Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#3001055 11/14/17 04:49 PM
M
OP Offline
M
I do not have an iphone but am going to get one very soon. My husband has an iphone 5.
I have turned off the imessage on his phone so that my cell bill shows all of his calls. He was imessaging his affair partner and the calls didn't show on the bill.
But to track his phone by Find a Friend it sounds like imessage has to be on?
Not knowing that much on iphone can I turn the imessage on just for me? or just for the Find a Friend?
Or is there a better way to track his phone? he does not have the apple ID as it is a company phone provided by his employer.
We re reconciling and this is just to reassure me of his whereabouts.
Thank you in advance.

M
M
I am not certain about iMessage having to be on, but there is a better way to track the phone. Go to System Settings, then Privacy, then Location Services. At the top of the list is Share My Location, which is where you set up Find Friends. Go to the bottom of the list. There you will see System Services. In System Services, you will see Significant Locations. Here you will find a location history, complete with map links, dates, and times.

me-65
wife-61
married for 40 years
DS - 38, autistic, lives at home
DD - 37, married and on her own
DS - 32, still living with us
M
OP Offline
M
Thanks,
I am also looking for away that I can see this from my new iphone. and from what I understand if I do the Find my Friends' I should be able to see his location in real time from my phone.

I did take a look at what you have mentioned on his phone. Thank you I will check this in the mean time.

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by mrEureka
I am not certain about iMessage having to be on, but there is a better way to track the phone. Go to System Settings, then Privacy, then Location Services. At the top of the list is Share My Location, which is where you set up Find Friends. Go to the bottom of the list. There you will see System Services. In System Services, you will see Significant Locations. Here you will find a location history, complete with map links, dates, and times.

SO I just found out over the weekend that the frequent places is not reliable. I was with my husband Saturday and Sunday and when I checked this Sunday night it did not have some of the places we were on Saturday. So not a good idea to rely on this. Disappointing, I thought I had it. I think I will get my iphone this week and hopefully the Find my Friends will work better.

M
M
It will reliably show you FREQUENT places. If your H is seeing an OW, it would be frequent and it would show up under frequent places.

Even so, the best tracker is FindMyIphone, which will track in real time.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
OP Offline
M
Great thanks!

C
C
Imessage does not have to be on for location sharing to work

The newer updates this year does notify them that when location is being shared on the text screen and on Find My Friends main screen.

If you have a Mac or Ipad, you can also configure Messaging if you have the Icloud account info. All Imessages will show up and can be read.

Again, a warning message is sent to the phone that messages are being shared with that computer.

M
OP Offline
M
HEy Chipdude,
Sounds like you know iphones well.

I want to track my husbands location by his iphone it is an iphone 5. I am getting an iphone SE soon.

I don't have his apple password and not sure that he does either as it was given to him by an employer ( but it is his now) and neither of us know much about this.
What is the best way to track him if I don't have that?
Will find Friends do this for me? I can get a hold of his phone for short periods of time.
I really don't want to turn the imessage on as then they don't show up on my bill, and I am still tracking those for a while.
Thanks in advance.

C
C
When you get a hold of his phone go to messages
Find texts between you and him
Tap I with a circle around it in upper right hand corner
Tap share my location
This works with regular texts and Imessage
This also turns on find friends

Note: there will be a message on the text screen
that he is sharing location.

I would text him a couple of pics to raise it out of sight or delete the text conversation

I will tell you from personal experience- it takes you to the intersection but you gotta guess which corner

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 493 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation