Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#3007768 02/26/19 04:21 PM
K
OP Offline
K
Does Dr. Harley have an opinion on prenuptial agreements?

My daughter is engaged, and her fiance, who is from a financially well-to-do family, wants to have a prenuptial agreement in place to protect his assets in the event of a future divorce.

When I first heard this, my stomach turned. My daughter feels yucky about it too.

Wondering if anyone knows of radio broadcasts or forum posts where Dr. Harley weighs in on this topic. Thanks.

M
M
Dr. Harley does not prefer them. He thinks if someone has a large amount of money, they should put the money in a trust that can't be touched. IT should also be used to support any children from previous marriages. He thinks the trust should even be set up before he/she starts dating. All of the subsequent income during the marriage should be shared, though. Also, any such agreements should be arranged and discussed before they get engaged. "Pre-nups really put a cloud on a marriage."

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

B
B
Originally Posted by KeepLearning
Does Dr. Harley have an opinion on prenuptial agreements?

My daughter is engaged, and her fiance, who is from a financially well-to-do family, wants to have a prenuptial agreement in place to protect his assets in the event of a future divorce.

When I first heard this, my stomach turned. My daughter feels yucky about it too.

Wondering if anyone knows of radio broadcasts or forum posts where Dr. Harley weighs in on this topic. Thanks.

Here is a show about prenups Gina writes about the resentment sh...nuptial agreement prior to their wedding

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

K
OP Offline
K
Thanks ML and BH,

In order to listen to the archived radio show, do I need a separate account? I tried logging in using the same userid/password that I use for this forum, but the system won't log me in.

L
L
You will need to purchase a subscription to the archives if you would like to hear previous radio shows, and for that, yes, you would need to create a separate account.

Married 1980
DDay Nov 2010

Recovered thanks to Marriage Builders

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation