Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#3007997 04/07/19 10:27 PM
J
jdmac1 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
So, I don't know exactly what brought me here tonight. Years ago I was a fairly active member. I guess I just wanted to check in and say a few words of encouragement.

I have been where so many of you are now. Cheated on, riding the roller coaster, hurting like I would rather die than go on!

I caught my wife cheating the first time in 2000. We went through all the ups and downs of trying figure out what we wanted. My wife refused to work on anything at the time. She was having the time of her life. She didn't want to get a divorce, didn't want to lose me. She was a cake eater to the max. While she was in the throes of her affair, I found this site and lived here day and night. I worked on myself and tried to become the best "me" that I could become.

Eventually her OP left her and she decided to give our marriage another chance. We(or I should say I was)were actually happy for a few years.

Long story short. In the end wife started a new job. Met other females who liked to party and play around with guys, and started having another affair. This is roughly 10 years from the original affair. Me? Well I was stuck back on the dreaded roller coaster! Her affairs lasted aprox. a year. Yes, multiples. After a few months of going through the same emotions, frustrations, and heartache as before, I told her I was filing for divorce. She said nothing when I told her. I filed, she was served papers. The day she was served, she came to me begging not to divorce her. She just wanted me to allow her more time to have her affairs and get it out of her system, Lol.

What she didn't know, and I never told her, was that one day I simply woke up and every feeling for her was gone! Like God flipped a light switch within me and took away all the feelings I had for my cheating wife. (The day she begged me not to divorce her, I actually laughed and simply said, "face it, you are divorced").

I am now divorced for about 8.5 years. I met a wonderful woman and we have been together for 6 years. We get along great.

I just wanted to say to those going through this he**. Hang in there. Follow the information on this site. Work on you every day. In the end, no matter what happens, you are going to be just fine. Let God work on you. Don't rush things. Seek out people who strengthen you. And, whether it is your wife/husband, or in the end someone else. You will love again and be happy! I might add, before I found my new lady, I was perfectly happy being single. I actually wasn't looking for, or to be in, a relationship. It found me, lol.

Wishing the best for all of you. Prayers.
JD

The sweetest joy, and, the wildest woe is LOVE.
~ Pearl Bailey ~
M
M
Hi Jdmac! Good to see you. We signed up around the same time and I remember you. Sorry to hear about your divorce, but sometimes the definition of success is divorce. It sounds like that is the case with you. I am still married to same man and we have a great marriage today. We went through the Marriage Builders seminar in 2007 and it was very successful. Thanks for checking in!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

L
L
Jdmac, my story similar to yours...ended up divorcing. It was a rough journey.

It was 10 years ago this month that I served her papers. Wow, time files.

I too met a wonderful woman, and have been married now for 2 years (actually today is anniversary).

Sometimes Plan-D is the correct choice.

Take care, LG

3-DDays, 4-OMs*, Plan-D May 9, 2009, final Dec 2010 (FREEDOM!)
Custody of DDs / new job(s) / "I'm alive...and well"

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 807 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation