Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#3008184 05/12/19 05:54 PM
D
OP Offline
D
Hello, I could do with some advice.

I have only been married for 11 months and I found out 8 weeks into our marriage that she had been having an affair. I had my suspicions and left a tape recorder in the house and it was confirmed that some sex act had happened. A few days later the bed was all messed up (empty house on the market). I suspected a local man. Since then there have been a few more times I have been suspicious.

Now she denies it, her family say I am imagining things and the tape could have been outside interference etc, a man’s voice on the tape she claimed was her just talking low.

I have tried everything to make her admit so we can build again but everyone thinks I’m paranoid. She even contacts my mom to get her to make me feel nothing happened.

So it’s me against the world and her constantly wanting affection and reconciliation. We have been to therapy and counselling and I have decided to protect myself and not have any intimacy.

This drives her nuts. I have told her I am moving out too but it seems all of these threats do nothing.

To top it all she is pregnant (I know it’s mine) and I am really happy in becoming a father but I wish she would just come clean.

I can’t build a foundation on lies and then deceit. For all I know it could be happening still.

Thanks.

H
H
Hi Dave,

I am very sorry that you are going through this.
Some questions come to mind reading your ttread.
1. How can you be so sure that the child is yours? As hard as it may b to think about it, she was having an affair 8 weeks in your marriage and she is still seeing other men...
2. dr Harley says you should get enough evidence to convince a jury.
3. don‘t let her know you are onto her. Snoop quietly.
4. you haven‘t been married very long and your history untill now does not bode well for the future. Consider leaving, especially if the child is not yours.

Last edited by happyheart; 05/12/19 06:20 PM.

me, DH
all the children
D
OP Offline
D
Thank you for that advice!

Oh the child is mine as it was through IVF so I’m sure about that area.

I feel awful snooping and i just don’t think it would happen in the same location.

For example, last week I dropped her off at a function, she was going to go by herself. While I was driving back I noticed this man’s car parked down the road at a diner. I waited a bit and he came out and headed off in the wrong direction to the town I know he lives in. I thought maybe he was planning on meeting up but it could be a coincidence.

So really I know I am living in constant turmoil.

M
M
Originally Posted by DaveUSA2019
I feel awful snooping and i just don’t think it would happen in the same location..

That is your first step. Hire a PI and/or put spyware on her phone. You can also place a VAR in her car. I have a feeling she might have married you for another reason, ie: financial support. Stop asking and start snooping!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by DaveUSA2019
Thank you for that advice!

Oh the child is mine as it was through IVF so I’m sure about that area.

I feel awful snooping and i just don’t think it would happen in the same location.

For example, last week I dropped her off at a function, she was going to go by herself. While I was driving back I noticed this man’s car parked down the road at a diner. I waited a bit and he came out and headed off in the wrong direction to the town I know he lives in. I thought maybe he was planning on meeting up but it could be a coincidence.

So really I know I am living in constant turmoil.

Dave, the plan here will fix the turmoil for you, but you have to rip the bandaid off: snoop until you are in a position to be able to prove she doesn't have another relationship. Eventually one of two things will happen:
1) snooping won't make you feel awful - it'll be downright boring because there's nothing to discover
2) you'll know the truth of the situation and be able to work a plan to fix the problem

Not snooping will lead to continued turmoil and it will only get worse.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
B
B
You need to put spyware on her phone. Can you afford a PI?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (2 invisible), 476 guests, and 72 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation