Hey everyone! I’m over the moon right now because my boyfriend of 5 years just proposed, and I’m still in shock. He completely surprised me (I honestly didn’t see it coming!), and of course, I said YES! I’m so excited to marry him and start this new chapter together.

There’s just one little problem… I love him and everything about the proposal, but I’m not sure how I feel about the engagement ring. It’s a beautiful cushion cut ring from DiamondNet, and while it’s stunning, I’ve always dreamed of having either a pearl or oval cut engagement ring. I know he put a lot of thought into this, and I don’t want to seem ungrateful at all, but I can’t shake this feeling that it’s not quite me.

Has anyone else ever felt this way? I’m torn because I don’t want to hurt his feelings, but at the same time, I’d love to have a ring that reflects my personal style. Any advice on how to handle this situation gently? Should I bring it up, or just embrace the ring and move on? I feel stuck, and I’d appreciate any thoughts!