I have a wife and our relationship was going pretty strong before the start of all of this, but now I have to reconsider.

My wife came home one evening a full half hour later than usual. I asked her what had kept her, and she said the traffic was bad. The same thing happened the next day, I questioned her about it, and she admitted she'd gone to get a drink with a male coworker, and she didn't tell me this because she knows how I am with these things. I promptly reminded her that this sort of behavior was not allowed, and told her that I was imposing a curfew of 5PM on her until further notice.

Well, the next day, she came home at 6PM, and when she did, I pointed out she had broken the rules, and that this is a household of discipline and integrity, and in order for such a household to function, the way she's behaving cannot be allowed to slide. I told her she was grounded for a week, confiscated her phone, marched her upstairs by the arm, and locked her in our bedroom. I brought her food and drink for the night, told her not to worry because I would bring her sufficient food and drink to last each day (there is a bathroom connected to our bedroom so don't worry about that), and assured her that this was necessary for the good of our relationship.

Today her phone rang, I answered, and it was her boss. He asked why she didn't show up today, to which I explained the situation, and when he criticized my course of action, I politely requested that he not intrude on our relationship or my disciplinary techniques, and that the sanctimony of our household was far more important than his profits.