Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Y
OP Offline
Y
HI! I'm new here and am not sure if this is the right forum for me. I'm under the impression that most here are dealing with an adultress spouse. I'm on the other side. I'm the one the committed adultery. I've spent the past couple of years trying to figure out why and how did my 13 year marriage go wrong. After reading a lot and praying a lot I've come to several conclusions. But am I too late? I've been divorced/separated two years today! It is such a sad day for me. In that two year time I remarried and am in a terriably abusive situation and am having a very difficult time getting out of it. I tried going through local abuse agencies and they are so full that they can't seem to be able to help. Everytime I get a few dollars saved something else takes it away. My ex currently has a live-in. I know that my first marriage is the one God wants me in. So if I come and play with you all will you hate me? I just really need support and understanding. I need to be with people who can share in my joys (I actually talked face to face with ex for 40 minutes last week!!) and my frustration (getting out of my current mess) and one day I will be able to announce a wedding date!! If I should be posting somewhere else, please let me know.

S
SDS Offline
S
You are in the right place. You know there are a few who are the betrayers that post here but I couldn't tell you who there are, not because I don't read there post, but I don't think it matters. We are all trying to survive an affair(s) and to reconcile our marriages. So with that welcome to this forum soory for the circumstances that brought you here. We love to share the joys, we understand pain and frustration all to well. We will listen to you vent, and cry,and laugh with you and pray for you and help in anyway we can. I wish I could give you some advice about where to go for help on the abusive situation that you are in but I am sure that someone here will be able to help. <P>------------------<BR>di<P>

C
C
Yes, you are in the right place. You made a mistake and want to right the wrong. Read all you can, try these sites also- <A HREF="http://www.divorcebusting.com" TARGET=_blank>www.divorcebusting.com</A> and <A HREF="http://www.drirene.com" TARGET=_blank>www.drirene.com</A> for the abusive relationship. I am sure you have contacted the various shelters. I live in Canton, and have family in Columbus- I know what a huge town that is, so I am sure most facilites are full. <BR>I am glad you're here.

L
L
Welcome Bikermom--<P>This is a great place for advice, to vent and even simply share successes and failures.<P>Tell us what's going on. So you feel hope you may be able to reconcile with Ex?<P>Get away from your abusive situation as soon as you can! Best wishes.

R
R
Unfortunately, welcome Bikermom. Wish you didn't have to be here with the rest of us.<P>I am a former betrayer who now is the betrayed. There are others like me and others who are just betrayers. We ALL are here to support each other.<P>I agree with others - PLEASE find a way out of your current abusive situation ASAP!!!!! <P>Also, nothing is impossible as far as the ex-H. My BIL and his W were divorced a year and remarried. Also, 2 weekends ago, I met a couple who had been divorced 5 YEARS and remarried now 4 yrs. Anything is possible, but you may have to work hard at it.<P>Roll Me Away<BR>P.S. I ride, too. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

Y
OP Offline
Y
Thanks soooo much for the responses!!! I know I need to get out of my current situation....and fast!! Once I'm out I can to take the steps to rebuild my marriage even if it is waiting..and waiting..and waiting. His live-in is starting to play some terrible games with him and I worry about my ex. I may not be the best person in the world, but I know now what I need to do to make it work. When he is ready I know he will work with me. I decided to read a little bit each day. I tried to read A LOT over the weekend and became quite overwhelmed!! I pray each day that God will help me out of my current situation and then we (God and I) can work on rebuilding!<P>Roll me away...what do you ride? I have an 1987 sportie! Love it!

Y
Y
You are definately in the right place. We are all here to give support to each other, whether you are the betrayer or the betrayed (like me). The most important thing I want to say is to get out of the situation you are in NOW NOT LATER!! I don't mean to yell, but this is a very sensitive topic for me right now. A friend's daughter was just killed by her husband yesterday. Read "Another Prayer Request:Very Sad" It will explain more.<P>I will try and keep up with you through your journey. It is never too late to get back to where you truly belong. If you want your ex back, fight for him. But, get out of your current situation first. Money should never be a reason to stay in a horrible situation. I know it's hard, but you can do it! Stay tough.<P>P.S. My husband and I ride too. We have a 1997 Honda CBR 900 RR.

R
R
Bikermom,<P>I ride a 1984 Honda, my H has a 1987 Harley FXR-Custom, son has a Sportster and another son has a Harley (maybe low-rider, am not sure) and another son has a 1984 Honda like me and another son has a 1985 Yamaha. I've got one more son, but he hasn't taken the MC Rider course yet - plans to this summer and then we'll get him a bkie, too. I went 2 weekends ago and rode in the N. GA mountains - the colors of the trees changing - was GORGEOUS!<P>Keep the faith, Bikermom. We are all pulling for you. Keep praying and thinking - God will put a path in your way for you to get out of this abusive relationship. Be on the lookout!!<P>Roll Me Away

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 790 guests, and 75 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation