Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Y
OP Offline
Y
I know that I'm new to this site, but I was really hoping to make some friends who would have some idea of what heart wrenching pain I've been thru. None of my current friends seem to understand why I chose to forgive my man for the cheating. Don't get me wrong, they support my decision, but still think I'm crazy for even giving him another chance. Maybe just realizing that I needed to pray about my situation was what I needed. I still would like to hear from other women who've been down my road, so I don't think I've lost it.... And that I still have my sanity.

E
E
You may be new to the site, but your short little post exploded with wisdom.<P>Thank you for reminding us all what the common denomitator to success is and that is prayer. It may or may not mean the success of our marriage, sometimes that isn't God's will, but it means our own personal success at finding a way to live on.

Y
OP Offline
Y
My past few days have been spent in considerable peace and I know that it's by the Grace of God. My fears (although not consuming) are of the next phone call we receive from the ex, to talk to her daughter. Wondering what is going on in his mind and if he wants to talk to her. She only calls maybe once a week, which I find so unable to believe that you would only want to talk to your 4 yr old that seldom. I feel that God thought maybe she needed a better life than what she had and is why she's now w/us. I've already committed so much of my life, to him, to his daughter, to my daughter, and our home to even question whether or not I can trust him enough to marry him. The fact is, that's something that I want sooooo bad, & I can't imagine it being any other way. I just want the dreams to stop, and I want to have the security back that was taken away from me.

Y
Y
You are not crazy for forgiving your husband. If you are crazy, then so am I. Many of my friends gave me conflicting views. One friend said she wanted me to stay with my husband, but wouldn't do the same if her husband cheated on her. She said she did not know how I could trust him again, and in the same breath, said I had to. Other friends wanted me to stay with him because they knew that's where I belonged. <P>I eventually got to the point where I said what really matters is what I want, not what everyone else wants for me. I could not imagine myself with anyone other than the man I have been with for almost eight years. He made a mistake nine months ago that he will always regret. He shouldn't be punished for it the rest of his life, and come to think of it neither should I. Stay tough and follow your heart.

T
T
I understand what you are saying, people that care about you don't see your husband through your eyes. They see your husband through the eyes of someone who was hurt very badly.<P>I think it is commendable that you would forgive your husband and fight for your marriage. <P>I saw a picture the other day, and it was in black and white and the backs of an old couple holding hands walking down the street. I showed it to my husband and said "this is what is all about"... Can't have that with pride, ya know?<P>I think this is where you heart is. You are thinking longer term than the pain you are experiencing. <P>Keep on hanging in there.<P>God Bless You.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 963 guests, and 78 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation