Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#32729 11/20/99 11:18 PM
M
OP Offline
M
My younger boy is here for the weekend and brought a Wierd Al Yankovick CD for the old man to listen to.<P>There is a tune on there that is entitled "Since your've been gone"<P>I must be in a really dumb mood because the very last lines just about killed me. It goes<BR> <BR>"Ever since the day you left me,<BR>I've been so miserable, my dear<BR>I feel almost as bad as I did<BR>When you were here". <P>Yeah, I coo coo for cocoa cocoa puffs.<P>Been a bad Val week. Hope yours is better.<P>Wishing us all the Best.<P>Medic

#32730 11/20/99 11:31 PM
N
NSR Offline
N
Medic,<P>Damn those songs... new and old...<BR>I was listening to an oldies radio station and when I heard the words to "I'm leaving on a jet plane"... Yuck!!!<P>BTW... you live no too far from my W and her OM... They live in Wescosville (just West of Allentown!)<P>Jim

#32731 11/20/99 11:38 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Hey NSR,<P>Boy they aren't kidding when they say the world is a small place. Wescosville is a hop, skip and a jump of off route 78.<P>You don't live too far away either!<P>Some stuff just hits me funny these days.<P>Wishing us all the Best.<P>Medic

#32732 11/20/99 11:58 PM
W
W
I hate music sometimes. The day I found out about W's EA I was listening to the radio and our wedding song came on. Shining star by the Manhattens. Sine then I look forward to hearing sad love songs it helps me mourn the end of my marriage as it was. Then I listen to Chuck Swindall and get prepared for my future relstionship with my sick wife. Man I'm bittertonight. hehe<P>------------------<BR>BB<BR>

#32733 11/21/99 12:12 AM
C
cl Offline
C
hi medic, thank you weird Al? I happen to sort of like the sick sense of humor he has...sort of like I thought zappa was a creative genius? <BR>I am glad your son is there to visit. Have a good time with him, no dwelling on what you cannot fix right now! Hope he is doing well in college. <BR>I feel safe asking this from far away...are you more depressed because you are self medicating more? I could have a few drinks every few days, but noticed that with 2-3 a night regularly I was more depressed. Any chance of trying the wort or SAM-e? <BR>BTW, wierd al is better than some of the other choices out there! <BR>

#32734 11/21/99 12:13 AM
M
OP Offline
M
Hey BillJ,<P>The part I hate is all my favorite bands from the '70's and '80's [yeah I'll be 40 next year] play really sad love songs if you listen to the lyrics. I guess I never really paid attention before. Kiss, Dokken, Scorpions, 38 Special, Truimp, Cinderella, Boston, Bon Jovi.<P>I must be getting too sensitive. I thought their tunes were great. But, of course I was only banging my head off the dashboard.<P>Man, I must be getting old or mature.<P>Wishing us all the Best.<P>Medic

#32735 11/21/99 12:34 AM
M
OP Offline
M
Hi CL,<P>Must have been posting at the same time. No it's my younger son that's here. Timmy is still up at ESU until next Tuesday. I am somewhat concerned what is happening with my family. Not only are there two people involved in the marriage problems.[W and me] I recently found out that Timmy just started smoking from some of my employees because he is worried about me and my mental status. I don't know if this is good or not, but, I tell him everything, he is my best friend. Maybe I unload too much. We were always very close. I AM NOT A GOOD ROLE MODEL RIGHT NOW!<P>I stopped the Wellbutrin because I didn't think it was doing me any good. Boy am I a nitwit. I was getting nasty and have started taking it again. I am having a major problem with alcohol. I will not lie to you I am not coping well with my situation. I have new outlooks and then fall back into the damned pit. My thought process swings wide. Just when I had it under control. Yeah, right.<P>Wishing us all the Best.<P>Medic<P>I am seriously consisidering asking the FMD for Antabuse. I figure that if I throw up enough after the ETOH I might get the idea.<P>

#32736 11/21/99 01:45 AM
Y
Y
My H is a Lynyrd Skynyrd fan, BIG time. So I was looking online for the lyrics so I could print them out and give them to him, to remind him about love and family,but EVERY danged one of them was about leaving your SO to play music or some other stuff. So that thought backfired on me major time.<P>Oh well, maybe next time.<P><P>------------------<BR>God Bless you and yours,<P>Sheryl W.<P>www.widesmiles.org/gallery/britanie

#32737 11/21/99 02:32 AM
C
C
<BR> I love 38 Special, 'What if I'd been the one to say goodbye' I have that in my car,<BR> its almost wore out.

#32738 11/21/99 09:32 AM
W
W
Medic,<P>I found a couple of songs by the Carpenters with happy endings. Fortunatly I hate country music.<P>I don't know if you have read any of mt posts. I'm a recovering drugs addict, clean 3 tears. I have given up my anonymity here because I see alot of parralels. I know that numbing my feelings doesn't make them go away, it only makes things worse. One of the things I know ia 1 is too many and a1000 is never enough.<P>If you want to talk more about this email me wconklin@carolina.rr.com<P>Bill<P>------------------<BR>BB<BR>

#32739 11/21/99 11:43 AM
C
cl Offline
C
hi medic, why did i just have that feeling? Antabuse is good, but need to do something for the head too. How bout AA? <BR>You know everything I would say don't ya? Yep, yep, yep. <BR>I am worried about you. (((hugs))) cl

#32740 11/21/99 12:31 PM
A
A
Hey, Medic, sorry you are so down. I've been laying on the floor most nites with headphones on, listening to the saddest songs I can find. I play a variety of things, from U2 to old Motown and blues. I hear you about the alcohol. Getting to be a major problem for me. Closed down a couple of bars on Fri, and swore I would be good on Sat. But I ended up drinking beer all afternoon with friends. AA has been suggested, but I'm just not ready to give it up. Now that sounds pretty pathetic doesn't it?

#32741 11/21/99 07:20 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Mitme,<P>The lyrics that never bothered me before are starting to bite me in the butt. They have a new meaning for me now. <P>CutieP,<P>Some of 38 Special's tunes have hit me in a sore spot too. Maybe we're just taking this too serious. <P>BillJ,<P>Thanks for the offer to E-mail you. I will take you up on that offer. <P>CL,<P>You are such a stinker. I've been told already that I should go to AAA because I drink so much. I seem to be having really great days where feel that I could rule the world. But, then I have the really, really bad Val days as well. At least the bad days seem to be decreasing in frequency. <P>ATW,<P>I also sit downstairs, pop the headphones on and my term "rock out" till all hours. I consider this good therapy. I'm trying to fight the alcoholism. I can kill 1/2 a case of pounders a day. Not bragging. I always tell myself that I'm going to quit tomorrow. It seems tomorrow never comes. I find myself heading to Mr. Beerman almost every other day. I tell you what, for what we are going through I don't think it's pathetic. It's just sad we have to utilize this as a crutch. I know ETOH is a depressant. So does that mean we shoud be taking uppers? I'll keep trying to quit. Hope you can too.<P>BTW I'm having a good day. Played Bball with my kid and threw a base ball around till my arm started to hurt. I'm getting old.<P>Wishing us all the Best.<P>Medic

#32742 11/21/99 08:26 PM
Y
Y
Music' yuck! Took long time to listen to anything with out applying it to their affair.<BR>Jim- that jet plane song can make me puke, almost as I print it.H bought it for OW's birthday so they can remember each other when H and I were on our 5th annv. trip to hawaii! Can't wait till all those songs become old and they are not played on the radio all the time.<BR>Others - good suggestions of songs that are betrayed safe!<BR>Take Care,<BR> BECCA

#32743 11/21/99 08:44 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Becca,<P>The only tape I have that is 100% betrayer/betrayed safe is by Stryper, a christian rock band. <P>When I really feel down I pop that in the player. They sing songs of praise and devotion. Just the picker up we need!<P>Wishing us all the Best.<P>Medic

#32744 11/22/99 02:59 PM
W
W
Medic - LOL on the song lines. I heard one in the supermarket the other day that went something like, "Please don't leave me, I can't stand it if you go." Or something like that. Really struck a chord, so to speak! Didn't recognize the group because I don't really keep up with pop music these days. Anyone know the one I'm talking about? Regards and blessings,<P>--Wex

#32745 11/22/99 03:25 PM
M
M
Medic ... you have Stryper????<P>You must be a Hard Rock Christian fan like my H. You name it he's got it. <P>I was just shocked to see Stryper in a posting. <P>Best wishes always.

#32746 11/22/99 05:22 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Yep Maya,<P>Not a bad tune on the entire tape. It uplifts the soul.<P>Wex, I just got the biggest kick when I first heard it. Can't help ya out on the other tune though,<P>Wishing us all the Best<P>Medic

#32747 11/22/99 05:30 PM
L
L
I don't know who sings it, but there's a song with the lyrics "you left me for an ugly girl, she's an ugly gir--rrl." Very upbeat. That one I like. <BR>

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 134 guests, and 69 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Jmoor9090, Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker
71,841 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation