Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
slug Offline OP
OP Offline
S
ok, here's the story in short. i started dating a friend of mine 4 1/2 years ago. at first, we got along great. we did everything together, i watched her draw. stuff like that. i fell in love with her. we moved to nevada from detroit, and fought a few times. she couldnt work there because she was only 20, so she came back home. i saved enough and came back also. as time went on, we became less and less happy. i never gave her the attention she wanted, and she seemed to always complain about everything. so we broke up. i had sex with her best friend. a few weeks later, we got back together and moved into a house. things were great for a couple months, then i had sex with her worst enemy. she found out about that one, and moved out. after about a month, we started dating again, and of course everything was fine. then i had sex with her best friend again. she still didnt know about her. we broke up again a couple more times untill this summer. she had been complaining so bad that i was beeing very rude on the phone. she was upset because i called her new best friend to see what she was doing. so i blew up on her. after a few days of not talking, she called me up because we had "something" to talk about. i knew what it was. when i got there, i played the hot shot. acted like i didnt care (and i dont think i did at the moment) and she finally broke up with me. i guess thats what i wanted at the time. i started dating this girl i cant stand, never thinking about the ex, untill one night. she came over a friends house with another guy. it had been 2 months since we talked, so we sat down for a while. i told her how sorry i was for all that i did, and told her the truth about the first friend. then she leaned over and kissed me. twice. we talked for about an hour while her new boyfriend was out on the porch. then she got up to leave, i walked her to the door and she kissed me goodbye. then got in her boyfriends truck and made out with him for about 15 minutes. (she is not a slut if thats what you are thinking. she is very faithfull). i really didnt know that he was her boyfriend, and called her a couple days later. we went to the pool hall and played some pool. later we went to her sister's house and i slept on the floor. the next day when i asked her if she wanted to do something with me, she informed me about her boyfriend. she told me that he listens to her, and makes her feel beutifull. all the things i want to do, but had lost intrest in doing. my heart sunk. i almost vomited. i know its hypocritical, but i cant stand the thought of another guy with my girl. then she called me up last weekend to see if i wanted to hang out with some mutual friends. i agreed and the night was great untill she said " this is taking too long, i have things to do." again, i was devistated. i cried myself to sleep that night. the next day, we hung out all day long. we bbq'ed at her sister's house and had a couple drinks at her house. around 9:30pm i left because i could sence that she was gonna go somewhere. on my way home, she called and said that "he" was gonna come over, but decided not to. and that she wished she had known that, because she would have had me stay the night. but i had things to do in the morning, so i didnt go back. its an hour drive. we small talked yesterday, and she said she would call me when she left his house. but she didnt call. needless to say, i havent ate, slept or smiled much in the last couple weeks. i know this isnt the best description of whats goin on, but i have no idea how to feel or react. i dont know if i should be near her whenever possible so i can restore love units, or if its a waste of time.<BR>plz help

H
H
Slug,<BR>My advise to you is if you are not "TRULY" love her and respect her, you better leave her alone.<P>Good luck.<P>

J
jsg Offline
J
Have you ever heard of the old saying, "You reap what you sow." Apparently you are getting what you deserve for the multiple times that you cheated on your girlfriend. If you truly want her back then you have to quit cheating and give to her everything that she desperately needs in a man. If this means being faithful, then you need to be faithful. If this means you need to listen to her, then by God listen to her.<P>It appears that your relationship with her is not a "waste of time." She may want you back, but is not quite ready to be burned again. You have to convince her that you want and need her more than anything in the world. Please keep in mind that this means you will never have sex with anyone else other than her for the rest of your life. If you are willing to make that sacrafice, then maybe you will have a shot. Otherwise, I would leave her alone.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 612 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation