Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#334093 03/16/00 09:41 PM
R
ragston Offline OP
OP Offline
R
I don't really need to preface this poem, just know that one particular night I watched my 7 year old son try to deal with his feelings about my separation with his mom. I held him that night and we cried together, each time I read this I feel the tears coming. Above all else, I try to make sure he knows he is loved. I wrote this on that night. I love you son.<P><BR>sweet child of mine<P>So innocent and so young, <BR>can you know the things we’ve done?<BR>Don’t cry, don’t cry sweet child of mine.<P>No answers can I find to explain<BR>To the questions about your pain.<BR>Don’t cry, don’t cry sweet child of mine.<P>To small to know what to say,<BR>Wipe those tears and go and play.<BR>Hush now, don’t cry things will be fine.<P>Just take your father’s hand<BR>And don’t try to understand<BR>Don’t cry, don’t cry sweet child of mine.<P>Gentle soul your pain I feel <BR>Father time your heart will heal,<BR>Don’t cry, don’t cry sweet child of mine.<P>Go to bed and try and rest,<BR>Know that daddy will do his best.<BR>Hush now, don’t cry things will be fine.<P>Sleep my son tomorrow is a new day.<BR>Let Sandman come and take the tears away.<BR>Don’t cry, don’t cry sweet child of mine.<BR>

#334094 03/21/00 09:08 PM
Y
Y
Ragston,<P>Your talent is quite admirable, the words inspirational, and hopefully your heart is finding a way to heal. I, too, have a 7 year old that has cried, expressed, and been held so tightly. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us all.<P>~Jenn

#334095 03/22/00 11:01 PM
V
V
ragston,<P>You are certianly very gifted. I'm not sure I should ask, but have you shared any of these poems with your wife? Perhaps you have good reasons not to, but it would be a shame for her not to see your gift of prose, and your struggles and joy at times. I am sure no one else she knows has such a way with words!<BR> Victoria

#334096 03/22/00 11:02 PM
V
V
ragston,<P>You are certianly very gifted. I'm not sure I should ask, but have you shared any of these poems with your wife? Perhaps you have good reasons not to, but it would be a shame for her not to see your gift of prose, and your struggles and joy at times. I am sure no one else she knows has such a way with words!<BR> Victoria

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 728 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation