THE LETTER<P>Hey mom hey dad<BR>You have got a grandson aren’t you glad<BR>We wished you both could have been here when he was born<BR>But we decided not to call you because our hearts were torn<BR>Torn between which one of you to choose<BR>Its your fault we all had to loose<BR>We didn’t want to see you fight any more<BR>Because you each kept, such good score<BR>Mom dad listen to what we have to say<BR>If you only could have made up on that spring day<BR>For all those years we were apart<BR>We missed each of you in our hearts<BR>Although we had one of you at a time<BR>The other one was left behind<BR>Left behind in sorrow and pain<BR>Because each of you didn’t want the blame<BR>Why did we get stuck in the middle of your fight?<BR>You both could have been there on that special night<BR>A night which should have been filled with total joy<BR>Each of you could have held my new little boy<BR>But now because of what you done <BR>It’s only me my husband and our precious son<BR>My husbands parents are divorced too<BR>They also was stupid just like you<BR>Different reasons same ending<BR>Don’t you get this message I am sending<BR>To us its seems so plain<BR>We didn’t mean enough to you for you to endure the pain<BR>You both have said how much you love us and this should be true<BR>If it was so why am I feeling so blue <BR>But to us we just can’t see<BR>Why are you both not here with me<BR>Now that I have brought a child into this world<BR>The real pain is now starting for your little girl<BR>The pain and heart ache of the years to come <BR>Trying to figure out which one<BR>Don’t you see <BR>What you have done to me<BR>Because of your evil and selfish ways<BR>Now I have to decide on his days<BR>Which set of grand parents will it be<BR>Why have you done this horrible thing to me<BR>I never asked to be brought into this world <BR>But look now what you have done to your little girl<BR>The little girl you love you proclaimed<BR>But who is the one to be blamed<BR>Neither one of you was willing from the start<BR>To open up and give the other one their whole heart<BR>Because of each of yours own selfish desire<BR>You have left it up to us kids to put out the fire<BR>A fire that will last to the end of your life<BR>Because you didn’t want to be husband and wife<BR>Mom and dad listen to what we have said<BR>To be with out you we wished we were dead<BR>For all those special events that you will have to miss<BR>Just because each of you were pissed<BR>For all the games you want get to see<BR>Why have you put me in this place of misery?<BR>I hope each of you will find it in you heart <BR>To forgive me for not calling from the start<BR>I just couldn’t bare the pain<BR>Of being put through this unforgivable strain<BR>The strain of trying to figure out which one to call<BR>To be here watching him play ball<BR>He is really good at the game <BR>Do you think it was worth all this pain? <BR>You have been both such a stubborn fool<BR>Now he is graduating from High School<BR>By now you are old and gray<BR>But what about his new child's birthday<BR>I’m sorry both of you couldn’t come<BR>We plan to have a lot of fun<BR>But because of all those many years in the past<BR>This fire will always last<BR>If you both just would have give in <BR>You could have been there to see him marry his best friend <BR>My son is such a handsome man<BR>Was this ever in you alls plan?<BR>Forgive me if I seem to be cold in part<BR>But you guys taught me how to have a hardened heart<BR>I watched you for all those years<BR>And now my eyes are filled with tears<BR>Tears that fall like summer rain<BR>Because neither of you loved us enough to endure the pain<BR>I have heard the story from both sides<BR>And from what I see cannot explain <BR>Why you put us all through this pain <BR>If only on that spring day so many years ago<BR>You would be here to see him playing in the snow<BR>But because of you hardened hearts<BR>We will always be apart<BR>Listen now to the story I have told<BR>For the time will pass and you will be old<BR>It will be to late to make things right<BR>I wished to God you could have been there on that special night<BR>The night your grandson was born<BR>But because of you both our lives will always be torn<BR>We could have made it, of this I am sure<BR>But what in your minds would have been the cure<BR>I have sent each this letter to read<BR>Why all those years ago couldn’t you see the need?<BR>The need to forgive and to leave the past alone <BR>I know in my heart we could have had a home<BR>A home filled with peace and love <BR>Just like it was designed from God above<BR>A home filled with laughter and glee<BR>Why did you do ever ever do this to me?<BR>