Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#334351 06/29/01 08:41 PM
L
Lostpup Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I wrote many poems a year ago and longer. They are quite the contrast to today and my faith has grown considerably since, as ive walked thru and still walk thru the valley of the shadow of death. After 3 years of hell and seperation, my wife and i are growing closer together and she is doing well in a treatment home for drugs and manic depression. We now are working and praying together for the Lord to compleatly restore our marriage and family. We still face many obsticles but the Lord will see us thru them all. This poem is like a psalm of David when he was in a cave crying out to God because an army was out to kill him.<BR>Mark<P><BR>I feel dark and lonely<BR>as i wallow in my own misery<BR>Is this life,or is this death<BR>I long to take,my last breath<BR>Until that day,may my love flow<BR>in a world filled with hatred<BR>I understand so little now<BR>God where do i go from here<BR>I hear the lies surround me<BR>there in my mind mixed with my pain<BR>Who can stand, in this hurricane<BR>And not get blown away.<BR>The love of most is already cold<BR>hell is knockin at my door<BR>Oh Lord,you seem so far away<BR>The lies say im forsaken,you say thats not true<BR>I love my wife with all my heart<BR>God, dont you even care<BR>shes out there dying somewhere<BR>The devil has already destroyed her <BR>Im tiard of trusting only in words<BR>when it comes to healing my land<BR>I see the warnings of destrution<BR>come alive throuhout this land<BR>God dont you see our tears<BR>If were so blessed,why do we fear<BR>Your children are suffering everywhere<BR>and we wonder,where is our God Tuesday, May 16, 2000<P>

#334352 06/29/01 10:22 PM
A
AFL Offline
A
Lost Pup:<P>Oh, how I can relate! So glad you and your wife are finding your way back. This crisis in my marriage and this crisis in my heart has also led to a crisis of faith that I am struggling with as well. My childhood was one huge crisis after another, yet I kept my faith. This has affected me like nothing else in my life. I hope God understands, will forgive and still hold out His hand when I am again able to reach for it. You and your wife, do not ever let go of it!<P>AFL

#334353 06/30/01 03:31 PM
L
Lostpup Offline OP
OP Offline
L
AFL, the Lord understands our struggles. If you study the bible you will see that all of the great men and woman of God failed miserably at times along the way. Peter was the greatest example of that. He denied Christ 3 times and cursed at others that he didnt even know him. Moses murdered another man. Elijah ran from Jezebel to the mountains and just wanted to die. Jonah ran as far as he could from God, but God never gave up on any of them. In spite of ourselves, God will never leave us or forsake us. He is faithful even when we are not. God will alwasy be in control and he has his ways of strethening us and reaching us, when we want to give up.<BR>Mark

#334354 07/03/01 09:52 AM
C
C
In your difficult walk explained so well here in this very well intelligently written poem, I have learned a lesson for my marriage<P>A marriage that prays together stays together<P>I will definitely be amending some of the rules<BR>to my marriage today<P>And will find a church and minister soon by Friday<P>Carol<BR>

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation