Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#335662 01/04/00 08:41 AM
Y
OP Offline
Y
Please pray for us in Tallahassee, FL. Our marriage is at a crossroads. We have allowed ourselves to not maintain an intimate relationship together by over-parenting and lack of communication. We are going to counseling, but my wife says she does not feel love for me anymore.<P>I deeply love my wife, and value our marriage and family more than anything. This relationship is savable. I have been reading several books that give me great reason for hope. I pray several times daily for God's assistance, which I have already felt.<P>I have been praying to God for his direct intervention, asking for a miracle. Please pray for us and ask the same.<P>We have a 2 year old son that needs his mother and father to not only stay together, but to be happy together, and love each other for life.<P>My wife has recently become involved with a gentleman over the internet, who lives 150 miles away. She has been over to meet him, and is planning to again, despite my requests not to. While he is not the sole problem here, he is contributing to it greatly. I have no personal animosity for this man (Mark), but do pray that he will respect our marriage and leave my wife alone. I also pray that my wife will stop seeking him out. (She has said they are purely friends, but recently told me that she thinks she is in love with him).<P>Please pray for the rebuilding and rebonding of our marriage. I love my wife dearly, and am doing all that I can do myself to save this.<P>If you have a prayer circle, please pass this prayer request to as many people and groups as you can.<P>Thank you for your help.......<BR>

L
L
I can relate to your story. My H. and I had a similar experience when our children were small. He was a workaholic and I was wrapped up in caring for our children and we failed to keep working on our relationship. The Lord did indeed do a miracle in our situation, and healed our relationship. We are now more in love than ever and continue to work on our marriage daily.<P>Heavenly Father, I lift this couple up to you and I pray that you will heal their relationship as you did ours. Renew their love for each other, Father God, and help them to learn to better communicate and understand each other. I pray that they will become 'best friends' with each other, and that this friendship between the wife and the other man will come to a swift end. Thank you Lord for leading Committed Man to this MB website and thank you for what you are about to do in their marraige. In Jesus name, Amen.

Y
Y
Father God<BR>Please send down your heavenly forces and protect this man. I claim Hosea 2:6-7 in his name and Satan I demand that you and all of your forces promoting this spirit of adultery be bound at the gates of hell. Satan, You are powerless in this situation because of the blood of Jesus which will cleanse and protect this family. Jesus Thank you for granting this man a spirit of peace and for showing him his own faults and helping lead him closer to you so he may have that peace. Abba Father I ask that you surround this child's mind from any possible emotional damage and in the name of Jesus I break every Family curse placed on this Family. I thank you in advance for all of this. In your Son's Precious Name Jesus Amen<P>Bro- I will Pray for you daily please keep all of us informed. We will not surrender this fight

Y
OP Offline
Y
I can feel God working through me. My prayers continue, along with those of others. My wife and I "talked" a little last night. She says I am pushing her too hard to reconcile. She did say that her "feelings" for OM may be because he is making her feel good about herself, that he listens and doesn't tell her what she should do.<P>I told her that while I had not asked her to stop talking to him (as long as they were just friends), the fact that she had admitted having feelings for him changed the dynamics of the relationship with OM. I told her that no amount of counselling, behavioal changes or love could fix our marriage until she (a) let go of all feelings for OM and/or (b) stopped talking with him entirely.<P>She heard me, but did she really hear me? She says she is trying, but her objective right now is not to save the marriage. Her stated objective for counselling is to find out who she is and what went wrong.<P>I told her that I believed we should only talk about this through counselling right now.<P>Your thoughts and suugestions, please?<P>I am really trying on my end, but I KNOW that nothing will be fixed until she has cut the cord with OM and it focused only on us.

H
hw Offline
H
Committed man,<P>God has really placed on my heart just to pray for my husband. He has told me to stop trying to fix, convince or talk about anything other than chit chat, oh yes, and just love him (action word). My husband moved out 4 months ago. I have stopped talking about anything other than what we have to for the kids and just safe topics. But the real piece of it is to pray. I have been posting everywhere for prayer. I think I will join a prayer and fasting group on the internet. I would like to pray for others and their marriages as well as having mine prayed for. If interested I could respond with the email address.<P>Father, I lift this committed man up to you now. Show him your will. Show him how much you want him to seek You and let go and let God work. Lord, build a wall between his wife and the om and let them lose interest in each other. Let his wife be restored to a relationship with you, dear Lord. Keep this family together for your Glory in your name. In Christ's saving grace, Amen. God Bless.

Y
OP Offline
Y
Thank you HW.<P>I can feel God at work, but the contact with OM has to cease for our efforts to have a chance.<P>She does not see the conflict that it is causing. She said last night that her "feelings" for him may just be because he is listening to her and that they may not be real. (That was the first admission I have heard from her that he may be a fantasy). She says she has not told him about her feelings for him-I am not sure that I believe that.<P>I told her last night that we really could not focus on each other while she was communincating with him. Her reply was that she needed him to talk and that I had "no idea" what they talked about and that I was way off base in what I likely thought> (I am not sure I believe this either).<P>We went to counselling this past week and will go again next week. She says she will continue, but has not said for how long.<P>I pray to God daily and feel his presence in me. I have asked him to END this inappropiate relationship and focus my wife's heart and me and our marriage. I know HE is working, I just hope I am not being impatient.<P>She says she loves me, but only after I say it to her. I am getting such mixed messages that it is impossible for me to know when to try and talk to her, if at all. If I am quiet, she says I am being "pissy", if I try to talk about it, she says I am being "pushy" and selfish. <P>I believe that there is still love there. When I ask her is looking at our marriage important, she will answer, "that's why I am still here". That after she told me last weekend that the only reason she had stayed in our home was because she did not have the financial resources to leave.<P>See my problem? I am committed to this marriage, and want to save it. But, I cannot do it alone.<P>Thoughts and suggestions, please........<P>

H
hw Offline
H
This all sounds so familiar. My husband said that his ow had nothing to do with us. He just couldn't see that while he was in contact with her, he wasn't really working on the marriage. I am sorry he moved out but on the other hand he was not working on us and certainly was not committed. I don't really know how things stand. I have given up trying to convince him we could make it. But I do know God is saying let go and let God. I am praying diligently and trying to remain in Christ's arms. I am relying on him. I have posted all over the internet for prayer. (Might as well use the internet for something worthwhile) [millss@webtv.net(Billie Sue Mills)] is the internet site that you can submit prayer requests to and and join them for praying for other's marriages and fast once a week. They send you the lists on Tuesday and then they fast and pray for others with the same problems we are facing. At this point that seems more positive to me then sometimes posting on the MB board though in the past it has been helpful too. Try it. God is great and wants to heal marriages. I am excited to get in a ministry that prays for mine and have an opportunity to pray for others too. God Bless.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 629 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation