Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#335937 02/13/00 03:53 PM
L
Lostpup Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Hi everybody,Im new to this forum.My marriage has been thru every conceivable problem.Ive been seperated for 18 months now and weve been married 5 years.We have 2 kids and my wife is now in drug treatment and they also found she has manic depression and her liver is in bad shape.I kinda knew she was manic for 2 years but its now offical and she has started meds.Im not going to go into all shes done in the last year but it was a whirlwind of chaotic destuction that leveled our lives.Im still there for her and supportive of her in her treatment.At this point im still not sure where shes at and maybe she isnt either.My arms and home are still open to her and she knows it but she still waveres back and fourth on her decision.I feel like God keeps telling me not to give up on a miracle of restoration of our family.It has already reached the impossible stage.Ive tried to give up so many times but i acually feel even more miserable than not giving up and most people would have given up a long time ago.Please anyone pray that God turns the ashes of our lives into His glory.Im still facing so many obstacles.And it seems as though all of Hell is againts me.Mark

#335938 02/13/00 07:06 PM
Y
Y
Lord,<P>In your mercy, give Mark the strength to stand by his wife and help her back to wholeness.<P>In your wisdom, give Mark the ability to nurture his children in their mother's absence, to guide them and help them understand what has happened.<P>In your love, give Mark hope for his marriage, be the rock that steadies him and help him always to turn to You when life's storms set in. Let Your blessings fall upon him in a gentle rain and sustain Mark until the sun shines again.<P>Amen.

#335939 02/15/00 12:02 AM
M
M
Dear Mark,<BR>I truly understand your pain and what you're going through. Although my H isn't currently addicted to drugs, he is to another devastating drug, alcohol. Don't give up Mark, Pray and Pray and Pray. It will be worth it. I, too, feel as you do when you said "I feel like God keeps telling me not to give up on a miracle of restoration of our family". I've felt for many years that I was chosen by God to be my husband's wife because the Lord knew he needed a Christian in his life to pray for him. There is hope, and that hope will come to you through faith in our Lord Jesus Christ, who, through him NOTHING is impossible. <P>Dear Father in Heaven, I lift Mark up to you right now Lord for your peace and comfort. Please give Mark the strength he needs to get through this trial victoriously. Show Mark the path You want him to take, help him to cope with the everday tasks of taking care of the home and his children. Lord, I also lift up Mark's wife, asking that you please speak to her heart and soul, softening her heart towards her husband. Show her that You are the way, the truth and life. Deliver her from her addictions, draw her close to you. Send the Holy Spirit to her to comfort her and envelop her in your love. Lord, we ask all in Jesus Name, AMEN. <P>If you feel so inclined, please read some of the praises on the Women's Bible Study forum for encouragement and to see how God is working in our lives. God bless you Mark, I will pray for you today and every day. Please keep us posted on how you're doing.

#335940 02/15/00 01:23 AM
L
Lostpup Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I am very thankful for all your prayer and support in here.I currently dont have my children.My son is at my sisters and my step daughter is at her real dads.My life is is utter ruins and it will take far more than a simple miracle to put it back together.If anyone can do it God can.My wifes health is also very bad and i dont really care about the debt were in but its quit large.At this point im not sure if my wife has even considered coming back to me.Her heart has become very hard .I really hope God can soften it,i know hes tryin awful hard.Thank you all again,Mark

#335941 02/15/00 11:52 PM
L
Lostpup Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Hi,Tonight i do want to give up.The rollercoaster is going down again along with my hope.My W called from treatment and said she was leaving(not the first time)and going to find some dope.It doesnt seem like her lithium is working or she wont take it i dont know.She sounded like a compleatly different person again.Very cold and distant.Then my sister tells me some person in alaska sent her some plane tickets.I confronted her and she just said it was a friend and shes not going.More lies.Told my sis he didnt do dope either.I still have my days when i wonder if God really wants me not to give up.Who can make it thru this kind of hell and acually believe Gods going to do something.Every time i pray things only get worse.Every time i get hope it gets shattered.I dont want anybody else and i cant figure out to this day why i would still want her.Does God want me to live the rest of my days in utter sorrow.I hate life and this has been goin on for 18 months.Oh its much better now but that gives me hope and then it just gets shattered.I pray i know the direction God really wants me to go.I dont know anymore.My faith is in the fire.Mark

#335942 02/16/00 07:38 AM
M
M
Mark, turn her over to the Lord. Let Him deal with her addictions. Maybe He is allowing her to go down the path of destruction in order for her to hit bottom. I know it seems so very hard to deal with right now, but you've got to remain faithful to God, for He will heal all our hurts in His time. Pray that God's will is done in your wife's life. Tell God what you told us in your last post, and ask Him to take over for you, to guide your every thought, word, and action. Don't let the things she says upset you, its the addiction talking. I have to remind myself of this daily. We're praying for you. God loves you, Mark, He will see you through this.

#335943 02/17/00 01:14 AM
L
Lostpup Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Hi,I do have to Give my wife to God daily.I guess i forgot to yesterday.I believe she hit bottom a long time ago its just that her mental illness keeps her from seeing that.After she threatened to leave treatment they came to her with a message from the Sheriff.If she leaves she goes to jail.She called me later and told me that and she was a different person on her medication.I just dont understand how such a kind sweet person can be so taken over buy metal illness and drugs.She has Jesus in her heart and when she first entered the treatment she asked if i would get her another bible and i did.I just dont understand and i dont think i ever will.The pain my children and i have gone thru has been unbearable at times.Still i see God is doing his part.If she wasnt in treatment right now she would be dead.God has answered many prayers along the way.The pain blinds me and i get impatient.I hope and pray this has a happy ending that will glorify God.Mark

#335944 02/18/00 01:09 AM
M
M
Mark, <BR>You're holding up so well. I'm so glad to hear you say that your wife has Jesus in her heart. God will be close to her, God will work in her life. Trust Him, don't let the enemy destroy all you've accomplished. I read a very encouraging passage today, "He hears your prayers, and is quietly at work in your spouse's life, even if you can't see it right now. No matter what happens at home, keep your eyes on Jesus. God honors persevering faith". Our Father in Heaven will see you through Mark. Keep praying. I'm praying for both of you. <P>God bless,<BR>AW

#335945 02/18/00 11:37 PM
L
Lostpup Offline OP
OP Offline
L
AW,I dont want to let the enemy destroy what i have accomplished.But the enemy seems to flood my life so much.I know the enemy hates me with a passion.Ive prayed countless hours and cried a ocean of tears for her.It seems every time i do i get visiously atacked.Im getting so tiard.The enemy has come very close to acually taking both hers and my life recently.Ive been in extream spiritual warfare for about 3 years now.It would appear that the enemy is winning or has already won.But i know i cant focus on the circumstances but we all know thats easier said than done.I pray for strenth to make it the rest of the way thru this.Im growing tiard and want to give up.Mark

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 963 guests, and 78 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation