Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
OP Offline
B
I've posted a couple of time here but now I need your prayers desperately. My husband left February 11th. Not due to another woman but because things just got to stressful for him. I've been without work for 9 month and lost my self-esteem and confidence. He just couldn't handle it anymore. I feel so betrayed and disillusioned. I've asked him to come home but he said he isn't ready. Ready for what? For me to get a job so that I can, again, have him live in a lifestyle in which HE became accustomed too! Please pray for him and I. I need to learn to forgive him for abandoning me when I needed him the most and trust again. I have seeked counseling and it is helping. I've gotten involved in a Bible Study group and that too is helping but I miss my husband. Why does his love have such conditions. Where are the men how believe in their wedding vows? Why isn't that only some believe in unconditional love? Please pray that 1. I get a job soon. 2. My husband comes home. 3. I learn to forgive and trust me again.<P>BEGGING FOR PRAYERS...THANK YOU<P>God Bless

T
T
Lord,<BR>You say you count our tears, and hear the prayers of the broken in spirit. Lord, Baby Doll is one of these people, and I thank you that you are taking special notice of her situation.<P>Father, minister love and joy to her spirit. Giver her a joy within her spirit, a peace that passes all understanding, and wisdom to make good choices.<P>Lord, please make a way for her husband to return home. Make him ready, Lord. Help him to realize the covenant he has with his wife, and the covenant is a higher standard than feelings. Help him to want to support his wife.<P>Give Baby Doll a sense of confidence in you, that she knows when she is called to a job that she will be serving you, and not serving you alone, that you are helping her to do well at this job. Lord, help her to have a passion for what it is that you have her to do. Give her the desires of her heart.<P>Lord, remind her that you have big plans for her. Help her to open her ears to hear the plans you have for her. Reveal to her what you want her to do.<P>Help the love for her husband to grow, that she sees more the love that she has for him, rather than where he lacks.<P>In Jesus Name,<BR>Amen

K
K
You are in my prayers!<BR>Kathi

M
M
A spouse leaving is tough - mine left last week. I'm sure we share many of the same feelings. In my prayers, I will be sure to include you and your husband.<P>Keep your chin up.<BR>God is there for you.<BR>Mike

B
OP Offline
B
MikeZ<BR>Thanks for your reply and your prayers. Maybe we can help each other. You would be able to give me the perspective of a man's point of view and I intern could do the same. Let me know if you like to exchange email addresses so we can talk more frequently!<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MikeZ:<BR><B>A spouse leaving is tough - mine left last week. I'm sure we share many of the same feelings. In my prayers, I will be sure to include you and your husband.<P>Keep your chin up.<BR>God is there for you.<BR>Mike</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

B
OP Offline
B
Thank you so much Kam. I need as many people praying as possible. Remember that there is power in numbers and I will keep you and mine.<P>God Bless<P><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kam6318:<BR><B>You are in my prayers!<BR>Kathi</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

M
M
BD,<BR>I appreciate your reply. The only way I can describe what is going on with me, is like a roller coaster ride I can not get off. <BR>But, two things have helped me - <BR>1) I went back to the church - understand that I have been going to church every Sunday of my life, but in recent years I lost myself. The poem called Footprints really makes me understand what God is doing for me. He was always there for me, I just never noticed. I met with our priest a few days back and it was the best thing I could have done. He helped me see that God has forgiven me and it is time that I forgave myself. I love my wife with all my heart, but I need to be strong and show her that I am "worth" being with. I shoulder a lot of the responsibility for our current state of marriage, and 7 months ago, she "woke me up". Since that day I have worked to find myself again.....I think I finally have. I have grown up a lot over the past few years, and I know one thing - I still am in as much love with my wife as I had been when we met. I only forgot how to show it. Not sure if it is too late for us....all I can do is trust in myself and in God. His love can and does conquer all. <P>2)The second thing that helped was a book I was led to. When I say led, I really mean it. I walked into a book store and said a prayer for God to help me find my way and for guidance. He took me right to a shelf full of hundreds of books. The first book I picked up was called - "Love Must Be Tough : New Hope for Families in Crisis" by James C. Dobson. I began reading it and could not put it down. BD, I definitely recommend this book to you. It may open your eyes to a solution that has been right in front of you all along. People have been telling me the same things Mr. Dobson conveys in his book, but I was not listening. Reading the advice brought it to a whole new level. I don't know if it is going to solve everything, but it has given me renewed STRENGTH and hope. <P>You can always post back under my message your reply. And don't be afraid to open up on this board. If I can not help, who knows who else may read your message and be able to lend a caring ear.<P>Keep your spirits up. And pray for strength to help you find your way.<BR>Mike

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 629 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation