Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
E
OP Offline
E
H has decided that he needs to go spend the night with BIL and his family tonight. I'm pretty sure it's a lie. i saw a paper with a phone card number and a girl's name...and "wed/sat off". He got this number evidently on his camping trip this weekend. It doesn't escape my notice that tonight is Wed. so I have to assume it's no accident. i can't confront him with this, and I don't really know where he is going or what he is relly doing. therefore I will be praying for the Holy Spirit to convict him and let him feel the depth of his spiritual fall if he should be involved in any activities tonight that break our marriage covenant. I feel like H loves me still. his mom said yesterday that he made a comment to her about it just being too late...tht his friends are all telling him to get out, that it will only get worse (it, what?) and that now it's just too late. I don't know what he's done to think there is no going back or if he thinks his feelings are too far gone, or my hurt has been too deep. But I feel like if he could find a way back he'd take it. He needs to feel whatever he feels for me without interference from friends....his convictions need to be strengthened to stand up to temptations.<P>i appreciate your support with all this mess.<P>Kim

A
A
emptyinside, I am so sorry you are hurting. I will pray for you and your husband all day and evening. Please keep faith, hope and trust in Jesus. There is so much power in prayer.<P>Dear Lord, I come before you now, thankful for all you are doing for emptyinside and her husband. Thank You Father for calming her, giving her a pure heart and clear mind, so that she can endure this trial. Thank You Father for giving her the peace that passes all understanding. She needs you so much right now, I pray that You will make Your presence known to her, touching her, helping her to keep faith in You. Father, her husband is hurting her. We know You see all and are watching everything her husband does. I pray Lord that You will lay it upon his heart to remain faithful to his covenant wife, emptyinside. Lord, we rest in You, content that You are handling this situation, according to Your will and Your time. Father, please fill emptyinside's heart, mind and soul with loving thoughts of his wife. Let his heart be filled with desire for only her. Father, I pray that any and all sins are revealed, and overwhelming conviction placed upon her husband. Let all untruths be exposed. Let her husband tremble and shake in fear of You Lord. Let her husband be miserable, unable rest, and have no peace until he turns his heart and soul over to You. Thank YOu Lord. IJN AMEN

E
OP Offline
E
Thank you so much for praying with me. God is amazing! My H came home and cut grass (long neglected) and decided he was too tired to go stay with BIL. Of course, he hinted that he was tidying up for the house to be in showcase condition..I guess to sell. And of course, he had to throw in a stinging comment or two about telling my friends to never date hispanics (which he is 1/2 and I am not), and implying that he may not be in the house with us when the baby is born. I don't know what his problem is...and sometimes I don't even like him anymore. I love him, but I don't really even know this man who has been in my house the last 2 months. MY H isn't like that.<P>But at least today's crisis seems to have passed...praise God. I have prayed all day. He has gone to BIL's to return the mower, so i will use this time to study The Power of a Praying Wife and pray for continued work on his conscience and peace for me and the baby. At least, I am getting some clarity back...mentally, anyway, ...and feel like I can take some steps to prepare for eventually selling the house and finding another if I have to.<P>Thank you again for always responding so promptly. it is hard for a newer Christian to know how to pray when the prayers need to be specific ..especially when I haven't had the faith I have now my whole life. It is easy to grow tired and feel hopeless. It really helps to know there are friends who can help me pray when I am at a point where I just don't know what to say anymore.<P>Thanks<BR>Kim

H
H
Hi,<P>My thoughts and prayers are with you. I am so sorry for what you are going through, especially with a little one on the way. I read your post and you said that sometimes you didn't know what to say anymore when you pray. I just want to tell you that God listens no matter how eloquent your prayer. Sometimes I just talk to Him as I would my best friend. He already knows your every thought so if you feel you are at your wits end and the words won't come then just say His name. He knows your every need. He doesn't need fancy words He only wants your love and faithfullness to His word. Just a thought and to share with you how I pray sometimes when I don't know what to say. You say that you are a baby Christian. That is wonderful. I can tell you that one word of praise for Him fills his heart to overflowing with love for you. I heard a song this morning- it said that God's favorite song of all is the sound of a lost sinner who has been redeemed by the blood of Jesus crying out His name in praise. So praise Him. He loves you just as you are.<P>Cindy

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
3 members (Comfortable Shoe, still seeking, 1 invisible), 89 guests, and 85 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Sourdine, Abela Laye, Ardent Center, Lost@1969, Jmoor9090
71,845 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation