Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
A
Lone Knight,<BR>TNT is right. You have all power over the enemy, claim it and use it. Take back what the deceiver has stolen in Jesus name! Here's what I have been praying. I pray that the Lord fills my husband with the Holy Spirit and turns him to Him, saving his soul. I confess it by saying to myself and others "my husband is a godly Holy Spirit filled man!", even though in reality he is not saved yet and lives for the god of the world. Neil Anderson's devotionals have great prayers on how to fight the spiritual war. Also, on the Women's Bible Study there are several spiritual warfare prayers posted, and a commentary on Satan's attacks on us. <P>Heavenly Father, I pray right now for Lone Knight. Show him Lord the power of the blood and how to fight the battle against principalities. Your word tells us You have given us the armor for this battle, please help Lone Knight put that armor on. Give him Your strength to endure, and a peaceful heart. I pray that the Holy Spirit envelops Lone Knight, giving him the peace that transends all understanding. Draw him close to you, increasing his faith. Thank You Father for the miracle You are doing in Lone Knight's life. I praise You in the highest. All the glory and honor is Yours Lord. IJN AMEN<P><B>Heb 11:1 "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, and evidence of things unseen"</B>

L
OP Offline
L
When everyone around you, including your counselor AND your psychiatrist tell you that they don't really feel that it IS GOD speaking to me, how do you ignore trained professionals? It was even suggested that I allow myself to be commited to a mental hopsital for several days, because I am having such a difficult time accepting it's over..... I will not let my daughter see me in a mental institution, even if the length of stay is only a few days. I know in my heart it IS GOD telling me to hold on it WILL happen, the reconciliation and rebuilding of our marriage is comming, but now I feel like I can't say the truth to my counselor, my psychiatrist, or anyone around me everyday. They believe it is just my mind creating things to keep my hope alive. And for a time I was, and might still be starting to believe them. I'm confused, scared, feel completely alone, and maybe my thoughts are my own version of what I want GOD to say, and HE really isn't. I can't seem to seperate truth from fiction. I still believe it IS HIM talking to me, I still have faith and belief that my wife and I will be together again as husband and wife, and our family will be restored. But the mountain of doubt keeps growing daily. I must heal from this depression before I will ever be given a chance at anything in life, especially a reconciliation. Thank you all for everything.<BR>Lone_Knight

H
hw Offline
H
loneknight,<BR>I was standing on the subway platform Sunday afternoon after church. I felt so lonely. I started to ruminate about how things are so bad. I said gosh I really don't have any friends nearby. Then the Lord said, I am here. You don't need anybody but me to talk to. All of a sudden I realized that the lonely feeling was God's way of getting my attention. I then talked to God and have sought Him in prayer and praise since then. <BR>I too can not talk about this situation to too many. My mom and sister think I am nuts, and so does my older daughter for that means. When she gets mad she loves to tell me how everyone thinks I am crazy. But the bottom line is, who do you have to hold yourself accountable to. God is the only one. It doesn't matter what the "professionals" say, after all they are only human too. Even ministers can discourage us sometimes. But it is only God we need to please and listen to. So, look up and say Yes, Lord, I am listening. If you want me to stand and wait, then I will.<BR>I go by the fact that until you hear something new from God, keep doing what you last heard Him say to you.<BR>He said to me "put me in the middle of your marriage." I have never heard Him say anything to the contrary since, so that is why I stand, wait and praise the Lord, for His almighty plans.<BR> <BR>Father, give this man strength, your strength, to just tell the "professionals" THAT THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED TO DO, AND YOU OWE NO EXPLANATION TO ANYONE BUT GOD. Now Lord, draw this man toward You and let Him thirst for Your words and wisdom. Increase his faith and overcome his unbelief. Lord, You know the plans You have for us. Thank You for being in charge and we praise You for all that You do each day. Thank You Jesus for being there each time we call! In Jesus name, Amne.

L
OP Offline
L
I had to leave and so some serious soul searching and prayer. Yet in spite of it all, things are still getting worse, daily. She won't even talk to me, I rarely get to see my daughter. My depression is crippling and I can't get out of the house unless I am forced to. I lost my job last october and haven't been to work since. I injured my knee in an accident in November, and it was thought that I was going to have to undergo surgery to repair the damage. Thankfully that didn't happen and I am on the road to walking without difficulty. I still haven't located a job and my wife, although the divorce isn't final, is filing a for a support hearing. I have no income, and no money... I'm going insane throughout all of this..... <BR>please keep My family in your prayers. We still need them tremendously.<BR>Thank you<BR>Jim<BR>

S
S
hmmmm. been wondering how you were doing....a hearing on support, now this could et interesting couldn't it? Let's see, spousal support could go both ways, could it not?<P>No income and no money means no child support...how have you been living since last October? Last I heard you could only go about 40 days without nourishment before your body really rebels....<P>I see that you are still feeling pretty discouraged. Are you in a men's accountability group to help you keep going forward instead of staying in the stuck mode?<P>I think God calls us to be proactive rather than reactive. What are you doing to care for yourself in all this? Where are you stepping out in faith, reaching out to others less fortunate than yourself, or how are you working to overcome your obstacles? This verse came to mind.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><B>RO 16:17 I urge you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them. [18] For such people are not serving our Lord Christ, but their own appetites. By smooth talk and flattery they deceive the minds of naive people. [19] Everyone has heard about your obedience, so I am full of joy over you; but I want you to be wise about what is good, and innocent about what is evil.<BR></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Father, you are a mighty God and nothing happens that you do not allow. Just as Job had to endure many trials and Jonah had to leap into the belly of a great fish, let this son of yours be comforted and spurred as You would lead him this day. Help him to bring captive his thoughts and to put Phil 4:8-9 in their place. Strengthen him and help to realize that he is an overcomer! IJN, Amen.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><B>1JN 5:1 Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves the father loves his child as well. [2] This is how we know that we love the children of God: by loving God and carrying out his commands. [3] This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome, [4] for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. [5] Who is it that overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>

L
L
Hi Lone Knight, ive been thru similar circumstances. My wife left almost 3 years ago, cause it was Gods will. Well she started shooting dope and i suppose that was Gods will too but it just goes to show ya who she was really listening too and it wasnt God. I found very little support among family and friends along the way. Left my church cause most dont believe nothing is too great for the Lord any more. I did end up in a looney farm for a few days-lol. My wife is in one now, cause it turns out she has severe manic depression. Well to make a long story short, i prayed and prayed for the last 3 years and things only got worse and people around me thought i was crazy to believe God could or would restore our marriage and family. (2 kids) It is always Gods will to restore a marriage and if any one tells ya otherwise its not from Gods word. You need only look to Gods word for answers. Oh sure we have our rights to divorce for unfaithfullness, but Jesus did say it is better to forgive. I choose to live by 1 corinthians 13 and love unconditionally. To make a long story short, God is starting to put my marriage back together and ive been seeing my wife again and we are acually in love with each other again and moving towards the restoration of our marriage. You have to learn along the way to trust in God and not base what He is doing by what you see. I know how hard that is and sometimes it seems impossible, but God does His best work when things look impossible. Remeber , nothing is too great for the Lord and if you dont give up and wait on God and His slow slow time, He will restore your marriage and change your wifes heart. I choose to take my marriage vows seriously and to not give up until God heals. Ive been thru hell. I gave up a few times along the way, but God always somehow brought me back with renewed strenth and for today my marriage and relationship with my wife is healing in big ways. I will pray that God gives you the strenth to make it thru this trial of your life. Mark

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 822 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation