Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
I have been posting in the divoring room. But I am asking for prayers for my wife.<P>My wife's name is Nicole. She is 28 and a recovering (I hope so, of 6 years) alcoholic who suffered great emotional, physical, and sexual abuse as a child. She has never dealt with it, and as a result it ended up tearing our marriage apart. She used to practice self mutilation by cutting her arms and legs. I am the one who got her to stop drinking and cutting. We lived together 4 years, and would have been married for three this coming october.<P>There is no hope for us to get back together.She will not go to counseling and will not even talk to me anymore. She is cutting herself off from the little bit of family she does have, and all her friends. She is living with the OM and demanded that I file for divorce, which, after many tears, have done.<P>I still love her, though I know that for me, the best thing emotionally is to let go of her. In her eyes I have become the enemy, the same as her abusing father and mother, for whatever reason in her head.<P>Nic is very sick. She has been writing journals of a fantasy affair with a man much older than her for the past 7 years we have been together. These journals are graphic in nature, despite the fact that she couldn't talk about sex with me, let alone have it. Now she is actively having sex with the OM, and I think it is a symptom of self abuse since she does not love this man, and has admitted as much. He too is much older than she is, older than me too. I think she is still looking for Daddy. There are also many other very paranoid entries, and letters to her parents asking why she was so unloved. IT BREAKS MY HEART. I tried to show her what love could do, but I could never quite get through to her. <P>As she has cut me out, I can no longer help her. But I know God can and I believe in the power of prayers. PLEASE PLEASE pray for her...........that she will be ok, that she will seek the help she needs and can find some peace in her life. I so much want that for her, but only she can do it for herself. No one can "rescue" her.<P>Her name is Nicole Alexander. Thank you all.<P>Her loving husband<BR>Ben

A
A
On the list, brother.<P>May the Lord Bless You and Keep You,<BR>John

OP Offline
Thank you

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 188 guests, and 64 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Comfortable Shoe, Sourdine, Abela Laye, Ardent Center, Lost@1969
71,846 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation