this devotional meant a lot to me today, especially the last paragraph, as it spoke right to my heart. Ok God I will do as you say. I just wanted to share it with you all.<P><BR><B>TRYING TO CONTROL OTHERS</B><P><B>Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding (Proverbs 3:5).</B><P>"When a person's self-worth or success hinges on the achievement of a goal which can be blocked or which is uncertain or<BR>impossible, how will he respond to those who frustrate his goals? Often he will attempt to control or manipulate the people or<BR>circumstances who stand between him and his success.<P>For example, a pastor's goal is to have the finest youth ministry in the community. But one of his board members blocks his goal by<BR>insisting that a music ministry is more important. Every attempt by the pastor to hire a youth pastor is vetoed by the influential board member who wants to hire a music director first. The pastor wrongly perceives that his sense of worth and success in ministry is on the line. So he shifts into a power mode to push the stumbling block out of the way. He looks for a way to change the opposition's mind or remove him from the board because he believes that his success in ministry is dependent on reaching his goal of a great youth ministry.<P>A mother believes that her self-worth is dependent on her children behaving in a certain way. Her goal is to raise perfect<BR>little Christians who will become pastors or missionaries. But as the children reach their teen years and begin to express their<BR>independence, their behavior doesn't always match their mother's ideal. So instead of helping them grow through adolescence and<BR>releasing them into adulthood, she tries to control them.<P>It is not hard to understand why people try to control others. They believe that their worth is dependent on other people and<BR>circumstances. This is a false belief as evidenced by the fact that the most insecure people you will ever meet are manipulators<BR>and controllers of others. But people who are secure in their identity in Christ don't need to control others. Their goal is to<BR>be the leader, spouse, parent or employee that God wants them to be because nothing can keep them from being what God wants them to be but themselves.<P>Lord, I affirm that my worth is based on my relationship with You and that I am free to become the person You want me to be."<P>by Neil Anderson<P>Thank You dear Lord for showing me yet another log I need to get out of my eye. <BR>============================================<BR>And here's a great devotional from Charlyne Cares:<P><B>A PRAYER FOR YOUR SPOUSE AND FAMILY </B><P>I believe in the power of prayer and claimed scriptures for Bob and our family during my stand. I pray that each of you will start and continue to pray scripture daily with your loved ones names in them. <BR><B><I>There is power in the Word of God. God's Word will not return void. </B></I><BR>We need to confess with our mouth the Word of God. Jesus defeated satan by saying, "It is written." May this prayer give you some <BR>guidance for how you can pray scriptures into prayers. A P.S. to this devotional is that I still pray scriptures. I pray scriptures with many different people's names in them. I often claim and confess<BR>while praying for the great Physician to touch and heal bodies, minds and emotions. God can do anything. There is power in prayer and in the Word of God. Try it!<P>Our Father, hallowed be Your name. It is good to praise the Lord and make music to Your name, O Most High, to proclaim Your love in the morning and Your faithfulness at night. Lord, I cry to You for help, O Lord; in the morning my prayer comes before You. Teach (NAMES) Your way, O Lord, and we will walk in Your truth; give us an undivided heart, that we may fear Your name. We will praise You, O Lord our God, with all our hearts; we will glorify Your name forever.<BR>For great is Your love toward us; You have delivered (NAMES) from the depths of the grave. No weapon forged against (NAMES) will prevail.<BR>Lord, we know that You are the Lord; those who hope in You will not be disappointed. Lord, let (NAMES) forsake their ways and their thoughts as we know there is no peace for the wicked. Let (NAMES) turn to You Lord, and have mercy on them, for You will freely pardon.<BR>Lord, You said captives will be taken from warriors, and our children You will save. Lead out (NAMES) who have eyes but are blind, who have ears but are deaf. Lead out (NAMES) who You say to the captives, "Come out," and to those in darkness, "Be free!" They will come from afar--Some will come from the north and some from the west. Thank you Lord that Your Word that goes out from Your mouth: It will not return to You empty, but will accomplish what You desire<BR>and achieve the purpose for which You sent it. Thank You Lord, that all mankind will know that You are our Savior, our Redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob. Every day I will praise You and extol Your name for ever and ever. Amen. <P>Scriptures taken from: Matthew 6:9b, Psalm 92:1-2, Psalm 88:13, Isaiah 54:17a, Isaiah 55:7, Isaiah 48:22, Isaiah 49:23b, 25, 9, <BR>Isaiah 43:8, Isaiah 49:12, Isaiah 55:11, Isaiah 49:26a.<BR>God Bless,<BR>Charlyne Steinkamp<BR>Rejoice Marriage Ministries<BR>PO Box 11242<BR>Pompano Beach, FL 33061 <A HREF="http://www.rejoiceministries.org/" TARGET=_blank>http://www.rejoiceministries.org/</A> <P><p>[This message has been edited by Alcoholic's Wife (edited August 10, 2000).]