Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#337327 09/08/00 03:42 PM
R
ranman Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Please pray for my marriage. I have been married for eleven years and we have two wondeful children. My live is falling apart all around me, as my wife tells me that she is not happy anymore. Please pray for encouragement for the both of us... I know that with Gods help, this could be a new beginning and not the end. I work with computers for a living and always have. In order to get my wife more involved with my computer activities, I started teaching her how to use the computer and the Internet. Boy did this ever backfire on me. For the last year she spends more time online than she does with her own family. She is a stay home mom and spends every spare minute online. Whenever I bring up the subject, she gets upset and denies that there is even a problem. She use to work hard to have spare time to spend with the children and myself, but not anymore. As far as I can tell there is no cybersexual relationship involved. She is big into chat rooms, message boards, and online multi player games. My marriage is a wreck and she denies that this has anything to do with it… ARG! I don't know where to start……. I understand that this might be the sysmtom of a deeper problem, but heck I can't get her away from the internet long enough to discuss them. Please pray for the both of us.<P>Thank you & God Bless,<BR>Ran

#337328 09/08/00 05:14 PM
T
T
My prayers are with you. Power of prayer does work.

#337329 09/10/00 06:32 PM
R
ranman Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Hey Tigger,<P>Thank you for your prayers. I feel that I need a miracle from God, and soon. I just came across an anniversary card that my wife had given to me on our seventh anniversary. She signed it "I love you more than anything!!", now tell me how can that love just die. She now tells me that she loves me, but is not in love with me. This is so hard to handle, she shows me NO signs of affection and when I go to hug or kiss her she just turns away. Oh well, I know we each have our own problems and I do not want to burden anyone with mine. We are still living under the same roof, and going to a Christian counselor. All things are possible through Jesus Christ.<P>My Daily Prayer <A HREF="http://www.cyber-1.com/donna" TARGET=_blank>http://www.cyber-1.com/donna</A> <BR>Thank you for the prayers,<BR>RanMan<BR><p>[This message has been edited by ranman (edited September 10, 2000).]

#337330 09/11/00 09:45 AM
T
T
Counceling is a good thing. Hopefully she will see the light. God does not like divorce. My prayers are with you. Thanks for you prayers. They do help.

#337331 09/11/00 10:29 AM
W
W
Hi, Ranman.<P>It might be a good idea to use the Policy of Joint Agreement regarding your wife's use of the Internet. Harley outlines it very nicely on this website somewhere. The key is that *both* you and your wife have to be enthusiastic about the final agreement.<P>If your wife is not familiar with Harley's principles, tread lightly. She may think this is just a new way of you getting your way. It's not - by definition, you *both* have to love the final agreement. Otherwise, you're not done negotiating!<P>Remember - no selfish demands or disrespectful judgements. Listen carefully to what she is saying, and repeat it back to her until you get it right. Then carefully let her know your concerns. My guess is that it probably has something to do with unmet needs you have (Family committment? Domestic support? Conversation?) that she is not meeting because she is online. If she were adequately meeting those needs again, and giving you 15 hours a week of "date" time, then the extra time she spent online wouldn't even be an issue, would it?

#337332 09/11/00 11:35 AM
R
ranman Offline OP
OP Offline
R
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><B>My guess is that it probably has something to do with unmet needs</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I feel that she turned to the Internet because of needs that I was not meeting in her life. Now neither one of our needs are beeing met. I would love to start using the Joint Agreement policy, but I feel it is too soon. She already feels that I want to take away everthing she enjoys, and that is not so. I just want to be second in her life, right after God.<P>Thanx,<BR>Ran

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 649 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation