Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
B
OP Offline
B
Please don't apologize Tearful, you aren't out of turn at all. You are simply giving me your opinion. I happen to agree 100% with it! You are right on all accounts. I do feel a special burden, though, for the children. If they don't "get it" from me, where will they? Their mother and father are a lot alike. Both hot heads. Could be why the marriage didn't work. Just kidding! Anyway, I feel a special need to be better than good, so that the children will see how other people behave. My youngest found a ring at school and just kept it. When I told her she had to turn it in to the principal so that they could find out who had lost it, she said her mother told her she could keep it. I checked, and her mother did tell her that, so I told her that she had to leave it at her mom's house and could not wear it when she was with me or at our house. She doesn't understand why. She said that she didn't steal it. I realize she didn't, but isn't keeping something you know isn't yours, kind of the same thing, unless you have done everything you can to try and find who it does belong to? I don't know, maybe I was wrong, but I told her I couldn't make her take it back if her mom and dad didn't think she should (my husband thought I was crazy too) but that I thought it was wrong to keep it so I didn't want her to wear it around me. I am digressing again. In fact, I have forgotten the whole point of this story. Anyway, I am glad things are good with you. Yeah, this whole school thing is just really scary! I don't know what kind of world it is! Yes, I do. It looks like we finally have another person posting! Hello, Computergal. Welcome to our website. Sometimes, that's what it feels like, thirty some odd postings, and you are the first other than myself and Tearful to reply to anything! Sometimes I forget that this is not personal e-mail. I agree whole hearedly! God does everything in his own time, and that is always at exactly the right time! Tearful, I am going to sign off now, but you, as always, will be in my prayers. Have a good, restful weekend with your family and I will talk to you soon. Computergal, hello and anytime you have some sage words, you are welcome here. God bless you both!

T
T
Bridgeovertroubledwater, I agree, you were absolutely right in standing your ground and saying that you don't accept her decision to keep the ring by not letting her wear it in your house. It is wrong to keep something that does not belong to you and you should not feel isolated with your opinion amongst your husband and his ex. Actually, many times when my children have found money on the floor, even if it's loose change, I always tell them to check around to see who's it is. What if someone lost their last quarter and they needed it to make a phone call to get home? My youngest one obviously is too young to understand the concept, but the other two get it. Just today when we were leaving church, we were walking to the choir room to get my oldest daughter (she's in children's choir) and on the way there we passed a raffle ticket sale (outside the church) and my other daughter found a dime. Right away she asked me if she could keep it and I said, "You know, it might have fell out of the change box for the raffle tickets, so ask the lady first." She went and asked and the lady said that she had only collected dollar bills for the raffle and told her to keep it. My daughter was excited when she first picked up the dime, but her face lit up when the lady said it wasn't hers and thanked her for being honest. There's been many times when they've done this and if it doesn't start with the parents then, yes, where do they learn it from? One day it won't be a dime, it will be a ring, and one day it won't be a ring, it will be wallet full of money, and the next it's a car. It's the devil's clever way of fooling us into thinking we're not stealing.<P>I do understand your frustration more clearly now. But, gosh, God must have a slew of angels surrounding you, you know? Cause you are the ONLY ONE there for these kids in a guiding way. Not to put down your husband or his ex, but their backrounds can't support a good upbringing and you have to be strong enough to be a supportive role model to the kids AND to them. You have your work cut out, but I can say one thing to encourage you... Even though I was raised with a religious backround I did a lot of things similar to 'keeping a ring' or such and felt there was nothing wrong with it. For example, I worked for this company that was very successful financially and I would take things, like pens and pads of paper that were lying around, thinking they'll never miss it. Then I took a stapler, and then one day I needed computer paper and I took a whole new packet... I had to sneak it out, because I thought maybe someone might say something even though everyone else took things once in a while. I thought about copying some software one day, but then I realized after that, that this was becoming a theft thing and I better quit it. ---How is this encouraging you say? I guess my point is that there was a day where I would have been right a long with your husband and his ex agreeing that she did nothing wrong and she should keep the ring if she found it... but also there came a day when I came to the realization that those kind of things are wrong. One of the harshest ways to find out is by wearing the other shoe (the person who lost the ring) and maybe that's what it takes to come to that realization. But look forward in that 'God always waits for the right time to do the right thing in the right way.' ---THANKS computergal, you completed my thought and my sentence!<P>Anyway, better go, talk to you soon...<P>

B
OP Offline
B
So sorry to be so long in getting back, but I have been so busy this week. I don't know, it just seems that everything happens at once. I know you understand! How are things with you? Pretty normal here. Thank you for your support. It is very much appreciated. I try to never do things so I will get a pat on the back, but sometimes it is nice when somebody says, "Good job!" Are things still calm in your life? It sounds like your whole situation is kind of resolving itself. Is this true? I certainly hope so. Of course, if it is, you realize that this is just the proverbial "calm before the storm." Whenever things settle down you can bet that something else is brewing! Just this crazy thing we call life, I guess. We were talking at lunch about this boy who has done the latest school shooting. I could not help but think that it could have been one of my kids, or someone near you. I remember you saying that an incident similar to the one I told you about at our schools here, happened at a school down the street from you. It is just so frightening. Let's both say a special prayer today for all these children who are just trying to survive to adulthood. It almost seems like a war zone, doesn't it? I just want so badly to do something to help make this world better. I was reading a poll in the paper that said that 80% of Christians did not know what Easter was a celebration of. It floored me. I just don't get it. There is so much going on in this world, I could talk forever about what I think could be done to make this place better. But I guess the best we little people can do is try to make our little corner of the world a better place and hope that others will take notice and do the same in their corners. As usual, I digress. It is a good thing I am not a lawyer! I have trouble staying focused! Well, I see it is time to get back to work. I am praying for your continued happiness and success in your homelife. Please keep me in mind in your prayers as well. You have truly become a good friend to me, I think. Kind of odd, considering I have no idea who you are. Of course, I don't think I need to. I have been allowed to see into you heart, and I think you are pretty special. God bless..

T
T
You never cease to amaze me with your touching words. It is kind of odd, yes, but in some sort of way, very natural. Our friendship has flourished out of God's will and I thank him for that. I feel that you are a very special person, too.<P>Surprising that you mentioned the "calm before the storm" because I keep getting an ancy feeling that something's going to happen. I hope not, but am holding onto my faith to get me through it. Things do seem fine for now and I've been involved with a lot of school activities with my daughters and still trying to potty train my son! He is quite a handful sometimes, but still during those quiet moments when I have time to think... those are the times I wonder and wonder until I finally have to slap myself out of the parynoia. I still wish I could tell you details, it's so hard to explain what's on my mind. But knowing you keep me in your prayers is enough for me.<P>My sister-in-law is going through a very hard time right now and I talked to her for about an hour yesterday. The whole time I understood what she said, but didn't know how to respond when finally it hit me... Something you once said to me. See, the problem is that my dad treats her very badly and he is a very prejudiced person, yet he goes to church and claims he's a Christian person. He's continuously made accusations about her and her family marrying into our family for money (not directly to her). She has this pre-conceived notion that he thinks she's lazy because she stays at home with both, her toddler son and infant son. It all came to a head during a conversation she had with his wife (I don't call her my stepmother because she just came into the picture about five years ago and is really not a 'stepmom' to me). Anyway, she flat out called my sister-in-law LAZY because she was sleeping in 'til 9am one morning. It turned into a pretty bad conversation and apparently my dad was listening on the other phone and is very irate with her. When my brother got home and she started to tell him what happened, he immediately called my dad's house to talk to them. He completely defended her and showed that he was displeased with the way they treat her. But when he got off the phone and talked to my sister-in-law he kind of insisted that she should just apologize to my dad just to make nice.<P>That was actually her main problem, my brother's reaction just really disheartened her. She kept telling me things he'd said in the past to prove that my brother also thinks she's lazy. I know my brother can be a lot like my dad, but I know he truly loves her. She, also is a very special person and one of my closest friends. I didn't know what to say to her because she had her mind made up that my brother is in a sense betraying her with his thoughts. She said that she just wanted to kill herself and her sons so that she wouldn't feel trapped anymore. I tried to tell her that my dad and his wife have no power over you and to forget about it, butit seemed like everything I was saying was non-relevant. <P>I mentioned that I felt the same way the times when my husband doesn't defend me. Like that time I was baby-sitting for this crazy woman and ended up telling her I couldn't do it anymore... Well, I also backed out of watching my own sister's kids when I thought I was having a miscarriage. Then one day, a neighbor asked me if I would consider watching her two girls once in a while and when I told my husband, he said, "Oh no, we're not putting someone else through that." I was shocked when he said that because I always thought I had his full support when I stopped babysitting for both of them. It made me question everything. If he accidentally slipped and said that, what other bad thoughts does he have of me and is just not telling me? After I told her of the similar situation she felt a little better, but then it dawned on me that I had vented the same rhitoric with you and you gave me some good advice. You mentioned the verse in the Bible that said wives should submit to their husbands and husbands should cherish their wives as Jesus cherished the church. I told her to take pride in the fact that she is doing the right thing by staying home with her kids and doing every little chore to take care of her husband and that in the end it doesn't matter what everyone else thinks about you, it's what God KNOWS about you. He knows how hard you work and He knows you're not lazy.<P>By the time I was getting off of the phone with her, her spirits were lifted and she actually laughed a little and didn't seem so down anymore. A huge difference from when she was crying and threatening suicide and asking why she ever married him in the first place. She's not an unstable person at all, she's just very hurt and much like I was, she was questioning the very core of her marriage. She thanked me before she hung up and I'm passing her 'thank you' off to you, not to pat you on the back, but to let you know that you made a difference in someone's life. You once told me not to feel that I owe you for helping me and that it made you feel happy to know that you made a difference in someone's life. So, in this crazy world where children are shooting each other and themselves and we feel hopeless to do anything, know that it is possible. With God all things are possible...<P>You are still in my prayers. Talk to you soon...<P>

B
OP Offline
B
How absolutely true! Everything is possible. I know that. Sometimes I just need to remind myself. I am so sorry for your sister-in-law's pain. I am very thankful that you were able to be her beacon in the dark. That's what it all boils down to, being there for each other. I actually tried to commit suicide as a teenager (twice). I know the desperation that comes from believing the Devil's lies. I of course, did not succeed in my quest, however I did manage to do some permanent liver damage. Nothing major. I can honestly say now, I can't imagine wanting to not wake up. No matter how bad things get, as long as there is life, there is hope. Hope. It's a beautiful word. It speaks volumes with just four little letters. It will sustain you even in the darkest hours of despair. As long as there is hope, there is a future, and as long as there is a future, there is life to be lived. (I tend to get rather philosophical at this time of night. It is about 12:30 am where I am). My husband has long since gone to sleep, the children are at their mom's tonight and I am left to contemplate the intricacies of the world. Loosely translated, I can't sleep. Our church is doing a street ministry in one of the local towns. I am contemplating helping them next week when they go. That is a huge responsibility, and I am not sure I am prepared for all that.<BR>As you can tell, I have a thousand things running through my head right now. I can't help but feel that someone is in turmoil. Usually when I have an unsettled feeling, something has gone on in someone's life that has caused them stress. I know that sounds stupid. It even sounds stupid to me, but it seems to be true. It could be all these cats driving me nuts. I must tell you that I am an extreme softy when it comes to animals. We have nine cats, three dogs, four fish tanks, two outdoor ponds (I take credit for diggin them, not my husband!) two hermit crabs, and for a little while, we had a chicken we named Henrietta. We are not sure where the chicken came from as we live in the middle of the city, but we fed her until I found her a home. I think she is probably much happier on the farm! I am amazed at all living things, creatures, plants, I love it all. God's beauty and mystery never cease to amaze me. I was never so proud as when my youngest and I had gone walking at the nearby park. She looked down and there were a bunch of little ants running around after a morsel of food. She jumped over them and said, "I wouldn't want to step on them and kill them. God made them too." Now, I realize that may sound a little extreme, and I don't want you to think that I insist on the children hopping over ants when they play outside, but I thought it was very thoughtful and sweet on her part to make the acknowledgement that all life had value. Anyway, I am getting pretty far out into left field now. It is almost 1:00 and 5:30 am comes pretty early, so I will bid you adieu for the night. I hope to hear from you soon, and I will say a special prayer of patience and understanding for your sister-in-law. I will pray to that you and your husband contine to communicate and support each other. Please don't worry about when your husband says things like you mentioned earlier in your post. Men just do not articulate themselves as well as women. I think that sometimes we women read way too much into their statements too. From what little I know, I have the feeling that your husband counts his blessings in you. More to the point, you said it exactly right. What matters is what God thinks. If we live with that purpose in the front of our minds, everything else will fall into place. I always think back to Ephesians, which talks about putting on the armor of God. God never promised us that trials would not come, or that he would not allow the Devil to try and trip us up. I believe that sometimes God gives the Devil permission to try us. I believe he does this so that he might see how well we stand up. I also believe, that it is during this time that we do our greatest amount of character growth. It is when you have come out of the darkest night that the sun seems to shine the brightest. Our greatest trials build the greatest amount of character. This is God's gift to us. The light after the dark. Had we never faced the darkness, we could never have seen the light for it's true worth. O.K., I know, enough. I am getting out into left field now. I am also getting tired, so whatever turmoil was present in someone else's life, it must have subsided. I hope I have not rambled too much. Start your day off with a smile! Talk to you soon. God bless you!

T
T
Very eloquently put! I am going to write that one thing you said and put it on my refridgerator... "If we live with that purpose in our minds everything else will fall into place." That to me is the pinnacle of my faith, because too often I forget that God will take care of me when I have anxiety about something. That statement brings me so much strength and courage, especially since I have experienced God's love first hand. I need to be reminded constantly to live with God's purpose in the front of my mind and not stray from it.<P>You're absolutely right about men not being able to express themselves clearly sometimes and I do keep that in mimd for the most part. It just kind of hurts me when my husband blurts something out and then retracts it later, because it not only sounds dishonest, but it also makes me feel like he really thinks badly about me and just doesn't say anything. Kind of like when you over hear someone talking about you and you feel hurt, only this time it's your own husband, which is way worse. But as much as it may hurt me I feel like now I have more strength to take it on... I know that I have a responsibility to God to forgive him and move on 'for better or for worse' because that's what I promised in front of God and witnesses. And truly it is more attractive and productive to our marriage rather than me harping on it. I know now that if I let things go and continue to love him unconditionally, he will come to regret any bad thoughts he may have had and his love will grow deeper... easier said than done, but that's what I'm striving for. I know the Devil will continue to tempt me in my times of hurt and dispair, but I will now have my reminder of strength taped to my refidgerator... and maybe my bathroom mirror, and my closet door, my visor in my car, etc., etc.!!!! But mostly in my heart.<P>Somehow, I am not all surprised that you have so many pets, I kind of gathered that about you, from the loving, caring way that you are with your stepchildren. You are the kind of mom that I dreamed of when I was little and my mom died and my aunt left after many years of taking care of us. Even though I was 12, I still needed a mother. Well, hey I still need a mother today! But God has blessed me with so many mother-figures in my life that all those prayers of having a mother when I was little were really answered.<P>I think the idea of a steet ministry is excellent! I hope you will have the time and patience to endure it, I know that if you could it would work wonders for your community. Actually when we were talking before about the shootings it got me to thinking there's got to be a way to have a community center for teens and parents where they're actually forced to spend time together in a fun way, but in a non-costly way. I don't know, I was just thinking about what that preist said about parents spending time with their kids when they get home, and I know today so few kids have role-models. I don't know if you've ever read that book that Hillary Clinton wrote about how it takes a village to raise a kid, but I agree. I don't think it's just the parent's responsibility and I wish there was a way to uniform the rest of our community into thinking that way.<P>Since my daughters go to a Catholic school that is so small, there is only one class for each grade. They get so much attention and support by the teachers and staff (each teacher even has a teacher's aide). I've always thought it was a very warm and loving environment that they are in, but I had no idea how secure there world is in this school... I asked my older daughter if anyone's talked about not bringing guns to school and no bullying other kids, because I knew they talked about this at the public school she was at before we moved. She said no, that no one would ever bring something like that to school because everyone there is nice. At first, I was like ok, yeah, yeah, but is there anyone in your class that gets picked on? She didn't understand at first so I reminded her of this one boy in her class at ther old school that was constantly picked on. She said, "Oh no, we never do that at this school because this is Catholic school and our teacher said that we have to be nice to each other to set an example for others." I was kind of set back from these words coming from a seven-year old that's missing quite a few teeth and still has a babyish voice. I've noticed a difference in her at this school, too. She calls the parents Mr. or Mrs. so and so when she adresses them and it just seems like she's not only matured, but has learned a kind of respect. The teachers there get so little money but they don't mind, they are mostly wives of husbands who are fairly well off. It's like there not burnt out or anything, they just do it to do it, you know? Anyway, now I'm rambling... This does remind me that I do have one good thing in this town that seems so horrible to me! HIDDEN BLESSINGS!!!<P>In the midst of my tangent of thougts, I did want to wish you well with this street ministry with your church. I hope that it does well. I will pray for your mission and for you and your family. God bless...<P>

B
OP Offline
B
Hey! It seems like it has been forever since we last spoke. I think it would be great to have a class like your daughter's where they get so much individual attention. They really feel special that way, not just one of the class. I think it makes a big difference. I apologize for being so long in getting back to you, but the weekends just seem really hectic. I took the kids the the national park where we live. We have walking trails and picnic areas there. We just hung out there yesterday for a few hours. It was such a beautiful day. It was one of the few times when I was able to do something with all four of the kids and they weren't arguing amongst themselves over something! My husband played golf with his friend. He doesn't much like hanging with us, I don't think. We had a really nice time though. I can't wait for summer to get here. My oldest stepdaughter stays up an hour later than the other three children. They all go to bed at 9:00. After the others go to bed, she and I go walking when it's warm enough. It's just kind of our time to talk about stuff that is going on in her life. Being a sophmore in high school, there is quite a bit going on! I try really hard to act interested in who's boyfriend is stupid and what clothes so and so wore to the skating rink on Friday. Last night was our first time going out. It was a little chilly, but not bad. Next school year, my stepson starts high school, so he will get to stay up till 10:00. It will be a lot harder to get one on one time in then. I feel like time is just getting away from me. So much to do! Well, I have to go for now. I will check back later. What is going on in your corner of the world? Do you still have that unsettled feeling? Something is brewing, I have that same feeling. Talk to me when you get time. God bless and keep in touch!

T
T
Wow, you sounded like you had a wonderful weekend. The weather's terrible here, but my husband has to attend a conference in FL for a week and we're going to tag a long and make it a little vacation, so hopefully we'll get some sun then. We've had about 3 or 4 snow blizzards this winter and every time I think we've seen the last of it, there's more!<P>That's great that you set aside time for your oldest daughter that way. Sometimes I feel like I'm living vicariously through my eldest and so her news or gossip at school always interests me, even if it is inconsequential blibber blabber... I'm so immature, right? I think sometimes I'm growing up along side my kids! Actually, I know for a fact I am, hindsight is 20/20.<P>I do still have that unsettled feeling, but I can't figure it out because nothing's happened. Maybe it's the fact that I printed all this material from this website and all the steps of counseling that Steve outlined in this website, and my husband agreed to read through it and yet he hasn't. I told him I would read it with him and I never pressure him, but I feel like I'm going to nag him if I ask him again. I mean we're getting along fine and all right now and we're being careful of you know who but she hasn't done anything recently. But I just always said to him that it's going to take a lot more than talking, tears, and getting everything out in the open because along the way of sweeping everything under the rug I think there were a lot of rules we broke and boundaries we crossed with in our marriage and those things need to be repaired. There were times that I was so mad at him that I would blatently yell at him very disrespectfully and just ignore him and try to make him feel as worthless as he was making me feel. I knew it was wrong when I was doing it, but I was mad and hurt. Now I feel like in some ways even though things are better, he remembers how awful I was to him and we see each other in a different light.<P>I know nothing will ever bring our relationship back to being like when we first got married and all, change is good... I just want to change for the better. We had talked about doing the Marriage Builders outline as a Lenten sacrifice because I know it is a chore to make time to read it. But it seems like he just totally forgot about it. Every once in a while I notice that he is trying harder to understand what bothers me and as nice as it is of him, it irritates me that it's taking him this long to appreciate me. Like he's been that veing for the last few years that he couldn't notice his wife? I'm reading into his behavior, I know. I need to accept the good things. I just feel exhausted and consumed of the fact that there seems to be no end, you know?<P>The other day my sister-in-law called and I was putting the kids to bed and I had to read them their Bible stories (my oldest daughter's Lenten sacrifice is that she finish the entire book in the 40 days of Lent) and so he talked to her for a while. While I was reading I could hear him talk to her and apparently she asked something about 'how's work going?' and he started talking about his assistant and it was nothing I hadn't heard before, but every couple of minutes or so I could hear him whispering, he wouldn't talk clearly and he had this excitement sound to his voice. It was bothering me a little because I didn't understand why he had to whisper. I ended up going upstairs with the kids since he seemed like he needed privacy. After I put the girls in bed, I layed down with my son for a few minutes so that he would settle down, but I ended up falling asleep on his bed. When I woke up, I was so tired I just did the Bible reading and said prayers with my husband and brushed my teeth and went to bed. I woke up in the middle of the night (close to morning, actually) because I was having a bad dream. I dreamt that my husband came home from work and said he had to go back because he forgot to get some stuff and as he was leaving he started stuttering and saying something like, "Uh, I might have to call you later if I can't come home.. or-r-r, maybe I'll just stay at her house." I couldn't think of who 'she' was, but in my dream it was not his assistant. It was someone else and I got the impression that he was just quietly trying to leave and be with her without upsetting me. I kept saying, "That's fine, that's just fine with me, go ahead," even though I was obviously hurt.<P>When I woke up and saw him snoring away I was relieved and hugged him, but I started thinking about the dream and how vivid it was. When he asked what the dream was about, I told him and then I remembered the one-sided conversation I was hearing with my sister-in-law before I fell asleep and I kept thinking about WHY he had to whisper. In my mind I thought maybe he's just trying to justify himself to her or defend him self to her since he knows I confide in her because I remember him saying once that he bets my family thinks he's a real jerk now. I told him that no one in my family knows anything except for her and she wouldn't tell anyone.<P>Later, I mentioned to him that I think that his need to whisper on the phone is another stepping stone to ruining our marriage. I know that's a little harsh, but I guess it bothered me more than I thought. He said that the whole reason why he was whispering was because every time he says something wrong it ticks me off and then we land ourselves in an argument. At first I was confused because we haven't argued for over a month. But I just believed his reason and I said the whole reason that I get ticked off and upset with you in the first place is because you do things to break my trust and security in this relationship. The first few days of work he told me how this same assistant said his picture in the newspaper looked awful and he was stuttering when he said it but I was too busy to think anything of it. I just said, "That wasn't nice, why'd she say that?" Later I found out after all my suspicions that what she really said was, "Oh, that picture in the paper didn't do you any justice at all, you are sooo handsome." He said he didn't want to tell me in the first place because he thought it would bother me. --So he constantly keeps things from me for 'my good' and feels that he is being honest with me?<P>That is what started the whole mistrust in the first place. We never kept things from each other before, we were each other's confidant and by continuing to do this and 'walk on eggshells' around me is only provoking more mistrust in me (not to mention bad dreams) and it's not mending our relationship at all. If anything it's encouraging me not to confide him and vice versa. And we haven't argued in so long and I haven't done anything to make him think he needed to 'walk on eggshells' around me so it makes me just more insecure.<P>I guess all of the above in a nutshell is what I mean by we need to go through with this Marriage Builder's outline or even real counseling, because everything stems from these last few months. When my insecurities are provoked in the slightest way, it's almost like a snowball effect, it just grows and grows and makes me feel awful.<P>Anyway, I talked a lot longer than I expected to and I didn't want to sound whiny again, but that's me, can't change no matter how hard I try!<P>I'll talk to you soon...

B
OP Offline
B
Hello, my friend. How are things with you? Not much going on in my life right now, just had you on my mind and thought I would check in. I have been reading some of the other postings, and it bothers me so much that there are so many unhappy people in the world. It just seems that everyday life should not be so hard. It really puts things into perspective though. I am truly blessed! Thank you Lord for the many blessings you have bestowed upon me, including my new friend. I would like to know how your sister-in-law is. I was thinking about her too. I hope everyone in your family is healthy and happy. Let me know how things are going. Talk to you soon God bless you and yours!

T
T
Hi, just got back from a nice week away. Just wanted to say hi and hope all's well with you.

B
OP Offline
B
Tearful,<BR>I have been so worried. I feel silly now. I am very glad that you had a chance to get away. We all need those escapes from time to time. I am very excited. Tomorrow night one of my friends and myself are going to a christian concert. It's a band called Third Day, if you have ever heard of them. They are really great. It's just a girl's day out and I can't tell you how excited I am. It's nice, like you said, to just get away from it all. Well, I am at work, but something told me to check the postings, and I am glad I did. Nice to know everything is o.k. Talk to you soon...

T
T
I'm sorry, I thought for sure I said something about going away for a little while. I didn't have access to a computer while I was away and I was itching to write to you, but it was probably for the best that I focused all my energy on the kids and my husband. I didn't even talk to any friends or family for 14 days. I'm glad to be back, though and my husband and I are doing so much better. This time away was really good for us. You need a well-deserved break, too. That concert sounds fun. Good to hear from you.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 612 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation