Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#338090 03/20/01 03:58 PM
R
rick 21 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
How can a women be so loving,compassionate,supportive and have such strong family values leave after 21 years married and turn so bitter and angry? My wife says she is not bitter just doesnt want to try anymore in our marraige. We had problems as in any marraige and I might have been niave in not knowing how alone and hurt she was. Since she left 17 months ago i have prayed to God to soften her heart and put forgiveness and the love she once had back in her. I just dont understand why she acts as though I dont even exsist. God is helping me not to look at my circumstances and I pray everyday for his will to be done in both myself and my wife. Please add our marraige to your daily prayers and thank you all in advance for any encouragment and prayers

#338091 03/20/01 04:12 PM
G
G
Rick,<P>Why? Because the evil one comes to kill steal and destory.<BR>Satans wants a house divided. Satan has taken your wife prisoner. You must stand in the gap with Jesus<P>If you haven't been to this web site please go and read the testimonies. God really spoke to me through this site.WWW.restorem.org<P>You are already on my prayer list.<BR>gentle

#338092 03/22/01 10:29 AM
J
J
Not knowing your background. Here could be a few reasons: Has she been the primary caregiver of the children, running the household, buying the groceries, cooking, etc, etc? Does she do all this plus work outside the home? Even though my H was WS, it could have been the resentments I held in for so many years rubbed off on him. I really at times felt taken for granted, etc. In our healing process he has admitted he put "it all on me" and has tried to make up for it. When I was having all these feelings, if someone had come along and punched all the right buttons it could have been me as the WS. Midlife does things to women as well. We are in the process of losing our good looks that go with youth, our bodies are changing, etc, etc, etc. Hard to explain.

#338093 06/20/01 04:01 PM
D
D
I don't know your circumstances really, but maybe she's been quiet for so long and let so much resentment build up inside that she's finally throwing in the towel. Why does anyone give up? I don't know that either. My prayers are with you.

#338094 06/20/01 08:45 PM
E
E
Please know that your wife is not your enemy. satan is. He comes to rob, steal and to kill. God is bigger than your circumstances. Our God specializes in things that are difficult. Your wife has been trappen by the devil. I pray that God will remove the scales from her eyes.<P>You need to let go and let God. God cannot restore your marriage if you get in His way. He needs no help from us. Use this time to draw closer to God. Ask the Lord to change you. <P>The Lord will give you the desires of your heart. Our God wants your marriage restored more than you do. Only believe. It will happen. God will get the glory. You cannot restore your marriage, only God can.<P>If you need more encouragement and prayer visit this website: <A HREF="http://www.marriagerestorationministries.com" TARGET=_blank>www.marriagerestorationministries.com</A> <BR>email: marriagerestoration@msn.com - After you have visited this website, you will not want to give up. <P>Stand still and see the Lord work for you. Our God is very faithful. <P>I know and believe your marriage will be restored. Trust God, He will do it for you. If you give up, God will not get the glory, satan will. Please do not put God to shame by giving up. Wait on the Lord, He will come through for you.<P>I will keep you in my prayers.

#338095 06/29/01 02:55 AM
C
C
I agree totally with you<P>I used to be running the house for 17 years on my own coping with hardly any money high bills lots of housework, teaching from early morning till late at night and the victim of an abusive jealous and rude mother in law phoning my ex with terrible things to say about me rejecting our children work pressures on him which would turn on me because the anger and tiredness and the abuse was too unbearable for him, so I would get it if I just made a move in the wrong direction and was basically overworked, told I was overweight 65kg and I should lose that tummy, told I was so slow, cheated on by and so on <P>Us women are not machines, and when we break sometimes we retire and are burntout<P>That is how I was and still partially am<P>Recovering slowly<P>We are only humans Not slaves able to cope with unbearable pressure

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 676 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation