Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
OP Offline
R
Please pray for the healing of my marrigage. I am totally in love with my wife and (step) Daughter, they are the only true family I have ever known. But do to my arrigance and failure to deal with my feelings , my lieing and verbal abuse has led to a seperation with a court order of protection. I have and continue to adderess my problems. But being away from the ones you love is so very hard. But I am following the order and making no contatc giving her the time she needs. I pray daily for the restoration of our marriage and continue to keep the focus on me and woirk to improve myself. I do now know what it is like to homeless. This hurts more than anyting I have ever been thru.

B
B
Dear Father in Heaven, please guide this man with your gentle touch. Bless his heart and give him the strength to triumph in his situation. Lead his wife to an understanding of his sincere desire to salvage the marriage that you brought together. Fill his heart with strength and peace and give him the wisdom to know what it is that you have called him to do. When he is weak, Lord, make him strong. For it is with you that all things are possible. It is not your will that any marriage should fail, so show him the way. When he cries to you Lord, have mercy on him and grant him peace. For it is your name, Father, that I ask this. Amen.

G
G
Ridensober,<P>You are in my prayers. I know your pain all to well. Just remember that sometimes God allows these things to happen in order to give us the gift of time to draw closer to Him. <BR>Your pain will bring changes in you as long as you seek the <BR>Lord. Did you ever try the site I suggested. God really spoke to me there. If not please try. I will be praying for your marriage. <A HREF="http://www.restorem.org" TARGET=_blank>www.restorem.org</A> <P>In Him,<BR>gentle

A
A
RidenSober, does your username mean you stopped drinking? If so, that is GREAT! Being married to an alcoholic is a heartbreaking life for the one who doesn't drink. I truly believe that if it wasn't for the Lord's protection, I would be in a rest home or dead. All because of alcoholism. <P>Our God is the god of miracles; I believe He wants to work a miracle in your life and marriage. Stay on your knees in prayer to Him. <B>The Lord</B> heals broken marriages..... He will take what Satan intended for evil and destruction and turn it around for His glory! <P>Father, thank You for being the master of all miracles. Lord, I praise Your name and glorify You. Just the sound of your name brings peace to my soul, and I thank You Lord, for all You do and are. Father I thank You for bringing RidingSober into light, for revealing the Truth to him. Thank You Lord for drawing him ever so close to You, comforting him, bringing him peace. Lord, I believe that NOTHING is impossible for You, including putting this marriage back together, stronger than ever, with You in the center. Lord your Word says a cord of three strands is not easily broken. Father, cause RidenSober, his wife, and You to be a cord of three strands. Lord, I pray that You will equip RidenSober with all the armor of God to fend off the attacks of the enemy. Thank You Lord that You have delivered RidenSober from the grip of the devourer. Lord, I pray that You will soften RidenSober's wife's heart, and draw her unto You. Heal this marriage Lord, I pray. In the name of Jesus Christ our Savior I pray, AMEN.

D
D
I will pray that you are able to overcome your problems and get your life straigtened out. Hang in there for the ones you love.

E
E
Ridensober - I pray that our Mighty Awesome God will restore your marriage. The Lord will give you the desires of your heart. Our God is bigger than any marriage problem. Trust God for full restoration of your marriage. I will believe with you. No weapon formed against you will prosper. Use this time to draw closer to God. The Lord wants your marriage restored more than you do. You only need to ask and believe.<P>Have you ever visited this site -www.marriagerestorationministries.com <BR>email: marriagerestoration@msn.com<P>If you visit this site you will not regret it. They are never too busy to speak to you and to encourage you. Try it and tell me what you think.<P>I would have given up already were it not for the encouragements and prayers I receive through this site.<P>God Bless

C
C
My dear friend<P>God loves you<P>You were created in the image of Him<P>Remember that and try to put the <BR>bad image of yourself away<P>Pray the Lord's prayer daily if you can<P>Log into <A HREF="http://www.prayertoweronline.org" TARGET=_blank>www.prayertoweronline.org</A> <P>Try to do lovely things like walking in the park<BR>Fishing, Watching children play at a playground<BR>and imagine a new life with your wife and children<P>Make a list of resoloutions<P>Things you are not going to do anymore that you used to<BR>do and put in red pen in capitals what you are deciding<BR>to do in it's place<P>Read proverbs and log in to <A HREF="http://www.thebible.com" TARGET=_blank>www.thebible.com</A> regularly and read and memorize the proverbs as much as you can<P>Remember God loves you and will change your life<P>Read <A HREF="http://www.oralroberts.org" TARGET=_blank>www.oralroberts.org</A> also <P>And forgive yourself<P>Try not to think too much on the past but<BR>think of good and bright thoughts and <BR>create in your mind new thoughts of your <BR>wife and child and get rid of the bad<BR>opinions you have formed about them leading<BR>you to sin against them with your mouth which<BR>has led you into sin and separated you from them<P>Develop yourself a new image and remember you<BR>cannot change the past but can do a whole lot<BR>in the future<P>Stay away from any alcohol<P>It is a love killer<P>Do not go near bars<P>Get into a Christian bible study group<P>When your wife sees you again perhaps<BR>by then she will see a new you<P>Only Christ can help you there<P>But you need human beings around you that worship him<P>Find a church a reliable pastor and a support group<BR>within the church<P>Good luck and best wishes for the new you<P>Carol<BR>

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 731 guests, and 60 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation