Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
teddy Offline OP
OP Offline
T
i had a relapse of the neediness bug yesterday, you know crying and pouting and begging. i am so mad at me. h was over and spent the afternoon, i should have been happy and said good-by with a smile like always.<P>i asked him if we could start the day over again. he called later and invited me to his place to spend the night. i chose this time to tell him about my 15 yr old a. he was sweet and told me it was water under the bridge and i only had to forgive myself. isn't God good.<P>he also said that last month he decided to come home because it was the right thing to do - but he did not because the thought of it made him depressed- because he would have to give up the dream of being in love again. ouch. withdrawal is one thing, but how do i compete with a dream? help.<P>he has an obligation with our son on saturday and said he would stay over and go to church with us. i should be thrilled. i don't believe in plan b - i just need a prayer recharge from you guys. thanks, teddy<P>ps i heard something the other day that inspired me. you all know we are supposed to rejoice and praise God for our trials and trust Him. but on the other hand we should also rejoice because he has trusted US to come through these trials (because he has allowed them). kind of like Job. thank you God for trusting me with this affliction so that i may come through it and others may come to you because of my victory. <P>[This message has been edited by teddy (edited April 18, 2001).]<p>[This message has been edited by teddy (edited April 18, 2001).]

G
G
Teddy,<P>That your recovered from your mistake so quickly shoows that the Holy Spirit is working in you. Prasie God!<P>Don't worry about the in love part, God is in charge of the heart.God will not allow him to stay in dream land(Satan's pit of lies) as long as you keep seeking Him, praying, and having faith that God's hand is on all of this. <P>I would jump for joy if my husband would even begin to say he was thinking about coming home.So many good things are happening for you and Satan is trying to steal it all from you. Don't let the evil one have anything else. Remember God also allows Satan to tempt us to test our faith. <P>Just like Job God allows things to happen to bring us and other around us closier to Him.<P>You are doing great, just keep your eyes on Him.<BR>gentle

F
F
Hi, Teddy.<P>Lord, I pray that You will continue the miracles. Thank You for the difficult lessons learned and the strength gained so far for Teddy and H.<P>Please let his love toward her bloom and blossom and grow with a sweet new fragrance and an everlasting quality...we know You can renew love. We praise You for nothing is too difficult for You.<P>Forgiveness is such an awesome gift you designed..You extend it to us, we to others, others to us and the challenge but success is that we also can forgive ourselves.<P>Thank You, the LORD of the universe, for wanting to help us..Your mercy is boundless and it is beyond words to describe Your worth, Your wisdom, Who You are in Heaven and what You mean to us...thank You for hope.<P>Bless Teddy tonight and always just as You plan and desire.<BR>amen!

T
T
Teddy,<BR>WOW !! Praise God. Have you asked H what that love would be like for him? Ask him to describe what that Love means to him. Write it down and then go to the Word of God (later on) and see I Cor. 13, Eph. 5, and I Pt. 3, and other verses that you may know. I would make sure it is in line with God's Word and then spend time in John 15. If we abide in Him and His word abides in us, we can ask for anything and he will give it to us. It IS His will that you live in a loving relationship with your H. This glorifies God. <BR>God will answer your prayers AS YOU SEEK HIM. Often, it is US who God is trying to change. We are like magnets. When we change, the other person is attracted to us again. God is in control (hopefully you've given Him control). He wants to be the one who gets the credit and until you allow him to have that position, you will have the same old stuff instead of God's new stuff in your life. <BR>Ok, I've given my sermon for today!!! Teddy, GO FOR IT ! God is giving you victory this day. Claim the battle for the Lord, march into the city and claim it for God. Shout for joy. Love H like it's the last day on earth, totally unselfishly. Watch the hand of God move.... Ted ><>

J
J
I think it is wonderful he is progressing towards home. Rejoice in the time that he wants to be there. Our reconciliation took nearly a year of progression. Remember the term "baby steps" and try to be patient. Praise God! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

T
T
You are in my prayers tonight in a special way.<BR> <BR>Lord, please allow all of us to experience Your holy love with our spouses. Let our trials bear great fruit as Your crucifixion did. Purify our hearts so that what we ask for is to do Your will. Strengthen us through Your Most Holy Spirit so we accomplish Your plan for us.<P>Thank you Lord for the fruits of these trials and for the wonderful help we are getting from our friends here who lift us up to You. Lift Teddy up today and allow her to feel Your joy. Amen.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 441 guests, and 58 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation