Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#338776 05/24/01 12:58 AM
V
vincent Offline OP
OP Offline
V
What has been written on the BB makes my stomach turn. Is there anyway someone can stop them?

#338777 05/23/01 01:56 PM
J
J
I agree. This is a PRAYER REQUEST board. It is understandable that people are hurting, but this is an inappropriate forum for some of the messages being posted here!

#338778 05/23/01 02:48 PM
G
G
I requested a prayer, and people seemed more interested in responding to the trolls... I am serious in my despair. Maybe it doesn't matter...<P>BTW, it turns my stomach too...

#338779 05/23/01 04:13 PM
O
O
Sorry I was late.<P>Steve has addressed the post and posters who are causing such distress.<P>Thank you for your patience!<P>OneGoing<BR>-----------------------------------<BR>Moderator of the Prayer Request Forum

#338780 05/23/01 07:52 PM
F
F
I feel so embarrassed for asking the responding person why they acted that way. I should have been able to surmise things but it was late for me timewise.<P>Thank you for protecting the rest of us.<P>gcan, sorry that these people distracted other from remembering your prayer request. I will search for it and promise to pray for you.<P>------------------<BR>Fresh Start

#338781 05/24/01 09:12 AM
V
vincent Offline OP
OP Offline
V
THANK YOU ALL FOR SUPPORTING ME ON THIS ISSUE. I WAS SO UPSET, CHRIST IS THE CENTER OF MY LIFE, AND FOR PEOPLE TO TALK THAT WAY SENT ME OVER THE EDGE. I FEEL SO BADLY FOR THOSE THAT DO NOT KNOW CHRIST. THEY DO NEED OUR PRAYERS FOR SALVATION, THEIR WORLD IS SO EMPTY..EVEN THO I AM GOING THROUGH A VERY TOUGH TIME RIGHT NOW, HE HAS FILLED ME WITH SO MUCH PEACE AND JOY. PRAISE BE TO GOD!!!!<BR>KATHIE

#338782 05/24/01 07:48 PM
F
F
Kathie (Vincent), I rejoice to hear of your joy. God is blowing me away with His love. <P>I got a low paying job today but you know what? I feel FANTASTIC..I got a job and the ladies are so nice. I also picked up a mini-job as a substitute lunch room monitor And may have a short term job for the school board.<P>But more than the material, Christ is lifting my depression. I was not aware of the huge battle the two people were having but just hoped they could overcome and find the Lord's miraculous healing touch.<P>Thanks for posting your thanks ( [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com])<P>------------------<BR>Fresh Start

#338783 05/25/01 08:02 AM
V
vincent Offline OP
OP Offline
V
Freshstart...<P>Praise God for your new job. When one shuts another opens. Prayer is so powerful, and God is soooo GOOD! My heart goes out to the ones who were slandering our Lord. Please pray for them, that both of them will find the Lord. I can't imagine living life with out Christ. He has taken me from the pit of the earth and has raised me up. Every day is a wonderful day, because Christ is present in my heart. Freshstart, this new job may be low paying, but we don't know what the Lord has in mind for us. This could lead to a better life. <P>Lord, thank you for lifting Freshstarts depression. We know Father this comes from the enemy. i pray oh Lord you will heal Freshstart, fill her heart with your spirit. Bind the enemy from the crevices of her life, and fill those crevices with your presents. Lord we give you our lives, ours heart, and our troubles. You have promised in your word to deliver us from the evil one..and because of the power of prayer..I stand firm on believing in you.<P>IJN amen<BR>kathie

#338784 05/25/01 09:47 AM
F
F
Hey, again, Kathie.<P>Thank you for your prayer. I do sense that God has a bigger plan behind this new job. I may have another job for a couple weeks that pays a little better--it likely ends sometime in June but the joy of gratefulness is welling up stronger and I know as we approach life with a thankful heart we discover Christ's riches in new ways.<P>SKM recommended a book to me called Fresh Faith by Cymballa. It talks about not taking things for granted and rejoicing over the "little" (seemingly but even they are big) blessings. I have a new friend who has visited more than 35 countries and just recently returned from missionary service. She helps me see how we are overly blessed as our fellow human beings around the world suffer dire poverty and early dreadful humiliating deaths.<P>Would you be willing to keep me in your prayers for my new need also? I feel a poem coming on and hope I remember it to write it out and post in poems about facing honesty and working/letting God work change. As the depression lifts, I am painfully aware of how much hard work I have to face and commit to doing. I used to feel this giant thumb of oppression crushing me but that is gone...still I have left over behaviours -years of inbedded stuff-I want Jesus to have me 1000% and anticipate more healing.<BR>Thanks for your beautiful note and prayer. I'll be praying for you today too.<P>I also posted this morning in Emotional Needs...New Life...New Worries...I'd love to hear your repsonse to my questions there [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>God is good ALL the time!<P>------------------<BR>Fresh Start

#338785 05/25/01 05:29 PM
G
G
I am confused a little...and since Satan is the author of confusion, I wanted to ask, what is going on? I have been busy tying to find a place to live and have not been able to post much. I always pray for those that come here hurting. What is BB? Who are trolls? Sorry for being stupid but, I haven't a clue. Maybe I am not suppose to understand. I just don't like when people are hurt. I thought this board was pretty save. <P>Anyway I will be praying for everyone here. <BR>gentle

#338786 05/25/01 09:10 PM
F
F
Hey, gentle. I should stop writing Kathie in this column as it started out on a totally sad topic.<P>I only caught the last unedited post from two people who were fighting. They were being dreadful. So Kathie wrote to ask the moderator to stop them, which OneGoing (moderator) did. someone called the two adversaries "trolls". <P>A BB is the bulletin board..that is the discussion forum.<P>We appreciate your posts. I read quite a few of yours or have over time Did you succeed in finding a place to stay? Our prayers are with you. Blessings! <P>------------------<BR>Fresh Start

#338787 05/25/01 11:18 PM
G
G
Freshstart,<P>Thanks for the answers. I knew Bb would be something simple. Praise God I don't care to ask stupid questions anymore. I am glad I don't know no everything. I don't think I missed much about the trolls. I hope gcan was not ran off. Sorry I haven't been arounf much. No I haven't found a place to live yet. I know God has us a place to live we just haven't found it yet. The church has offered to put us up with a lady from church that has room for me and my daughters. My 19 year old would have to live else where and I really want to keep the family together as much as possible. Of course this would just be till we were able to find a home and get help with money.Our stuff is going to be in about five places. I know God will work this all out. It is still scarey at times. I am so thankful that I am<BR>really learning to depend on the Lord for everything or I would be scared to death. Things are still a mess but I know God is in charge. I just wish I could get to packing. I get sad every time I start. My heart is not in it but I must move by June, 4. <P>Thanks again for putting some light on the subject. I pray that the light of our Lords shines bright on the situation.<P>In Him,<BR>gentle

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 459 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation