Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,190
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,190
Wow! The ups and downs of recovery. God challenged me recently to leave my lowpaying job and stay home for the summer to give the best of myself to family. Not exactly to repay their kindness or in a punishment way..but I feel it is part of my recovery to sit still for them. I am not good at sitting still (unless it comes to being at home-I am too lazy there but give me a job elsewhere and I work really hard) I know God wants to correct me in this and heal our family.<P>Pastor preached an awesome sermon about sitting still Sun morning. He also cannot sit still. It was so challenging I could not keep the tears from flowing. If I wasn't a pastor myself, I would have suspected Pastor of being the thought police of my mind! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>A word of knowledge was given that doors would swing wide for some in the congregation this week..doors of opportunity and answers to prayer.<P>I applied for a job about 4-6 wks ago and knew I had it as soon as I dropped off my resume. The boss was so swamped with his new store that he didnt have time to interview! I moved in the meantime so made about 3 followup visits. I quit after 3 as I didn't want to be a nuisance and was certain my new address/phone # was known by then.<P>We had a buddy over for dinner and the kids were online. When 14 got offline, there was a message for me to call the boss. I have an interview Tuesday morning at 8:30.<P>H said if I need to work f/t, do it anyway but THE BOSS replied to my willingness to work p/t summer and come on board f/t in the fall, THAT WOULD FIT IN PERFECTLY WITH OUR PLANS FOR YOU TO JOIN US IN THE FALL!!<P>God has done one amazing miracle after another. H said tonight, Look at our furniture. I thought we would have junky stuff but God is so good. (Our friends have been more than merciful to us) <P>It was hard to tell the truth and confess. I got burned and so did H for reporting it to our spiritual authority. But every day I rejoice more to be living in truth and falling more in love and deeper in contentment with my family life and God just keeps pouring on the blessings.<P>I so want anyone caught in an A to break it off, tell the truth and find LIFE..in Jesus and His Light. My g/f recently told me she thinks I am "shinier" every time she sees me because of God's light in me. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] What a blessed compliment!<P>Praise God!<P>------------------<BR>Fresh Start

Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 441
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 441
Hi:<P> Have not been on-line for sometime.<P>Starting new Sales job next week on a five-month contract. Hope it works out. It will be a big help.<P>God Bless and thanks for your prayers. Keep praying though.<P>Clyde

Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,190
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,190
Clyde, so good to hear from you! I didn't use your name but awhile back I asked for prayer here for you about work! Great news!<P>Look forward to keeping in touch. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 370
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 370
Freshstart, its a blessing to hear God is answering your prayers. I have a question for you. I live in Oregon and want to relocate my family eventually to Canada. I was thinkin Calgary, or Edmonton. Oregon is a very destrutive place for children and families. There is no law here. They dont operate by the constitution at all. We have the highest incarceration rate in the world. That means a lot of innocent people are in prison here, but the guilty seem to run free. I want out of this hell. Is Canada any better?<BR>If you are a christian here, you are denied any justice whatsoever. They then make it a point to destroy you. Even my own family has turned on me, and demanded that i divorce my wife and leave my son with my sister for her to raise. She is an atheist, christian hater. She is now using the system here to destroy me. There is no due process in Oregon. If you have money,you can lie and get away with it. If your poor like me, your already a lowlife lier. You are guilty as charged. I havent found a church yet that would lift a finger to help either. Most aare only concernrd with holding on to what they have. These are truly the last days.<BR>Mark

Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,190
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,190
Lostpup, I am so sorry for your pain. I don't know if the geographical cure is the answer. Funny how we think the grass is greener...I think Oregon is beautiful but I've only visited there. My brother lives in Montana (he hates it but that's cuz he is a city boy--he grows to love it because of his wife and kids)<P>I live in Edmonton. Calgary is a gorgeous city. Both are growing quickly (more Calgary area) Our politics are different.. Christianity is still well received here but some things are being opposed as everywhere. We have quite the premier (guess he would compare to a governor of a state)--he is a really party guy. When we first moved to Alberta, he had a law that you could carry open liquor in your vehicle up front..as long as the cap is on while you drive. Interesting guy!<P>I remember reading your posts before. Will your W come with you if you did move? My old church is very good (despite my complaints) and if you come to Edmonton and we meet, you should really check out the church I go to now...they are awesome people. They barely knew us and gave us a big hand to get started in our new life. They are that kind of people.<P>However, I don't want to encourage you to make a rash decision. There is all the complication of red tape border stuff and finding work, etc. When my brother married his American wife, he still had to come home to Calgary for a bit after they were married due to a mixup with paperwork. He had to be here for 6 wks or 3 mos..can't remember.<P>Would you like to email each other? It may be easier to share some things but posting here is fine, too. Take care, my brother.

Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 370
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 370
yes id like to email you. I wouldnt do anythhing the Lord wouldnt have me to do. My wife would eventually come with my son. I need to get established first, and it needs to be Gods will. I believe thats where the Lord is leading me. However i could be wrong. <BR>Mark mauer62@hotmail.com


Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 472 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,659
Posts2,323,617
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0