Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#339279 07/09/01 11:41 AM
O
OP Offline
O
Prayer is the only thing I know to do for this problem. I've heard that the prayers of many do have power.<P>I am asking for my H to forgive me. For his hardened heart to soften so that he may forgive me.<P>More than four years ago I was unfaithful, with my H's permission and participation. It ended. I thought that he had forgiven me and we had reconcilled. We had a daughter. And then he left nearly a year ago.<P>He has placed all the blame on me and what happened over four years ago. The OM has moved on, is now married, and has a son. There is no longer an even remotely intimate relationship there. I had broken all contact with him, but was forced to renew it when my stbxH filed for divorce (because the OM had to be contacted and info. obtained for the case).<P>In the meantime, I learned that my stbxH was having an EA with another woman.....secretively. 3 months after he moved out, it went PA. AND he was taking our D around this OW.<P>Yet he still blames me. He still refuses to accept responsibility for his actions.<P>He doesn't care about why I had the affair (what needs of mine he was not meeting).<BR>He doesn't care that I have repented of my actions and have been trying to atone for them.<P>I never walked out on the marriage. He never said 'no' to my affair. [In fact, because of my affair, I found out that he had been the OM in an affair with a married woman --- and he hadn't told me about it before our marriage.]<P>But he has walked out. I beleive that he no longer attends counselling for his anger. He refused to work together in marriage counselling, and after three visits, he filed for divorce and refused to go back.<P>My affair ended, and I have been faithful to my husband ever since. I have been faithfult during his absence of nearly a year.<P>He has hardened his heart and hides behind it as if it is a shield. Displaying the image of my sin for all to see, while hiding his own sins behind it.<P>I am asking the Lord to soften his heart, break down his shield, so that he may forgive my sins and so that he may no longer hide his sins, but be forced to face them.<P>I know that the Lord know the truth and forgives me of my sins. But this man is my H, and I do desire his forgiveness. <P>I also desire to see him repent of his erroneous ways, that I may forgive him and we may begin to rebuild a life together.<P>I've made this prayer privately a number of times. I hope that the prayers of many will lend it strength. That he may forgive me so that the Lord will forgive him. Tthat his double-blindness will be lifted.<P>For, despite all the hurt he has caused me, I still do love this man. I still lose myself when I am around him. I still know him. And our daughter loves him.<P>Help him, Lord.<P>In Your Name I pray,<BR>Amen<P>~Amy

O
O
Amy,<BR>I'm new to posting on this site, but not new to the struggles that I've read about on this site.<BR>All I know is that when my husband asked for my forgivness I knew that if I did, I would be forgiving him like the Lord forgives us. To never ever be able to divorce him because of his affair at a later time because it would be removed as far as the east is from the west. The Lord totally wipes the slate clean. And I knew I had to do the same thing. So for me, even if things didn't go quite like I had hoped after we reconciled, I could not decide to leave him for the Adultery clause. His slate would be clean at least as far as me using it against him was concerned. Can't do much to totally forget it of course but I choose not to be bitter. That's what your husband has to do if he expects to be forgiven of his sins. It's a spiritual problem he's having. Your husband has boughten into Satan's lies that he's justified in having his affair because you're to blame. Give him time for the Lord to reveal truth.<BR>The Lord is the Lord of Truth and the Truth sets us free to see what the Lord's plans are for our lives.<BR>Don't give up hope. Keep remembering the man you married. He's still there. Satan tries to make us believe that he's not. <BR>Lord, you are the Way, the TRUTH, and the life and that no one comes to You except through Jesus. Please convict Amy's husband that he needs your forgiveness and that he needs to forgive Amy in the same way. Please release Satan's hold on him and I ask this in the power and name of Jesus. Please encourage Amy and allow her to see You at work in her husband. And be at work in the other woman as well as she too is just Satan's instrument. Release them both and bring healing and hope to Amy and her husband that they can truly have the kind of marriage you had in mind for them. Come against Satan's attempts to discourage Amy and give her hope. I ask all these things in the name of Jesus our Lord and our hope. Amen

M
M
Amy,<P> I agree with onthemend. Don't give up hope. All things are possible with God. I personally believe He wants all marriages to work, because He says he hates divorce. Please visit <A HREF="http://www.restorem.org" TARGET=_blank>www.restorem.org</A> it is a good site for anyone wanting to stand and believe in the Lord and all his promises.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 365 guests, and 78 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation