Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#339628 08/04/01 12:52 AM
J
OP Offline
J
Hi,<BR>My husband and I are separated for the second time. About 2 months ago, he told me he was unhappy and wanted to move out. The situation was basically the same. He started going out with friends/employees (we own our own business) and drinking until early morning hours. This last time, right before he left, he had a one-night stand with a young girl that worked for us (she slept with 4 or 5 guys from our office before H and has since been fired) The real kicker is that I am 4 months pregnant with our second child. I don't even recognize my H anymore, he drinks all the time and has even experimented with drugs. This is TOTALLY not like him because he was brought up in a strong Christian home. (He used to NEVER drink!) I am so sad. It's like he has slipped into a pit of hell and I don't see him coming out anytime soon because all his partners in crime work for our company and live in the same apartment complex as H. The company has been pretty sucessful and I think the money has gone to his head. He will also be turning 30 next month and he seems to be trying to recapture his youth (and do the things he never did as a teenager like the drinking, etc.) Anyways, I would appreciate it if you could please pray for us. I am hoping that all the bad influences leave his life and our company and that he "comes to himself" and realizes what he is throwing away. I know it will take a real miracle for this situation to turn around and I am praying hard for one! <BR>Thanks for your support!<BR>June

L
L
Welcome, June.<BR> We're glad to see you, even though we understand NONE of us wants to be here!<P> Please read, read and read some more until the MB principles become ingrained into your head! This is all good stuff here....there are ways you can help your H know what he really wants to do, what GOD wants him to do, please understand all you can about the types of things you can do to help your H get through this and back to his "old self."<P> We are in a "sort of" fasting mode today and tomorrow. Some of us are fasting (24 hour) and praying today, some will tomorrow....if you would like to join us, please feel free to post your prayer requests here (besides the biggy about wanting your H back to his old self(!) - we got that one), or on the "Fasting and praying" thread, where you'll find everyone else's requests.<P>The timing couldn't be better, since we are all praying for each other intensely today and tomorrow, you are just in time!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>God Bless you<BR>Lupo<BR>

L
L
June,<BR>I am agreeing in prayer with you for you husband to come to himself, and for the healing & restoration of your marriage. God Bless you.

T
T
Junebug,<P>I am so sorry to hear about this very scary and sad situation you are finding yourself in.<P>Lord, I love You and I worship You. I hope in You and I adore You. I beg Your pardon and Your mercy for all those who do not love You, do not worship You, do not hope in You and do not adore You. I pray right now for Junebug's husband and ask You to lift the fog that is blinding him. Allow him to see his beautiful wife and children and to desire healthy, happy things and not the tricks of the enemy. Christ, our society has really gotten so far away from all that You taught us when You walked on our earth. It must be so distressing to You and You must be so angry at us for allowing this to take place.<P>Please Lord, protect the families of those who love You. You remember how Abraham asked You not to destroy the city of Sodom (Gen. 18.16) if there were 10 good people? Lord, there are more than 10 good people on this forum. Please save us and our families from destruction and from deviating away from the road to You. <P>Lord, our spouses are in a fog but we are willing to suffer for their sins. We are here asking Your help so our marriages can be restored in You and so we can lead our friends and the rest of our families back to You. We want others to witness our miracle, Lord.<P>In Your perfect time, please restore our marriages. If it is Your will, lead Junebug's husband back before the birth of their second child. Hold her hand through this deep sorrow and allow her to feel Your Precious Divine Love and Mercy.<P>I ask this in Your name, Jesus Christ, Only Son of the Living God. Amen.<P>Junebug, I am suffering with you. Keep writing us.

L
L
Hi June, The Lord is still in the business of miracles. He hasnt forgotten you. It is always Gods will to bring His prodigals back. Keep praying and never give up until the Lord brings your husband back.<BR> <BR>Dear Lord, i lift up my sister to you that you would comfort her and give her peace during her trials of a backslidden husband. Lord i pray that you would bring your prodigal son back to you and his wife in spirit and truth. May you restore their marriage beyond what it ever was and may you be first in their lives and marriage. In Jesus name, Amen<BR>Mark

J
OP Offline
J
Thank you so much for your prayers and kind words. You have helped me more than you will ever know. I hope that someday I will be able to post my success story here (and I hope that for EVERYONE here too!). Not much has changed yet but I know that I must continue to be patient and know that GOD has a plan for our marriage. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>Thanks again<BR>June

J
OP Offline
J
Hi everyone. Just giving an update. Unfortunately, nothing has changed. Tomorrow is our anniversary so needless to say, I have been having a tough weekend. We did go to a concert last night "as friends" with two of our other friends. We had a good time but it was bittersweet because I miss being a couple so much. I called him today and ended up getting upset on the phone which just makes him angry. He says that he just wants to "run away" from his problems in hopes that they will just disappear. He also made some comments about what it will be like after we divorce. Please continue to pray for me. I have been so emotional lately (being pregnant doesn't help that) and I just find myself asking all the time "why me?". <BR>Thanks<BR>June

T
T
Dear junebug622,<P>Your story sounds so similar to mine. Do you have any other kids (besides the one on the way)? If not, if this is your first and his first, it IS normal for a husband to go through a phase like this when he is going to be a father, especially with him hitting 30. I'm not saying to blow it off. On the contrary, take it very seriously. The most important thing I can say to you is not to push him or seem desperate. Just leave it in God's hands. If I would've done that to begin with, he would probably be home already.<P>You are going through so much of the same things I went through. My H and I were married for 12 good years. I've always had a weight problem. Well, it turns out that an attractive partner is one of my H's most important EN's. Big WAMMY for me! He didn't bother sharing this with me all these years, although he did give me subtle hints that he wanted me to lose weight, and I did, but it never stayed off for very long. The last time I lost a significant amount of weight, he decided he wanted me to get pregnant. I explained to him that I would gain weight before getting pregnant because I was taking Metabolife, and I would be getting off of that. He said he would be behind me 100%. Well, he wasn't. As soon as I got pregnant (with my 3rd child), he became another person. He started going out and staying out every night until 2, 3 or 4 in the morning. He was working late all the time. He was spending money like it was going out of style. And he suddenly had this fixation about "looking good". He was listening to younger music, dressing differently, and acting differently - to everyone, not just to me. Well, in Feb. 2001, he told me he didn't love me anymore. I was due to have the baby in March. He said he was going to work on the marriage. I had the baby, and two weeks later he left me. We've been separated for almost 5 months now. He originally was determined that he wanted to have a divorce. Well, I lost all the weight he wanted me to lose, and now he's having second thoughts. It's not happening very fast, and he seems to be waffling again, but at least he's not sure about divorce. I am having to move out of my house with my 3 kids, and in with a friend, and he still hasn't come to his senses. His excuse now is that he resents me because I could've lost the weight a long time ago. Yeah, he's right, but I never would've lost it this fast if it wasn't for the depression.<P>Anyway, I digress. My point is, don't push your husband. Figure out what made him fall out of love with you, and try to fix that problem. It hasn't worked for me yet, but at least he's reconsidering. I can't change the past. I can only learn from it. Now I am leaving it in God's hands. At least I'm trying to. It's not easy.<P>I was emotionally detached from my husband during my whole pregnancy. I was basically all alone for the whole pregnancy. I know it's hard. Talk to your doctor and let him know what's going on. Just keep your mind on God and your baby for now. Once you have the baby, you will not want to breast feed unless everything is good between you and your husband. I say this because you are not going to have an appetite if you and your husband are still having problems, so your baby won't get the nourishment it needs if you breastfeed. Also, you will DEFINITELY want to get on anti-depressants after you have the baby because you're going to have that post-partum depression, as well as the depression that will come from your marital problems. I was afraid to take anti-depressants until a couple of weeks ago, and now I wish I had taken them all along. I might have dealt with things alot better, and alot differently.<P>I hope this is not too long-winded. Take what you need and leave the rest. Remember, to have faith you have to BELIEVE that whatever you are asking for will (or has already) been given to you. Claim the victory now! You've got a long road ahead, and it's a very bumpy ride!<P>God bless you!<BR>TIG

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 273 guests, and 44 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation