Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#339725 08/14/01 04:29 AM
P
OP Offline
P
Hi All,<P>Is anyone interested in collectively praying at the same time? We could all arrange a time where we all put forward prayer requests and pray for them all at the same time.<P>I feel a great sense of peace when people on this board pray for me. It really means something to have someone who can 'feel' what you are going through pray for you.<P>If youre interested in doing this let me know. Maybe it could be a weekly scheduled thing that we could do?<P>Plec.

L
L
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by plecostomous:<BR><B>Hi All,<P>Is anyone interested in collectively praying at the same time? We could all arrange a time where we all put forward prayer requests and pray for them all at the same time.<BR></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Plec,<BR> This is a great idea!! Count me in.....now all we need is for everyone else to give us the time and days, and we can go for it!!<P>Lupo<BR>

L
lkd Offline
L
Great idea. Count me in.<P>LKD

F
F
sounds good to me!

M
M
I do this with some other groups I belong to for people wanting to restore our marriages. Count me in.

C
C
Count me in, too!

V
V
I'm here too.

T
T
I'm in.<P>God bless...<BR>TIG

P
OP Offline
P
Thanks everyone,<P>Ok, so let's arrange a time and date. I would suggest I do it myself, but as i'm 6 hours ahead of you in the UK i'm probably not the best person to do it. So what time and when? How about friday evening?<P>If there are specific things that you want prayed for then list them. And if there are specific times list them too. If we have details like BS is going to see OP at 6pm, we can all pray at that specific time.<P>Heres my list!!!<P>Pray for my wife to get her faith back and believe that Christ is her saviour.<P>Pray that my wife be healed of her physical illness.<P>Pray that the bond that Satan has created between the OM and my wife is broken. My W sees him at about 6pm GMT on Friday's. Which is about 12pm CST for you guys.<P>Pray that the EN's that I am making a point of meeting are notice by my W as a permanent change, and not just temporary.<P>Pray that the Lord gives me the strength to live for him, and that he gives me the strength not to LB and give up on the situation.<P>Pray that my marriage be reconciled, and built on a solid foundation in Christ.<P>If everyone does this I'll put together a list of times and requests that I can post up each week.<P>Plec.

F
F
I am in too!!! I had the same thoughts 2-3 nights ago. Let me know when----

G
G
Pleco, it is 12pm CST, and I am going to print out your prayer request and pray that God have mercy upon each situation in your life.<P>God answers prayer! Remember that! Have faith!

L
L
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><BR>COLLECTIVELY PRAYING TOGETHER<BR>Let's get this organized and do this this coming week, OK?<P>In addition to praying for restoration of my M, AND the burst pipe under my house(!), I would like to ask you all to remember me in prayer for an upcoming out-patient procedure I will undergo this coming Friday. Thank you for your prayers ahead of time!<P>I have a flyer here from Covenant Keepers, Inc. They fast and pray each WEdnesday...they pray for missionaries, National and State leaders, salvation for mates, protection for children, particularly from abortion, AND healing and restoration of M's.<P>I think we should join them in prayer on Wednesday. NO MATTER where you are, if it's Wednesday there, we should pray. There should be SOME overlapping of days in this way. Those of you to the far East, will pray LATE, and those of us in the far West can pray early, and we should be on the same time plane, more or less.<P>This flyer I have has two printed prayers on it. I will reprint them:<P><B>CONFESSION AGAIN THE SPIRIT OF DIVORCE:<BR> "Divorce, you can't live in my home. I'm saying to you in Jesus' Name, remove yourself from me and go into the depths of the sea. No divorce can live in my home because Jesus is my miracle worker. Jesus, you are performing a miracle for me now, You are removing divorce from my Marriage. My Marriage is free from divorce in Jesus' Name. Divorce, you are cursed. The roots of you have been cursed. You are dead-dead-dead. Divorce, you are dead. Get out in Jesus' Name. The Lord Jesus Christ is my miracle worker and He is performing a miracle for me now. Jesus, You are my Miracle worker." Mark 11:24<P>TO PRAY OVER A DIVORCE DECREE<BR> "The Word of God declares in Mal. 2:14 '<I>the Lord was witness (to the covenant made at your marriage)...</I>' and in Matt. 19:6, '<I> What God has joined together, let no man put asunder.</I>' Therefore, according to Colossians 2:14 we bring this legal decree to the foot of the Cross and declare that it is cancelled and blotted out.<BR> It is therefore ordered, adjorned, and decreed by God's court that the marriage relationship heretofore existing between _________ and _________ is hereby compatible, resolved, held worthy and valuable, and both parties reunited together."</B><P>AMEN! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><p>[This message has been edited by lupolady (edited August 19, 2001).]

P
OP Offline
P
Hi,<P>I think that is important that we pray together at the same time. The bible speaks of praying in groups of three or more quite specifically:<P>Matthew 18:19-21<P>Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.<BR>For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.<BR>Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?<P>If everyone wants to put together their list of prayers, I will put it all together and post it in a new thread so things are clearer. I will include the prayer that lupo put in her last post as a general prayer.<P>I think we have generally agreed that we should pray on Wednesdays. Let's set the time as 6pm CST, that's 12pm GMT for those in the UK like me. Let me have your requests before 12pm CST, so I can post the list up.<P>If anyone is feeling hopeless and lost today then read this:<P>"I tell you therefore: everything you ask and pray for, believe that you have it already, and it will be yours. And when you stand in prayer, forgive whatever you have against anybody,so that your Father in heaven may forgive your failings too." (Mark 11:20-25).<P>But, remember there is a BIG point here Jesus is also asking as to forgive whatever you have against anybody. That means we HAVE to forgive the OM and our WS!<P>Waiting for your requests ...<P>Plec.

T
T
I do remember about 2 or 3 years ago, we decided to pray for Lor (Lor) and her marriage - at noon on a specific day. Right now, Lor and her husband guard are in recovery - Praise the Lord! I think it has been a little over a year since they've been back together!<P>This is a good idea! Count me in!<P>1) Pray that college creates a director position for me at the college<BR>2) Pray my mom's leg is healed and it is not cancer, and her leg will not be amputated<BR>3) Pray my husbands work prospects are increased<BR>4) That our house sells<P>Thank you for the suggestion plec!<BR>TnT

C
C
I sat down to write in my prayer requests for tomorrow, got about halfway done, then the power to my house went off. Coincidence, I think not. Satan is getting really ticked at me today. Earlier today, he made my car keys disappear at the end of my workday to disrupt my afternoon appt. with my Christian mentor. Satan failed earlier and he will fail now as the power is back on.<P>My requests for tomorrow are:<BR>1) Pray that Satan is bound and rebuked in the name and blood of Jesus Christ, in all of our situations.<BR>2) Pray that the Lord delivers me from the pending divorce papers coming my way in a few days.<BR>3) Pray that my decision to sign the quickie, no-fault divorce papers is based on trusting the Lord that he wants a new restored marriage based firmly on the foundation he provided, not the one built by a fool(me). If I refused to sign (which I often think about), it would make my current, friendly relationship with her disappear, and it would be war. I could handle the conflict, she could not.<BR>4) Pray for Kris G. in Mesa, AZ and Chris W. in Long Island, that their wives hearts are softened towards their husbands to the point of reconciling.<P><BR>I just happened to look into my Bible right now and saw a table describing Satan's plan. I thought I'd share it here.<P>Satan's Plan:<P>Doubt-> Makes you question God's Word and his goodness.<P>Discouragement-> Makes you look at your problems rather than at God.<P>Diversion-> Makes the wrong things seem attractive so that you will want them more than the right things.<P>Defeat-> Makes you feel like a failure so that you don't even try.<P>Delay-> Makes you put off doing something so that it never gets done.<P><BR>Thank you in advance for your prayers.<P>Chris<BR>

M
M
Please pray for my husbands salvation. Pray for The Lord to place a Headges of Thornes around him so that whoever is interested in him will leave and end the relationship. Pray<BR>that my husband's heart will turn back to me. God Bless each of you.<P><BR>

L
L
My prayer requests are for WAT, on GQII board, that his W will STOP D. proceedings and begin to turn her heart back toward her H (WAT)- His name is Dave.<P>For myself, I ask prayer that H would turn back to our M and contact me, begin his journey home, restored M. I also need wisdom to know which way to fix broken pipe, or H could be here to get it fixed (!) [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Also, have to go to out-patient procedure on Friday morning (10AM EDT), please remember to pray for God's hand on surgeon's hand. <P>Thank you all, and I will be praying as well.

T
T
Please pray the following for me:<P>1. My H will return to our M with his heart completely in it for reconciliation.<P>2. God will deliver my H.<P>3. God will have mercy on my brother and heal him.<P>4. God will bless my best friend with happiness and a man that will give her the love she deserves.<P>5. God will help me with my financial problems.<P>6. God will put a hedge of thorns on my H so that anyone he is intersted in will turn away from him.<P>7. God will watch over my children.<P>8. God will give me the strength to hold on.<P>God bless you all, and I'll be praying at 6 pm.<P>TIG

H
H
I am interested, please include me in your plans.<P>God Bless

F
F
a bump to the top for prayers on Wednesday.. Sept. 12.<P>There's a few other prayer requests o separate threads. Let all pray tonite for each and every one of these requests.<P>------------------<BR>Faith1<P>"Then Jesus answered, 'Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted.'"<BR>Matt 15:28

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 425 guests, and 58 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation