Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#340241 10/15/01 10:25 PM
J
OP Offline
J
Hi,<BR>For those of you who don't know me, my H and I have been separated since mid-May and I am currently 7 mos. pregnant. My H has been going through a bit of a mid-life crisis and has been going out, drinking, experimenting with drugs (pills), etc. This is a total 180 for him as he was brought up in a very strong Christian home. Well, about two weeks ago, my H started calling more and initiating lunch dates, we went to a ball game together, and have been going to church together for the past two weeks. He mentioned that he wants to get his life "back on track" and has even talked about coming home. I told him that we needed to talk about things and he agreed. During our talk I told him that I wanted him to be sure before coming home because I could not go through this again (this is our second time being separated). I also told him that I wanted him home because of ME and not because our son or the new baby. (when he left he said the classic: "I love you but I'm not in love") Well, he got very quiet, agreed with everything I said and told me that maybe we should just continue as we are-working on our friendship, until he is 100% sure. Well, now I am afraid I have put him into confusion even further. We still went to church together last Sun. but I think the pull of his friends is still too strong as he went out "partying" with them both Fri. and Sat. nights. I just sense such confusion and conflict within him!! He wants to do the right thing but the pull of his friends and the devil is still too much for him to overcome! I think he wants both worlds right now. Can you please pray for him/us. I really want him to turn his back on that sordid lifestyle and come back to his family and God 100% I feel like we are almost there but he keeps getting pulled away!! Thanks for any advice and prayers you can offer!<BR>June

L
L
Dear God,<P>We just lift this couple to you as they are searching for your will in all of this. I also pray that you look after the H as he goes to these parties and keep him safe. Would you give him the strength he needs to pull away from the lifestyle he is in and open his heart to the W he has left. AMEN

J
OP Offline
J
Thank you for your prayers Listener. I still need them!! My H still seems to be backing away. Thanks for any support!<BR>June

F
F
I just wanted to add my prayers for you<BR>and your family! Take care.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (2 invisible), 476 guests, and 72 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation