Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#340781 02/14/02 11:32 AM
B
OP Offline
B
I have been on MB almost three years. I rarely post anymore, but I REALLY need some prayers and help.<p>First, I love the Lord, and I know that He loves me and wants what is best for me. I know this, although I am having a hard time *seeing* it.<p>I've been divorced over 1 1/2 years; seperated a total of 3 yrs. I have a young daughter who is the joy of my life.<p>Why am I writing this today? Well, I, even after all this time, still CRY at night for my husband to come home. Some are familiar with the term *standing* and I've been doing this.<p>I came to me last night, that although I want my husband to turn to the Lord and come home, I don't believe he will any longer. I honestly believe now, that satan has been clouding my mind, to the point of tormenting me. I should NOT be feeling this way, escpecially after 3 years of seperation (married only 4 1/2 years). <p>I NEED to let this go and I need to truly let God lead MY life. I am close to losing my mind over this and I know that is from the devil. I cannot pretend any longer that my xh is coming home- I need to live my own life.<p>Please, if you pray, pray for my daughter and myself. Please Lord, release me from this torment and lift me from this pit.<p>God bless

#340782 02/14/02 02:29 PM
H
H
Hello Brokenspirit, I will pray for you today and when I can. I wanted to share a book with you that really helped me release some areas regarding my husband that I was obsessed with. I read the book "Shattering your Strongholds" by Liberty Savaard. You probably will have to special order it from a Christian bookstore, but this book truly set me free from obsessing about my husband's affair and letting him go. We are now back together and more in love than ever. It's a different kind of love, based more on genuineness and reality than fantasy or ideals. I don't look for him to meet my needs, I am pursuing furthering my education and career and am seeking the Lord for His plans for my life. One thing that might help is to set goals for yourself, think of things that you've always wanted to do or learn about. Take classes and get involved with things. Don't allow yourself to obsess about him. You are complete without your husband. Follow the daily prayers in liberty's book and I know it will make a difference. it really is a battle of the mind, and this book was the first thing that truly helped me release those obsessions from my mind and to bind my mind and will to Jesus Christ's. Love and Prayers, your friend CC

#340783 02/14/02 05:12 PM
L
L
Dear Brokenspirit,
I am praying for you, for God to give you clear direction and reveal his plans & purposes for your life and that you will know His perfect will in this whole situation.
God bless you!

#340784 02/14/02 07:35 PM
L
L
Dear Broken, I too have been here around 3 years and have been standing for over 3 years now. I have had the same feelings lately. Although my W and I have been seeing each other for the last year, she still refuses to come home because her mommy forbids it.(W is 32) Although my W may want to come home, she is not mentally well and i have both entire families againts me. The devil seems to be relentless in keeping my marriage destroyed and tormenting me. I have lost hope many times, even this week. Somehow the Lord gives it back everytime. I feel rebelious when i constantly say i want to get on with my life! I want to be happy. Its like im telling God Ive had enough and this is too big for even you to handle.
Sometimes i try my hardest to give up. I even go as far as telling God not to dare give me anymore hope for a hopeless situation. Then He does anyway. Some of us have to make it thru more for examples to others. Otherwise most give up after 6 months to a year. May the Lord get the glory in this all. You are not alone and in my prayers.
Mark

#340785 02/15/02 10:17 AM
B
OP Offline
B
Hanging in there-<p>Thank you for you prayers. I know that God's will is not for me to be in torment. I know He wants me to healthy.
I do take care of myself. I am starting a new business- all on my own (with God's help, of course). I'm a mom; I do my hobbies; I have my circle of friends.
There are times, tho, that my ache to have my mate back is sometimes unbearable. It's something that most people do not understand and they think you are in som sort of denial.
I'm glad to hear you are in recovery. May the Lord bless your marriage.<p>luvbug-<p>Thank you for this prayers. I do pray to do the will of God, and not me. I do need His direction and guidance.<p>Lostpup-<p>Oh, your post really struck me. It's very rare to find a *stander* who has been doing this for years. Like you said, most decide early on that there is something *better*. I, too, have prayed that God would just STOP this- that I was DONE- that I'm not going to do it anymore. Then, like you said, He will turn my heart back to my xh and I begin to pray for him again.
I don't know this time, tho. I honestly *feel* different this time. It is truly tormenting to keep hoping like this. I keep thinking that I'm stopping just before the finish line (5 seconds before my miracle), but how many times do you get to that point and have it NOT be your time for a miracle?
Thank you for sharing your story. I will pray for you, too.
God Bless You.

#340786 02/15/02 12:10 PM
L
L
Broken, i can relate to you very well.
What gets me thru the unbearable times is of course Gods peace, but also knowing the devil wouldnt put out so much effort if God wasnt going to get glory. Every time i want to give up and have had enough(once a week) God reminds me that i have and still do in some areas hurt Him deeply, yet He forives me and never gives up on me. Im left without an excuse [img]images/icons/frown.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Dear Lord, I pray that you would give broken your strenth to make it thru these unbearable times and give her your peace and comfort. Lord, we are growing weary, for it has been years now. I pray for encouragement and direction. Lord we loose our direction so much and constanly need to be reasured that you havent forgot about us. Lord i pray for a word that Broken and myself cant deny in our pain that says you are going to fully restore our broken hearts and marriages.
In Jesus Name, Amen

#340787 02/15/02 08:50 PM
B
OP Offline
B
Lostpup,<p>Thank you for your prayers. I LOL when you said you want to give up once a week! Mine is like once a day, any more.<p>I would like to ask you some questions, if that is ok?<p>Are you seperated, or divorced? Any children? Have you tried to implement Plan B?<p>Honestly, I think I've come to the point where I see no hope at all for us. I'm not sure if it is satan or not. All I know is, I'm tired of waiting; tired of hurting; just plain tired of hoping for this. The Lord lead me to read 1Timothy last night, and the part of "....finishing the race...." really hit me. If I quit now, I'm not finishing the race; but, there is another part of me that thinks maybe this race was not mine to run to begin with.<p>When I hope for restoration, I'm in anquish. When I *think* I'm giving up, I feel relieved. Do I feel anquish because the devil is fighting me and relieved when I give up because his is winning??? I don't know. <p>Anyway, I've rambled enough. Thank you for caring and it really does help to know that others are out there, going through this trial.<p>Father God, we love you and thank you for all you do for us. You are our refuge; our rock. Even though we grow weary, and doubts fill our minds, we continue to hold on to You, hoping only in You, knowing that You hold our lives in Your hands. Father, I pray for Lostpup, for all the brothers and sisters on these boards- and those we don't even know about. May You bless and protect us; showing us where to step; when to leap and when to be still. Your love is all we need. We cling to you. IJN, Amen.<p>God Bless you

#340788 02/15/02 11:20 PM
L
L
Broken, Im seperated and have a 7 yr old son and 12 yr old step daughter. My sister has my son and doesnt intend to ever give him back to me or my W and my step daughter is with her dad and has been alienated againts me recently by mother inlaw. I was very close to my step daughter. My W still wants a D because it would make everyone happy but her or me. My own mother has offered to pay her to divorce me.(My mother seems to have lost her faith) My W is manic depresant and in a treatment home. Everybody tells her she will get children back if she divorces me and has notheing to do with me. Its a lie of course. She is the last person in the world to get kids back. Shes a recovering junkie and mentally ill. The only way is if we get back together and they know that. I have been very good for her recovery and they hate that. W believes lies and wont listen to the truth. Still she does want to be my W, but she cant handle so many againts it. I guess i understand some. Im finding i cant handle it much more either.
When you give up, is it more of letting it go to God or pushing restoration out of your heart. I have done both. I felt the most relief of all when i was taking xanax-lol. Relief last so long for the wrong reasons. You will know soon enough. If you find yourself becoming more angry and resentful, you just break and love for them pours back into your heart.
The devil has thrown it all at me. Twisting scripture in everyway. Ive had pastors tell me theres no hope and church members demand i divorce cause they did and it was fine as i only seen bitterness in their eyes. This stand has brough me almost to the grave a few times and destroyed me financially.I have thought life was acually hell. I found comfort in the fact that im spared this kind of pain forever after i leave this life. The list does go on.
All i can say is God brought me thru it all and i dont know how. It just happened.
Along the way i got to the point of convicing myself to end my life. I cant describe the relief i felt. I felt good and happy. That ended one night and God set me back on the path. You probably dont want to know how far i went. If you feel relief, yet have trouble facing God its probably false peace. I hope and pray God would revel Himself and His plans for all of us here at MB soon.
Mark

#340789 02/16/02 06:34 PM
B
OP Offline
B
Lostpup,<p>Holy moly! Looking at what someone else endures, really puts your own situation in perspective. I read your post and I just lifted you up to the Lord. My heart just feels for you.<p>Do you fast? I believe in fasting, altho I don't do it very well. My flesh really can be in control of me at times, and it is VERY difficult for me to stop some of my additions (yes, I have many-which I need to stop!). <p>Would you be interested in fasting on a specific day with me? If we can do this, we will fast until we BOTH have a breakthrough. Does this interest you? I think if we can do this together, maybe our chances of following through may be better.<p>I pray for you and your family, Mark. I pray the bondage your wife is in will be broken by the hand of the Lord. I pray that your family is restored, with all your children, in a way you never could have dreamed. May the Lord keep you strong, courageous, and keep looking to the Lord.<p>God Bless you, brother

#340790 02/17/02 05:36 AM
L
L
Broken, ive been fasting the last few days. I didnt want to, i just cant eat. Things are not well with my W and I. Im loosing hope again myself. The pain in me is very unbearable. I just want this hell to end. How long must i pray and cry before God answers my prayers. I want this over one way or another.
Mark

#340791 02/17/02 02:40 PM
B
OP Offline
B
Lostpup,<p>I truly feel for you. I know how hard it is to continue to hold on when nothing seems to be going that way. A truly impossible situation.<p>It's not good for you to not eat. I know what it feels like to not feel like eating, but sometimes you just need to force yourself.<p>I'll be happy to pray for you, Mark. What specifically do you want me to pray for this week. Maybe if we can make small goals (daily/weekly), it will help us in our walk and help us to keep our focus on Jesus and not our situations.<p>God loves you, Mark.<p>Praying...........

#340792 02/19/02 06:22 AM
L
L
Broken, i suppose i need to allow Gods peace and patience to continue to reign in my heart. Im starting to give up once a day acually. Does anyone know if God can acually get thru to a mentally ill person. It doesnt seem to be happening. Sometimes i wonder how much God thinks i can take. I am so weak. I feel im becoming mentally ill. I have to continue to financially support my W , while she pretends she is making it on her own. I feel very used. Im just wondering if this will ever end. Back on the rollercoaster from hell. I guess somebody had to be her husband.
Dear Lord, i pray you reach our mates that otherwise are impossible to reach. With man this is impossible, but with you Lord all things are possible.
In Jesus name, Amen

#340793 02/20/02 08:15 PM
B
OP Offline
B
Lostpup,<p>There is so much pain in your post. I am truly sorry.<p>To answer you question, Yes, God CAN restore a mentally ill person, He can do anything. However, I guess it kinda boils down to the fact that person needs to be willing to get help, too. He wants us to choose Him first, and then He will heal us.<p>As far you you go, I'm concerned about you. I believe that satan is the one that is getting you down. Satan hates that we love and serve the Living God and he will do whatever he can to keep destroying our lives. Mark, HOLD ON TO JESUS. Don't let satan and his weak attempts to destroy you win. God is loving and He wants you to have an abundant life.<p>The reason you are her husband is because God KNEW you would love her- through it all!!! How many men would tolerate this??!! Mark, you are stronger than you think. You are becoming the vessel that God will use to bring your wife out of the bondage of satan. Remember, it's ALWAYS darkest before dawn.<p>I'm praying for you, dear brother. I lift you up to the arms of the Holy Master. Let Him comfort you and wrap you in His arms.<p>Blessings

#340794 02/21/02 06:23 AM
L
L
Dear Broken, thankyoufor your kindness. Satan is out to destroy me. Im being ripped compleatly apart and I think my Wife isnt mentally ill anymore. I believe she is demon possesed. I feel like im being crucified. Ive been here many times, but this is the most intense. All her words are lies. She is screwing around again, but wont admit it. I have always had to find out from others. I dont know how she can tell me she loves me with all her heart one moment and seeks to destroy me the next without a problem with it. I have been through HELL. She is a Judas. Her actions are the opposite of her words. She is persecuting me again. She is hiding from me again.(another man) and Ive been thru this for a total of 4 years not including the other 4 of hell we lived together. Sorry for the discouragment.
I need to heal. I healed greatly and it has all been undone. She has broken my heart countless times. I honestly cant take anymore. Pray that i still follow the Lord after this. Please pray that God would tell me something. I feel so abandon.
Mark

#340795 02/21/02 02:31 PM
M
M
Brokenspirit,<p>I will keep you in my prayers. I have been standing for over a year and divorced for a year now. I have tried giving up so many times but the Lord leads me back to standing for the marriage covemnant. There are groups for people that are standing and some web sites that have testimonies of restored marriages. Send me an eamil and I can forward as much as possible. I also know of a book you can purchase (I have the ebook I can forward to you) called "How God Can and Will Restore Your Marriage" The web site is www.restorem.org.<p>Lostpup,
I have followed you and your situatin for quite some time and believe we have corresponded a few times. DON'T GIVE UP. You know that is Satan. You have told me that a few times. You have been such an inspiration to me and I am sure others.I am praying for you.<p>Barb
morriggs@yahoo.com

#340796 02/22/02 05:26 AM
L
L
Dear Broken, im ready to push on and the Lord is my deliverer. I really had to get my mind off the circumstances and back on the Lord. I am at peace now. There is a big difference.
I think we all get so very discouraged at times and want to give up so bad. The Lord always shows me He that is in me is greater than he that is in the world. We need so much to keep our eyes on the Lord at all times.
Hi Barb, thank you for your encouragement also. The Lord has got us here to lift each other up, and im not to proud to admit i need it just as much as everybody else. Your also in my prayers.
Dear Lord, Help us to continue to keep our eyes on you and off our circumstances. Lord, we need your peace and rest. I pray you graciously give us more peace as the days grow very evil. Lord, teach us to fully trust you and not waiver.
In Jesus Name, Amen

#340797 02/23/02 09:00 PM
B
OP Offline
B
Morriggs-<p>Thank you for your encouragemnt. Yes, I've been to restorem.org (I'm a member). I guess I've just been feeling lately that it doesn't make sense- that I don't know what I'm doing. I'm certain this is satan, trying to *fool* me into losing myself, thereby losing the Lord. I will do my best to keep my eyes on the Lord.<p>Lostpup-<p>You sound much better. I'm so glad you are feeling the Lord's peace. I'm still not there. Honestly, I don't want to do this any longer. I have no feelings left for him- we are fighting again (yes, I'm part of the problem). I'm so tired of this. I know that God CAN do anything. I believe in His power and majesty. I just don't know if it's going to happen for me.<p>Your prayer is so true. Thank you for that. It really does seem that the days of evil are upon us. May the Lord protect and deliver His children. May we become the vessels He desires for us.<p>God Bless.

#340798 02/23/02 10:26 PM
L
L
Broken, it does sound like your going through a lot of what i have been going thru recently. We have been fighting constantly and I have told her Im thru many times the last month. I even called her a Judas. I have not done well in my own strenth. I took it back into my hands and its a mess. Of course nothing makes sense. Does it make sense that the people crucified the Son of God? Did it make sense that they choose to release a hardened criminal loose into their society (Barabas)so Jesus could be crucified in his place. The way i read it Barabas was their modern day Charles Manson. Does it make sense that Peter became a Rock after he denied Jesus.
When things dont make sense and they rarely do, its time to trust God compleatly.
You may need to back off from WH for a while to get focus back on Jesus. I have had to do that with W. She says she needs to find her focus on Jesus that she has never had. I hope and pray that is the truth. Its all in Gods hands and He does work out all things. A growing faith is costly and painful.
Dear Lord, I pray that you would teach us how to truely let go of our circumstances and continue to fully trust in you. I pray that we can see the truth that the world around us violently tries to hide and twist even in our own minds. Take our minds captive in Christ Jesus.
In Jesus name, Amen

#340799 02/24/02 06:58 PM
B
OP Offline
B
Lostpup,<p>I'm becoming quite confused (which of course is from satan) about ALL of this. I believe in marriage, I believe in the convenant of Christ. It's so hard to give your life to the Lord- each day. I struggle with so many issues- each day.<p>I just don't know anymore. The thought of waiting more years for him to come home, then at least 2 more years before all is good.........sigh,,,,,I just don't know anymore. There must be something I'm missing, but I don't know what it is.<p>Thank you for your prayers. You are in my, also.

#340800 02/24/02 08:40 PM
L
L
Broken, this is an intense spiritual war. Our enemy(satan) will stop at nothing to defeat us. You will be bombarded with lies, lusts, anger, confusion, etc. The enemy wants you to give up.
Your faith is Jesus Christ. The worst defeating thoughts are the time in all this. Its not natural for us to be comfortable with Gods time(I still hate it). The enemy knows this. If he can get our focus on just that we will crumble.
Yes, sometimes i feel God will restore my M on the day im ready to die. Along the way, i had to find a resolve to stand no matter if it took 10 years. That was at a time when i hadent heard from W in many months and didnt even know if she was alive.
When i want to give up, God shows me how long it took for me to turn my life compleatly to Him. I was a very stubborn one. I overdosed on drugs about as many times as W has. When God provided a way, i went in another direction many times. He finally reached me and i broke and turned to Him with my all. Its all i had left. I had no choice. God waited around 25 years for me since i accepted Him to make Him Lord of my life. Oh He was my saviour for many years. Just not "Lord" and saviour. God never gave up on me and always loved me and waited for me to turn back to Him.
The gospel is about forgivness. Laying your life and selfishness down for another. Its not about all the great things God wants to do for my life nor is it about my happiness. Unfortunantly thats about all thats being taught in the churchs today. The Gospel of comfort and ease.
When it comes down to it, Christ suffered and was crucified for my sins as well as the rest of the worlds. He choose me to be spared hell eternal.
After what many of us have been thru, we have an idea of what hell is like. I praise Jesus im spared this hell forever. I cant ask for much more. I hope and pray His name is glorified. Thats why i want my M restored. For Gods glory. If that wasnt true, Id be remarried by now and lived happily ever after with some wonderful Christian wife.(if i had a nickle for every time i heard that) The trouble is, where would be Gods glory? Where would be the forgivness?
Would all those around me find it strange that i havent followed them in their own destrution. They seem to want that so bad. Many seem to violently tell me what God wants. They say He wants me to divorce just like they did and hold onto my bitterness for protection. My sister acually said this. Many others have said similar things.
This is a very narrow road that few take. I believe we will be rewarded greatly in heaven as well as here if we endure till the end. The devil seems to beleive it also.
Dear Lord, I pray you take our minds captive in Christ Jesus and deliver us from the confusion that the enemy has thrown us into. Have mercy on those whom try to lead us into sin. Bless them and do not curse. Deliver our mates from evil.
May your name be glorified.
In Jesus Name, Amen

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (doseedo, 1 invisible), 533 guests, and 40 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation