Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#340958 03/16/02 07:18 PM
B
OP Offline
B
I just wanted to say that I'm no longer standing for my marriage. Although I believe it is what the Lord has asked me to do (I pray He will forgive me), I can't see any other way but to give this up.<p>It's been over 3 years. We are divorced. Perhaps this will all make some sense one day---I certainly don't see it now.<p>Thank you for all your support.<p>Prayers to you all

#340959 03/16/02 11:23 PM
K
K
Brokenspirit,<p>I don't know what it is like to be at this for 3 years but at the 10 month mark I am a lot more empathethic to those who have been at it as long as you. I used to think I had all the answers, I've come to realize that I don't. You sound so depressed, are you ok? Do you have direction on what you are going to do? I can empathize with you, take care of yourself.<p>Heavenly Father I pray for brokenspirit and ask that You would come to her in a mighty way that only You can. You know her pain and her struggles, be with her, comfort her, strengthen her, she needs you now more than ever. You are the God of peace, so I pray that You would bring peace to her right now in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.<p>Blessings to you,
knight

#340960 03/17/02 09:54 AM
B
OP Offline
B
knight?mare<p>Thank you so much for reaching out to me. Your prayer brought me to tears.<p>I am somewhat familiar with your trial. You are a special person to bring comfort to another when you are struggling in your own life.<p>I'll be ok. I'm a little depressed, but I will be fine. I just need to see what happens next.<p>Again, thank you for you prayer and kind words. <p>God bless

#340961 03/17/02 10:22 AM
L
L
Brokenspirt, I cant tell you that i havent done the same thing, more than once. I think God can do His best work when we give up. Just dont stray to far from the Lord. The enemy wants more than you to just give up. The enemy wants you dead. Depression in these situtaions can easily lead to suicide. Try to give it all to God and let Him do what He wants to do with your sitution. <p>Dear lord, I pray you give brokenspirit peace and rest in you Jesus. She has had enough Lord. The pain is too great. Heal our lands Lord.
In Jesus name, Amen

#340962 03/17/02 07:50 PM
B
OP Offline
B
Lostpup,<p>Thank you. I'm not certain that I will be able to give up my stand. The Lord has a way of leading us back to His plan, even when we don't want to.<p>I am not going to get far from the Lord-- He is all I need. I'm just feeling so hopeless and helpless. <p>Yes, God can do a mighty work when we resolve that we can't do anything w/o Him.<p>I pray for you, too. How are you doing? <p>Heavenly Father, thank you, Lord, for the words and prayers of these brothers. Lord, I know that you have sent them to me, to restore my hope in You. Help us all, Lord, to know you and trust you in all things. Help us Lord, to do Your will and obey You. IJN, Amen.<p>God bless

#340963 03/18/02 07:26 PM
L
L
Hi Broken, Im doing about as well as you. I too just want to give up. Im loosing my focus on the Lord again. So much discouragment and persecution. I feel such a pull from so much spiritual warfare. If you look hard enough, you will see the world around us is spinning out of control also. I guess our faith is being tested heavy because of things to come. While the rest of the world runs for cover, we will be calm and think its no big deal. Thats about all i gather from all this right now.
As far as standing goes, God is going to have to stand in my place. I have no strenth left. His name shall be glorified inspite of myself.
Mark

#340964 03/18/02 09:09 PM
F
F
Brokenspirit & Lostpup<p>I pray for both of you that you will find the strength through the Lord to continue your stand. I pray that the Glory of the Lord in upon you and that your miracle is near. Lord strengthen these two that they may continue to do as you have called them to do. Lord your will is for marriages to be restored not destroyed and I claim that promise for these two in the name of Jesus. I pray protection for these two in Jesus name. Amen<p>
Have either of you been to restoreministries.net?? If you haven't I encourage you to go and read the testimonies. My pastor's aunt stood for her marriage 25 years and the Lord restored sometimes it just takes them that long to work in us and them. So please pick up your crosses and follow Jesus. He will never lead you wrong.<p>Faithwalk

#340965 03/18/02 09:21 PM
R
rjd Offline
R
I am so sorry for your pain, and ceratinly do not condemn you in any way. I am a Christian too, and I just don't understand our Father sometimes, but I know he cries with us, and hurts with us, and treasures up all our tears because he loves us so very much. He has not thrown you out, or put you on the shelf, or made you a second-rate Christian. His heart is broken with yours, and he is crying with you tonight, dear sister(s). Since my EA I cannot ever condemn anyone - I know now, I know...<p>Dear sister, God is for you forever. You cannot change his heart of love for you - that is why Jesus died for you, so you wouldn't have to earn the Father's love or perform to get him to like you. Jesus did all that for you, and you are forgiven and free. God loves you; how very much he loves you. Let yourself be held in his lap and wrapped up in his arms tonight. Cry on his loving breast - feel his heart of love beating for you tonight. Rest in his love, my dear sister, there is your hope.<p>There is a good book you might want to read if you can find it.

#340966 03/19/02 12:05 AM
B
OP Offline
B
I just want to say, the it's such a joy to know the Lord and it's such wonderful to see His love through the writings and the words of you, His amazing children. You are all a blessing from the Lord. THank you.<p>Lostpup,
My dear Brother in Christ. You have such insight into your faith. You are so strong. You are amazing. <p> Your trial is so difficult, yet you are able and willing and ready to always be there for someone else. God will bless you for this; He will. I will lift you up in prayer. <p>I believe the enemy is attacking our world as well. It's so frightening what is happening.
Keep fighting in the spirit. God is with you. I feel Him working through you.
God will be glorifed. He is ever faithful.<p>faithwalk,
thank you so much for the prayers. Prayer is so special and amazing. It is amazing what a prayer can do.
Yes, I've been to all the websites. I used to get strength from them; I'm just losing ground so quickly now.<p>25 years??????? Now THAT is wonderful!!! Pass along my congratulations. God is a wonderous God. <p>You are right. I need to pick up my cross and follow Jesus. I know He will not do me wrong. I'm tired. But, that is an excuse and from the evil one.<p>rjd,
Thank you, Brother. Your trial is not like mine, yet painful all the same. Thank you for the prayers. I will lift you up as well.<p>I guess as humans, as imperfect as we are, we try to hold on to things that are tangible-that we can get our minds around. God is not that way, tho. He is infathonable to us. His way is not our own, no matter how hard we try to fit it. <p>You have such a lovely way with prayer. Thank you again.
What book are you referring to? <p>Dear Brothers and Sister,
It is an honor to be able to call you this and to know that we truly are of one family. We all belong to Him.
Our lives on earth are but a breathe. We are merely passing through. I thank you all for your prayers and comfort. May the Lord bless each of you. May His perfect plan for your lives be revealed. May you have the peace that surpasses all our understanding. May the love of Christ shine from you face.<p>God bless

#340967 03/19/02 06:53 AM
L
L
Thank you Broken for the encouragment, right now i need it. Im filled with excruciating pain again. I dont feel so strong and am back to crying. I can barely work. My W has rejected me again. She has turned very cold and hateful after spending the weekend with either her satanic mother as she says or once again another man. My guess its both. Shes back to its Gods will that we divorce. Back and fourth. Up and down. Just what god she is talkin about is anyones guess. she calls evil good and good evil. I cant see Gods point in all this right now. I figured He thought i have suffered enough. I guess not. Unless God does a miracle soon, I have lost all hope. I cant take this anymore. Way too long. Way too much pain. I pray for all of us. I pray and plead with the Lord to give us all some encouragment and come againts the enemy in a big way for all this. Dear Lord i plead mercy. Lord i pray for some peace. Show us Lord you still care and want to heal our broken hearts and marriages. Humble our mates and give them a road to damascus experience. Lord i pray for strenth. Help......
In Jesus Name, Amen

#340968 03/19/02 10:42 AM
B
OP Offline
B
lostpup,
I am so sorry your trial continues, and with such intensity. My heart just aches for you. Jesus knows about rejection. Try to give this to Him. I know it's hard, very hard.<p>I wish I had some words of encouragement for you. God loves us, regardless of what our spouses are doing and saying to us.<p>I have to keep remembering that it is not my job to save my husband- that is for the Lord to do. It is my job to follow and to love my Lord.<p>Father, I lift up to you lostpup. Father, he is weary and tired. I pray that you will comfort him and strenghten him. I pray the spirit of love and mercy over him. Father, I pray that your Holy Spirit will surround lostpup, encirlcing him in your mercy. Reveal to him, Lord, the vision of his restored marriage. Reveal to him Lord, that although to the worlds eyes, this is not an impossible situation and that you will will glorifed through this.
Thank you, Lord, for drawing us closer to you. IJN, Amen.

#340969 03/19/02 08:58 PM
L
L
Dear sister, I praise Jesus for sisters like you. Although our strenth fails us, The Lords never will. May we continue to hide in Jesus and trust in Him through our trials that grow our faith in Him.
Dear Lord I know the pain my sister broken feels. I lift her up to you Lord that you would give her more rest in you and hope. I know you will never leave us or forsake us Lord and thats a precious gift in this world. Thank You Jesus that although we cant see it many times, Its all still in your loving gentle hands and you hold us when we are hurting. May your name be glorified thru us here who live the gospel with our lives and stands. For as you have forgiven us and layed your life down for us, so have we towards our mates. None of us here has treated you Lord any better than our mates have treated us, yet you still loved and forgave us. I praise you Lord for never giving up on us.
IJN, Amen

#340970 03/20/02 09:50 AM
P
P
Ah, Brokenspirit, many have been where you are. I gave up many times only to recommit to the Lords plan. Spend time with God, worship Him, seek him, commit to a deeper relationship with Him. Lord, we love you and are willing to submitt ourselves to your ways, for you are perfect, you are love, you are righteous, you are peace, you are just, you are kind, you are the bread of life, you are joy, you are forever before and forever more, you are our all in all, you are our warrior, you are our savior.<p>Keep your focus on Him, Brokenspirit.

#340971 03/20/02 03:56 PM
S
S
Lord,
It can't possibly be your will for Lostpup to suffer over and over. Please Lord, show him your mercy, fill his heart with a sense of peace as he travels down the road of doubt and weariness. Show him you are with him through all his trials, give him a small glimmer of hope, a ray of light in his dark times.
In his heart Lord, lostpup knows you will not fail him, he knows you are there, but needs something to strengthen his will to stand for his marriage. <p>I pray also for brokenspirit, she has suffered for three long years Lord and still does not have her H. Lord, brokenspirit needs you now, be with her as she struggles with her decision about her marriage. Give her some kind of sign Lord, some sign as to what you want her to do !!! Show her that no matter what, she is your child and you love her. Take away any emptiness she feels in her heart and fill her with your love and compassion..... that beautiful peace you give to those who have inner turmoil and sufferance.<p>I ask this in your name Lord
Amen

#340972 03/21/02 09:03 PM
L
L
Thank You Shinobi for your prayers and encouragment. The Lord doesnt promise us an easy road, but He does promise us His Peace. May we all continue to stay close to the Lord no matter what and cry out for Him and His peace.
Today i have Gods peace and rest and that alone is a wonderful miracle and testimony of Gods love for us.
Psalm 34:18-19 The Lord is close to the broken hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers them out of them all.<p>Dear Lord, I pray that out of your goodness you would give us all here at MD your rest in our trials as you work out all the details and deliver our mates from evil. May we learn to trust in your timing, which is the hardest of all to do Lord.
IJN, Amen

#340973 03/21/02 09:47 PM
U
U
I am too giving up....I dont know what else to do. I have tried to get H to come back to us but it seems to be a lost cause. I feel I am wasting my time on trying. I feel for you all, and understand how you may have given up.

#340974 03/22/02 09:31 PM
B
OP Offline
B
p & b,<p>cute name! Thank you for reminding my the Jesus IS the reason for all of our trials. Thank you for your prayers.<p>shinobi,<p>Thank you for your prayers. I long for the peace of Christ. I know that He is molding me and that I am being disobientiant. I must lean on Him and let Him lead my life.<p>Lostpup,<p>You know, I'm not certain, but I believe that God has lead you to this forum to encourage all of us. Your trial is so difficult, yet you are always there with a word of wisdom. Your focus and desire if of Christ. He WILL bless you, lostpup. Stay strong in the Lord. Thank you for all you've done for me.<p>unloved71,<p>Please share your story with us. The men and woman on this forum understand your pain. Jesus understands your pain. Give it to Him. Vent to us. We are hear to help you through this.<p>To all,<p>Well, as ususal, the Lord has touched my heart with love for my husband. Although there are no *worldly* signs of restoration (quite the opposite), He has given me a love that will not go away. I will do my best to let God mold me and change me, and do my best to be patient and wait on the Lord. No one knows what tomorrow may hold, but the Lord holds my tomorrow and that is all I need.
I am VERY blessed. I have a wonderful daughter. Wonderful family and friends. I have shelter and food and clothing. We are healthy. And most of all, God lives in us and loves us. I Am blessed.<p>Give your lives to God, and see what kind of miracles happen.<p>In His Name.

#340975 03/23/02 06:03 PM
L
L
Broken, I see the Lord does the same with you. when you want to give up, the love in your heart grows. No matter how bad things are. Ive tried to hate my W, but i cant. I get angry sometimes, but it doesnt last long. She is deceived and taken captive by the enemy. I pray the Lord would continue to love them thru our hearts and heal our wayward mates of their waywardness and give them eyes to see thru the lies and deception. IJN Amen
Mark

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 528 guests, and 79 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation