Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
OP Offline
F
After 6 months of being seperated from my husband he has told me that he has been pretending that we could sort things out, so I that I wouldn't stop him seeing the kids (although my daughter won't see him). I have become a Christian since my husband and I parted, and it is like someone has turned on a light....even though he used to hit me and mental toture was horrid. I now know I want to be the loving wife I never was to him, I love him with all my heart and soul. He has been flirting with various women on the net, but one called Angel is apparantly coming to England they are just very close friends at the moment but I get the feeling if she does come over more will happen....I found out all this today, silly as I am I invited a man round that I met off the net, it could have been awful but the kids woke up so he left... What should I do I love my husband should I give up???

K
K
f-h-l<p>It appears that there are a lot more issues here that need to be dealt with. I would strongly recomend MC. If you could find a pro M counselor in your area that would be great or I have talked with Steve from MB, he has been very helpful. The c takes place over the phone so it is very convenient. You H definately needs to show change before coming back into your home since he used to hit you, etc, IMO. If you want your M back I would say no more "looking", and you are very lucky your kids woke up. Please don't do anything you will regret. Each person is different, but if you look within yourself and see what you really want don't let circumstance veer you off course. Again I strongly recomend a good marriage counselor. Good luck to you and my prayers are with you. You also now have an advantage since becoming a Christian, you can know the Lord and His will for you life, so spend as much time in prayer and Bible reading as possible, it will bless you.<p>knight

F
OP Offline
F
I have been doing counselling through my church, my husband had just one session on his own and refuses to have more. He said he only went to keep me sweet for him seeing the kids. It seems my husband is only happy if I am agreeing with everything he wants, the minute I say no to something he says I have not changed. Which I find as a great insult because I have worked on myself with my counsellers and God. I have a fantasic support network within my church. I just wonder if wanting my marriage is something God does not want me to have, and the thought of that breaks my heart.

K
K
The thought of God not wanting you to be married to your H is from the Devil. Even Jesus said that a H and W are one flesh, so let not man seperate what God has joined together. Look to the Word to see what God says about your M. <p>Blessings to you,
knight

F
OP Offline
F
Thank you knight?mare
I really needed to hear that. I guess I just have to keep praying for my husband to come, and for him to let God into his heart.

L
L
Faith-hope-love:<p>What Knight says is true. All you really need to do right now is draw closer to Jesus. He desires that with you. CLING TO THE CROSS. Everything else in your life will be worked out in HIS time and in HIS way.<p>Yes, pray for your H to find Jesus....to desire to know him, to repent of his sins, too! God wants that of all His creatures. In the meantime, seek God's will for you in His Word. He will speak to you through it, He will comfort you through it, He will teach you to be a Godly W through it!! AND He will help you resist temptation.<p>God Bless you, new little "sister"

F
OP Offline
F
Thank you lupolady<p>I truely know without God in my life I would have gone mad by now! All the people on here with their stories, replies and support keep me going too, it somehow lets me know there is still hope for my marriage. <p>Thank you all.

F
OP Offline
F
Please continue to pray for the reconsilation of my marriage. My love for my husband seems to be growing stronger (is this normal?). It will be our wedding anniversay on 6th May (13yrs) would love it if we could be back together before then.

K
K
Lord Jesus, I thank You that You are giving f-h-l a deeper love for her H. You know the condition of her heart and that of her H. Since it is Your will that H and W be not seperated I ask that You would reunite this couple in Your M covenant. <p>Blessings to you,
knight

F
OP Offline
F
Thanks knight?mare<p>Your prayer was wonderful, please keep on praying for my husband and me...The encouragement I get on this site keeps me going along with the support of my church.
God Bless

K
K
[img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img]

F
OP Offline
F
Please keep up the prayers, for me and my husband they are badly needed. I have been on a real low last few days and I am finding it really hard.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 1,039 guests, and 79 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation