Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#341140 04/01/02 06:13 PM
M
OP Offline
M
I want to start by saying that I love my husband more than he realizes. My husband and I have two beautiful little girls, one of which is from a previous relationship. My husband is brilliant, charming, and sweet. He would give the shirt off of his back for anyone. Anyone that is, except for me. He seems to think that I have no feelings, and he can put me last to everyone he knows, and even people he doesn't. Currently my husband is unemployed, and finds every reason in the book to not find a job. We do not have a place to live, and before I left last night, my husband my two children (5years, and 9months), and I stayed in one room of a two bedroom apartment of a friend of his. I am not fond of this friend, who is an alcoholic, and stayed only because I love my husband. My husband is in need of a recomitment to God. He claims to be saved, but he isn't following the Word of God. He is doing things that a Godly man should not do. He is somewhat abusive, neglectful, and unloving. He claims he loves me, and tells me that every day, but he won't stand up for me when I am verbally attacted by the "roommate". He puts complete strangers before his family. I need Gods perfect intervention. I know and trust that if I put this in God's hands He will take care of everything. I know that God hates divorce. I know that there is strength in numbers. I am hoping to get as many people praying for my precious family as I can. The more prayer the better. Any advise would be appreciated also.

#341141 04/01/02 08:27 PM
A
A
Lord jesus i pray that you would strengthen her family. touch her husband lord and help him to love his wife like he never has before. I pray that the whole family would have a spiritual uprise and be closer to you than ever before. Lord help this family and let your will be done as in heaven. in jesus name i pray Amen.. My wife sometimes shows me no afeection. Maybe if you started a job your husband would realize that you can't lead the house and that he should, and he would go out and get a job, so you can have your own house. I hope this helps i'm praying for you.

#341142 04/02/02 04:19 AM
S
S
Hi there Jen,
You are in a hard situation at the moment. Do you have any family or closer friends around you who would be prepared to take your family in until you are back on your feet?
I kind of get the feeling that this "friend" of your husbands isn't good for your family at this point. His alcoholism and verbal abuse are something that YOU DO NOT DESERVE. Nor do your tiny innocent children. You and them should come first Jen. The fact that H is out of work would be a strain on your relationship, without the trials of his friend added.
You need to care for you..... and you need to care for H, but he also needs to see that you and the children are not comfortable in the environment that you are in now. Jen, strangers should not be first for him. I hope that you and H can really talk this through.
Lord,
Please protect this family who are going through a difficult time at the moment. Keep them together, loving each other, but Lord, please keep them safe from verbal abuse and insult. Protect their hearts at this time, especially Jen and her two children. Lord, protect Jens heart from feeling neglected, fill her with your love and peace, allow her to be content in the knowledge that you will look after her no matter what happens.
Lord, let something good come along for this family, give her husband the will and strength to find work... or to realise that they need a stable environment for those children. Allow him to see that his friend is not good for the family and let him see Jens hurt.
Bring them through this trial Lord, in your name we thankyou.
Amen<p>
Hope you are ok jen.
Steph

#341143 04/02/02 11:04 AM
M
OP Offline
M
Talked with him last night, and he told me that if I don't come back then he is moving out of town. I am going to move to a shelter, but unfortunatley to be considered important you have to be a bloody pulp before they will admit you into a woman's shelter. I don't want to go where there are men in the shelter, that will put more undue stress on me. I need a safe haven to go to. My mother right now is helping me find a place to stay since I can't stay with her until I get on my feet. If I go to a shelter, I can at least qualify for housing. I so very much love my husband. I want more than anything for my marraige to be truly blessed by the Lord. I know that He can do it. It is so hard to go through though.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 294 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation