Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
F
OP Offline
F
I subscribe to the Charlyne cares messages everyday: So here is what I am going to try and do:-
Has your stand reached a stand-still? We have a suggestion. For the
next seven days give only good reports about your spouse. That
includes church friends, standers' groups, by mail, and yep, even on
the Internet. It does not matter what he/she is doing/saying/threat-
ening, you can find a good report in there somewhere. After all, you
chose that person to be your spouse. You might allow, "God is moving"
to be a standard reply when asked about your mate. We encourage you
to try walking backward until it becomes a habit.<p>"Why should I?" There are three good reasons:<p>* It would honor God.
* You will feel better when you're not carrying around all that stuff,
* Reports do filter back to us prodigals.
So if you could all support and pray for me in this I would be grateful. I will add one post a day on a good thing about my husband (Paul).<p>First one........he is a very loving man.

L
L
F-H-L<p>I subscribe to that series, too!! Let's do this together, 'k? Although I already "fell" today and talked trash about my WH. [img]images/icons/frown.gif" border="0[/img] Help me do better this week, Lord.<p>Let's keep this thread going to the top all week doing this! Good idea to start it!<p>My WH (Robert) has a very compassionate nature. Always trying to help someone in need.

F
OP Offline
F
Thank you for your response lupolady:<p>Great idea to do this together, I'll admit I also fell down a little today. But we shall manage it together, lets hope it becomes a habit.<p>God Bless

F
OP Offline
F
This is hard, when you are feeling so low to do this (but I am going to do it).
My husband (Paul) is a hard worker and does jobs the best he can.
Pheww I got there......in addition to this please could you pray that by some miracle only God can do we are back together by the 6th May, as it will be our 13th Wedding Aniversary.

S
S
Ok, here goes, My husband Randy is a hard worker and has a good heart!!! There, that wasnt too hard.

L
L
I also have suscribed to Charlyne Cares for about 3 years now. Yeah i saw the message. Let me see. My Wife is precious to the Lord.
Mark

L
L
My WH is Loved By God.....and has the capacity to love deeply. I've seen him show God a deep love for Him before. I pray it comes out in WH again soon.

F
OP Offline
F
Hi everyone it is great to see what you are writing about your spouses!!!
My husband (Paul) is a good father to our children!!<p>Joanne

L
L
Yes, this IS fun!! Lots of good comments, and definitely better than listening and listing all the negatives all the time.<p>My WH is a very bright guy, and picks up concepts quickly. Very good "street smarts."<p>God Bless all who are in pain this day due to WS's behavior.

F
OP Offline
F
I was un-sure wether I should put this good point about my husband (Paul) or not, but here goes it is one of the many thing I really miss about him and my marriage at the moment. He is a very good and considerate lover.

F
OP Offline
F
Come on you lot where are your good posts about your spouses?
My husband (Paul) is a very clever man, he has been tested by Mensa and is in the top 2% of the population. But he does not use this to lord it over people or be-little them. <p>I pray that God is talking to Paul and he is listening, and satan is having to let go his hold on Paul.
Amen

L
L
<strong>Come on you lot where are your good posts about your spouses?</strong>
Sorry, couldn't log on yesterday. Would it be OK to list 2 today, then? [img]images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0[/img] <p>MY Wh isn't all THAT "smart" (I mean MENSA smart), but he's quite intelligent, and can build anything he wants....just needs to think about it awhile, and then build it!!! Doesn't even need blueprints!! Drives me crazy sometimes.<p>Second thing (since I missed a day, I need to make up!!), my WH is a great lover, too.....always very kind, considerate and patient. Umm, don't need to add HOW JEALOUS I am of ow having this aspect of him now! [img]images/icons/mad.gif" border="0[/img]

Originally posted by f-h-l: <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr><strong>I pray that God is talking to Paul and he is listening, and satan is having to let go his hold on Paul.
Amen</strong><hr></blockquote>
Thanks, f-h-l,
I agree with this prayer. Lord, please speak to ALL our WS's, and have satan LET LOOSE of them!!! TODAY!!!!! JESUS HAS NEED OF THEM IN HIS KINGDOM, AND THEY BELONG TO HIM. Bought and paid for.
Amen

F
OP Offline
F
lupolady great to see you posting again!!!!<p>My husband can be a very generous man, when we split up he only took clothes from the house and not even all of those, everything else he left for me and the kids. <p>I love my husband very much, and would love you to all pray that he returns home soon...<p>[ April 12, 2002: Message edited by: faith-hope-love ]</p>

L
L
My wife has a very big heart. Its hard for her to face things she has done without breaking down and crying. She is acually a joy to be around. I miss her...
Mark

L
L
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by faith-hope-love:
<strong>
My husband can be a very generous man, when we split up he only took clothes from the house and not even all of those.</strong><hr></blockquote><p>Oh, f-h-l,<p>THIS IS SO FUNNY!!! MY WH DID THE EXACT SAME THING!!!! <p>WHAT IS UP with these "aliens?"<p>Anyway, My H has a great sense of humor. At least I thought he did. When we were dating, he kept me in stitches for HOURS with his funny stories and jokes....lots of one-liners. He throws them out at the weirdest times....sometimes we'll be having a "discussion" with someone over a serious subject, and he'll just throw in a "silly" comment. Reallly cracks me up!!!
Like, "He's ONE sandwich short of a loaf, isn't he?" but only I could hear it...and I'll laugh.<p>A funny guy. I guess that's why it's so sad to see him SO unhappy and ANGRY right now.

L
L
Hmmm, I wonder what happened to this thread?<p>I thought we were going to post 7 positive things about our WS's. Did everyone run out of things to list?!?! <p>Anyways, I counted six, so I need one more:<p>WH (Robert) has a very gentle nature....always "feeling" others' pain (he truly has tried to "protect" me from the pain through all this.....if that be possible).<p>C'mon everyone, if you haven't posted 7, then you're not done!!

F
OP Offline
F
[QUOTE]Originally posted by lupolady:
[QB]Hmmm, I wonder what happened to this thread?<p>I am still with it lupolday..........<p>After I had had both our children, having the second was worst than the first. My husband (Paul) said he never wanted to put me though that pain and agony again (I had very difficult births), so even though he was so young he said he would fight to get a vasectomy so he would never have to put me through that again. I thought that was such a loving caring thing to do!!
<p>How about we try another week on saying good things about our spouses, what do you think????

L
L
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by faith-hope-love:
<strong>
How about we try another week on saying good things about our spouses, what do you think????</strong><hr></blockquote><p>Uh, ok. I guess we can try!! I don't know if I wouldn't be rehashing some of the same old things over and over, but I'll try. Not sure I could do seven.......let's just see what happens.<p>Interesting post, this. My WH had a vascectomy at a fairly young age, too!! But not for the same reasons. He did his because he had HAD his two sons, and didn't want to have any more. As he described it to me: "I was such a terrible father. I didn't want to chance doing it to any more kids...inflicting them to ME as a dad." Isn't that sad?? Truthfully, he's a WONDERFUl, loving dad........just didn't know how!! (no example to follow).

F
OP Offline
F
lupolady, believe me I will find this hard too, but I think it might be a good habit to get into....<p>The church I go too now is the church my husband (Paul) and I got married in. Paul started going to this church when I was having our daughter, he became a Christian and I found it all very odd. Paul's Christian values are still there deep down in him waiting for God to re-awaken them. But the good thing about this is that because Paul went to this church and we got married there. Since Paul and I split up, for a number of reasons the most strongest being I think God wanted it, I started to attending this church again. I have my counselling throught the church and in December a became a Christian. So something good has come out of Paul leaving infact many good things have happened. But now I long for us to be re-united in marriage and Paul to be re-united with God.....

F
OP Offline
F
When my husband (Paul) and I were together, he always took care of me when I was ill. I couldn't believe anyone could be so caring and considerate, because when he was ill I never really took care of him. But time after time when I was ill, he just looked after me. <p>Now, I pray that God willing, I get the chance to look after him when he is ill...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,254 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation