Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#341474 05/26/02 12:02 AM
B
Bgentle Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I really need this, and I thought of the wonderful promise that when two or more are gathered ... Could some of you "gather" on this idea and pray me through this:<p>I am having a real problem lately with trying to do everything in my own strength. While I in no way believe that God has chosen to have my WH enter an affair, I do believe that there are lessons He wants me to learn through this experience, and this is the one I'm having the most trouble learning.<p>Right after Dday, I had no strength and I cast it all on the Lord, and the comfort was amazing. But as I heal, I am trying to do it all on my own again. So I admit to you, I need the help of fellow Christians to get this lesson.<p>Thanks.

#341475 05/26/02 06:49 AM
M
M
Dear BGentle:
I know so well what you mean by doing things on your own strength instead of trusting God to take care of everything. Somehow I feel it is a mission for me to convince my H that he is heading down the wrong road that leads to destruction. And I know prayer is the most powerful tool we can use and such a blessing. <p>This tragedy in my life has definately brought me to a closer relationship with God, to trust solely on him and given me a deeper compassion for others. The bond I have with my children is so much deeper, a true blessing. I am trying now to focus on what God wants for me not putting all my energy into my H. I think about 2 oxen pulling a cart, but our H is the other oxen who is very sick, and we are carrying such a heavy load and dragging our H with us. We need to hand over our H to the greatest healer of all, God, and not carry the load ourselves.<p>I am praying for you and your H. Please email me (kimytav@juno.com)and we can come together as two or more, and watch the miracles take place in our lives. It will happen. I believe it.<p>God bless you and your family, Kim...

#341476 05/26/02 11:16 PM
B
Bgentle Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Thanks, Kim.<p>Right now I really need the anonymity and my email is not anonymous, but we can talk here.<p>Sometimes it feels like it would be easier to deal with a separation than a WH only here in body. What do you think?

#341477 05/28/02 04:47 AM
M
M
Dear BGentle
I can imagine how you feel because my H stayed for a month while I knew he was having a A. He would spend Sat. with me and the kids, then get showered and dressed to go see the OW. He was also miserable around me, so cold, and his desire was to be around the OW.<p>Now that we are separated, I do have such a peace and freedom from his perfectionism and angry outbursts. Also not knowing where he is or what he is doing helps relieve the pain. I actually redecorated the house to my liking. For the kids, it was very painful. I do miss my old H the way he used to be. It was hard also when he took the kids for the weekend and I was totally alone. <p>Is you H planning to leave you for the OW or does he just want to have a mistress on the side? I know I couldnt live like that. I have made new friends, doing things for myself I had never done, trying to move on the best I can.<p>Today I meet with my H with a councellor. He wants it for the kids not for reconciliation. I am praying that God's hand is in this.<p>God bless,
Kim...

#341478 05/28/02 08:43 AM
F
F
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Bgentle:
<strong>I really need this, and I thought of the wonderful promise that when two or more are gathered </strong><hr></blockquote><p>I hoped that promise would save my marriage too Bgentle, but now I am not so sure that is what it means!!! We have to accept God's will, that is what I am finding hard, I love my husband (he's been gone 8 months), but even though I read in the bible God hates divorse etc, I am not sure he is going to save my marriage.

#341479 05/29/02 02:07 PM
J
J
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by faith-hope-love:
<strong><p>I hoped that promise would save my marriage too Bgentle, but now I am not so sure that is what it means!!! We have to accept God's will, that is what I am finding hard, I love my husband (he's been gone 8 months), but even though I read in the bible God hates divorse etc, I am not sure he is going to save my marriage.</strong><hr></blockquote><p>Don't give up yet. What you said is right we do need to except God's will and that God will never force an individual to do anything. I believe we also need to except God's timing. It may be God's will for you to eventually move on but God may be working things in your husband's life even if you don't see any change. Just keep praying and keep your eyes on God and He will pull you through and give you strength no matter what happens. I will be praying too.

#341480 05/30/02 03:22 PM
L
L
I am fairley new at this also but I found a book in the store its called Have you felt like giving up lately? Its about god answering prayers this gave me a little insite on what is instaled for me . so keep praying it does help

#341481 05/31/02 06:23 AM
B
B
Bgentle,<p>Have you by any chance found or have the book by Stormie OMartian called "Power Of A Praying Wife"?<p>Wal-mart carries them for about 7.00 and it is a wonderful book! <p>I will be praying for you as I do for all hurting WS/BS on this board. I consider you all my "friends" now. I even started praying for my WH "OW". It's hard but it has released alot of torment inside me. I do not hate her (I don't know her well enough to hate her), I simply hate her involvement in my marriage and the 3 years that she has been a distraction for my WH.<p>Learn all you can on here. Study this site thoroughly and read books recommended on here. Each day will get a little easier yet you will still have the down times. When i hit them, I pray harder. I am working on me and taking care of me and growing my relationship with GOD is my saving grace in this most painful time of my life.<p>(((((HUGS)))))

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (NewEveryDay), 1,357 guests, and 77 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation