Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
I
inhope Offline OP
OP Offline
I
My husband and I have been seperated since the end of April and will be officially divorced the end of July. This was not my choice, in fact I had no choice at all. I came home and he was gone.

We have since started counseling and have both committed to work on the marriage and reconcile. (even though he will not cancel the final divorce hearing) He was very angry when we parted yesterday and I have not heard from him since. I am really scared.

I am truly in love with my husband. We just can not get along and there is so much hurt and anger present that it makes it difficult to have a calm discussion.

Please pray with me that my husband will open his heart and mind to forgiveness and compassion. We desperately need God to take over our marriage and touch our lives like never before. I am praying for the strength to allow God to guide our marriage and the guidance to do what God wants me to do.

I am feeling hopeless and empty. I am very depressed. I have never felt this numb. I feel that I am at the end of a dead end road and can't turn around.

I'm praying for God to work a miracle on my marriage and on myself. I can not cope with my situation and my emotions.

Will you please pray with me?

Thanks to all,
inhope

S
S
Dear Heavenly Father, I come before you and lift this couple up to You, along with so many others.
Lord You created us, You created marriage, it is not You who separates us, please may your mighty and powerful hand be on this marriage. Lord please remove the anger and the pain from these two people that they may get through this battle.
Open their eyes and hearts to receive Your love at this time. Lord you are a God of miracles and we are asking you for one now. I come against satan and all his evil schemes to destroy this marriage, in Jesus mighty and powerful name, I ask you Lord Jesus to put your hand upon this couple and give them the hearts and mind of You, that this battle will be won! In Jesus mighty name I pray! Amen

Hang in there, God is awesome and will answer your prayers! God Bless you!
Monika

C
C
Praying for your marriage right now

L
L
Inhope,
I'm sorry I didn't see your post till now. Below is part of a prayer a dear sister sent me, and I pray it OUT LOUD every day for WH and myself. I hope you find comfort in its Words.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I thank you, Father, that you are giving us one heart, putting a new spirit within (Spouse's Name)____________ and taking away the stoney heart and giving Him/Her a heart of flesh. (Ezekiel 11:19, 36:26) I thank you that you are putting your spirit within _______________ and cause Him/Her to walk in your statutes.
I thank you and praise you, Father, that _________________ walks by the Spirit; He/She does not fulfill the lust of the flesh. (Galatians 5:16) I thank you, Father, that you are hedging up _______________'s ways with thorns, making a wall, so all wrong influences will lose interest and leave. He/She will not find His/Her path to anyone else but me (His/Her Wife/Husband) and to you Lord.

I thank you that your goodness brings _______________ to repentance. (Romans 2:4) I thank you, Father, that you are healing us. (Hosea 6:1) I thank you Father , that you are speaking tenderly to ____________'s heart. (Hosea 2:14) I thank you that ________________ will respond to me better than when we first dated. (Hosea 2:15) He/She will call me his Wife/her Husband, never again to say or think "Ex-Wife"/"Ex-Husband" (Hosea 2:16-17), and we will renew our wedding vows and be betrothed forever. I thank you, Father, that we will be betrothed to You in stability and faithfulness and cherish You. I thank you that _______________ will acknowledge His/Her offense and feel His/her guilt, and that we also feel your forgivenss and cleansing and understand that there is no condemnation for those that are in Christ JESUS. He/She will seek your face; He/She will seek, inquire for and require you earnestly. "Come let us return to the Lord, for He has torn that He may heal; He has stricken that He may bind up." (Hosea 5:15, 6:1)

I thank you, Father, that we are one flesh and one in the spirit, that I am ______________'s companion and the Husband/Wife of our covenant made by our marriage vows. (Malachi 2:14) I thank you that ____________'s spirit is controlled by your Spirit. (Malachi 2:16) I thank you, Father, for sending your Word and healing our marriage and delivering us from all the destructions. (Psalms 107:20)

In the name of Jesus, I am ___________'s beloved, and His/Her desire is toward me only. (Song of Solomon 7:10) I thank you, Father, that the gates of Hell are not prevailing against me and our marriage & family; for I am the Church, and Jesus said no gate or circumstance from Hell would prevail against me. (Matthew 16:18) Therefore, the Word of God is prevailing in all circumstances in ____________'s and my marriage according to Acts 19:20 where the Word of God prevailed mightily, in Jesus' Name. Father, I thank you that because _______________ and I are both reconciled to Jesus by the blood of His cross, that _____________ and I are also reconciled back to each other regardless of anything we have said or done to each other in the past in Jesus' Name. (Colossians 1:20-22)

And now, O Lord, You are confirming forever the word, which thou hast spoken concerning ______________ and me and our marriage & family, and I believe that You are doing as you have spoken. Now, therefore, I pray that it might please You to bless our marriage and it shall continue before you forever; for you have promised and with blessings shall the house of ______________ and ______________ be established forever in Jesus' Name. (II Samual 7:25, 29)

I thank you, Father, that many waters have not quenched ________________'s love for me, neither have floods drowned it in Jesus' name. (Song of Solomon 8:7)

I thank you, Father, that you surround me with favor as with a shield, and therefore I have favor in _________________'s eyes above every man and woman on earth in Jesus' name. (Psalms 5:12) No weapon formed against our marriage has prospered or shall prosper and every voice raised against our reconciliation, we pray You are showing to be wrong Lord, in Jesus' name, for this our heritage. (Jeremiah 1:12) I thank you, Father, that you are speedily avenging your Word in our marriage & family in Jesus' name. (Luke 18:8) I thank you, Father, for showing yourself strong on behalf of my marriage and reconciliation with ________________, for I am perfect in Jesus. (II Chronicles 16:9)

I praise you, Father, in Jesus' name for restoring to ________________ and me everything the enemy has stolen, and I thank you and pray that I see everything restored with the portions that You desire (Isaiah 6:7, Joel 2:25) and everlasting joy will be ours. Satan cannot overcome us for you have given us a mouth and wisdom that the enemy cannot gainsay or resist in Jesus' name. (Luke 21:15)

I thank you and praise you, Father, for giving ______________ wisdom and understanding which has completely delivered Him/Her from the alien men and women who once had flattering words, from emotional soul ties, and anything else that keeps him/her out of fellowship with You. Lord, you are righteous. You have cut asunder the thick cords of flattery, spiritual darkness, lust , adultery, greed, divorce, strife, incompatibility, bitterness, unforgiveness, and all physical and emotional attractions and attachments by which Satan had enslaved my Husband/Wife using the alien men and women or anything else. (Proverbs 5:19, Psalms 124:4)

Heavenly Father, according to your Word in Galatians 3:13, Jesus has freed me from the curse of the law by being made a curse for me. Since that is true, I refuse the curse of the law as described in Deuteronomy 28:30 of having my betrothed Husband/Wife lay with another. I also refuse the curse of a confused mind in my husband/wife. I thank You for the blood of Jesus, and the word of my testimony is this: "My Husband/Wife ____________ lays with ONLY me in Jesus' name. Father, I pray that he/she would submit his/her life to You, Lord, In Jesus’ name.

AMEN AND AMEN
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hope this brings comfort to all who read it and pray it.

Praise God mightily! \o/

M
M
Dear In Hope: I pray your marriage and love is restored. I pray that God will soften the heart of your H and you so that there will be peaceful communication and a strong union bond. God bless, Kim..

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (SadNewYorker), 910 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation