Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#341794 08/05/02 11:15 AM
J
jw_dup1 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
My husband just got fired today. While this may be difficult on us financially (if he can't find another job soon) it could possibly be the first big step in saving our marriage. Please pray that he will stay in God's will on this and get a job that God wants him to have.

#341795 08/06/02 03:51 PM
P
P
My prayers and thought are with you and your family.
Remember that God only give us what we can handle and at times like this is when we need to show each other that he has not left us even though we feel like he has but he is there and he is watching.

#341796 08/08/02 05:58 PM
L
L
Shortly after I discovered my HA he was let go from his job....Looking back it was the best thing that could have happened because it forced him and myself to look at the issues that surrounded the failure of our marriage. He has just found a new position and hopefully his self esteem will improve. It's only by the grace of God that we are able to offer our problems up to Him. Pray together it will do wonders for your emotional needs. Hang in there!

#341797 08/17/02 11:29 PM
H
H
I need all prayers I / we can get to save my marriage and my wifes forgivness.. :'(

#341798 08/17/02 11:32 PM
H
H
PS - JW you and your family are in my prayers! Good luck.. Remeber "If God brings you to it, He can bring you through it"

#341799 08/26/02 11:16 AM
J
jw_dup1 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Thank you everyone and please continue praying. My husband still hasn't found a job (or even looked for a job). In many ways our marriage is better but if he continues to not do anything it will put more strain on our marriage.

I truly believe that it was God's will that he got fired. I have prayed about our marriage and his job many many times. I was praying for him when he went into work and I asked God to let His will be done. He came home fired. (I have always believed that my husband went against God's will when he took that job and I told him how I felt but also told him that only God could tell him for sure).

Now our marriage has improved so much and our understanding of each other has improved so much. I still get angry with him about not looking for a job but it is nothing like the problems we used to have. And I thank God for that!

#341800 08/29/02 05:02 PM
L
L
Thank the Lord that you & your husband are getting closer. I am praying for God's will to be done in your lives and in husband's job situation, for the Lord to provide the right job position for him. God Bless!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 822 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation