Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
Dear friends, I am in need of prayer, as I feel the Lord is putting it on my heart to contact my WS. We have been apart for 7 years this Nov. I've only seen him twice in all that time. I have contacted him by phone and sent the odd birthday card, but only at the Lord's prompting. Other than that, there has been no contact from him, he lives with OW in another province.
The Lord has throughout these years given me many signs and promises to restore this marriage, I stand on those promises, and wait on the Lord.
The other morning I felt like God was telling me to write my WS a letter. I thought to myself, these could be my own thoughts here so I'll leave it alone until God makes it very clear. So this morning, I just happened to email someone explaining this, and once I sent it, I checked my emails and had received an email from Rejoice Ministries, asking whether or not I would tell my spouse of my stand? Well it totally blew me away, and it went on to talk about how it affected her WH when she did tell him. I believe the Lord is wanting me to do this. I want to as well, especially if the Lord wants it. I just need prayer because I'm a little scared.
I know He is with me, and I need not fear, but I need Him to show me what exactly to write!
I dream of my marriage being restored, and the prospect of WH turning around and coming home is awesome but the reality is really scary too.
I guess I'm just afraid of more rejection. How do I get through that?
I know some of you are on the road to recovery, was it scary when it first started? The fact that I haven't seen him and he really doesn't know who I've become is the freaky part.
I know I am becoming who God wants me to be and I do trust Him, I have faith in the Lord to get me through all of it, but I just need to get my head around this one...
Sorry for rambling on, but I just need to release this stuff! Please pray and if you have any words of encouragement, please send them on!
God Bless,
Monika

G
G
Monika,
I will pray that you find peace in God's direction for your life. Ladysing

S
OP Offline
S
Thankyou Ladysing...
God Bless you!

K
K
Monika,

I pray the Lords strength and direction for you.

I am almost to the 5 month mark and things are still a little scary, but in the last week I trust my W more and don't fear her running again. When she first got back my expectations were higher as to our recovery so that was a let down but the Lord is getting us tru and we are seeing my w having less anxiety.

God speed,
knight

L
L
Praying for the Lord to give you clear direction according to His perfect will. God Bless!

S
OP Offline
S
Thankyou for your prayers, I really appreciate it.
I have the letter written, now I will just wait on the Lord to know when to send it. I am not 100% sure that what is written is what I am supposed to send, but I will rely on the Lord to let me know that too!
I have another prayer request though and will post it under, May see my WS this week. Thanks so much for your prayers, they are so needed!
It's great to know there are people out there you can count on to pray!
God Bless, Monika

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,254 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation