Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#341906 10/01/02 12:21 AM
S
OP Offline
S
1) My friend has been divorced for less than a year. She still loves her H, he has been living with someone for the past 3 or 4 months. She has seen some hope before H moved in with OW. She has recently been through a cancer operation, and is now going through chemo therapy. She has just met a fellow that she likes, but he is not a Christain. Just from talking to her, I can tell that she really loves her H, but won't take him back unless she sees a clear change from the Lord. This new fellow is treating her nice, and that is what she is wanting from her H. Today she informed me that her H is moving back to her town, and actually wants to move in with her, has left OW. She said no.
She is really frightened, I don't blame her, but she really does want the Lord's will.
Let's pray that the Lord will soften both their hearts. They both need a heart change. I really believe God is going to restore their marriage, but satan is working against it, and because they have both walked away from the Lord in the past, they are weak. She has recently recommitted her life to Christ, but is very confused about her relationships.

2) She also asked me to pray for a little girl named Josie, she is 7, is in a coma, they don't seem to know what the problem is, but believe she is dying. Please pray that the Lord will heal this child, and please pray for the family to be comforted at this time.

3)I also have a pray request for a couple I know in BC, they are seniors, he has cancer, they have stopped the Chemo, don't think he can handle it, and she has a rare lung disease and has very little time to live. I think they are both going fast. It is very sad. I talked to them last night and told them how concerned I was for their souls, and shared the Lord. I feel the Lord is leading me to go see them next weekend, it is a 6 hour drive through the mountains, my vehichle is not necessarily reliable. I ask for your prayers that I will be able to make the trip safely, and that the Lord will give me the words to further witness to these people. Pray that their hearts will be open to recieve Jesus Christ! I believe she already has, but am unsure of him. Their names are Don and Rose.

#341907 10/02/02 01:17 PM
M
M
I will keep all these in my prayers.

#341908 10/02/02 06:20 PM
L
L
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Stillwaiting:
<strong>1) My friend has been divorced for less than a year. She still loves her H, he has been living with someone for the past 3 or 4 months. She has just met a fellow that she likes, but he is not a Christain. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Still....

Tell your friend this good advice that a *wonderful* christian lady gave me many years ago: Satan ALWAYS sends his best, just before God sends HIS best.

I believe this woman and her H are going to be reconciled, too. However, I believe satan has sent a little "baubble" to distract her and take her eyes off God's perfect will to try to keep her and her H from reconciling.

God Bless.

#341909 10/03/02 02:37 PM
Z
Z
you are in my prayers

Zoey

#341910 10/03/02 04:43 PM
L
L
Praying and agreeing with you for your 3 requests. God Bless!

#341911 10/07/02 11:38 AM
S
OP Offline
S
Hello my praying friends, thankyou for all your prayers. I'm certain that the Lord is trying to restore my friends marriage, she just needs a wake up call. The advice you gave Lupo, is great I will pass it on to her.

As far as the little girl, I've heard nothing yet.
As far as my friends Don and Rose, I went to see them, I sure felt all the prayers! Thankyou~
this is how my weekend went...
I traveled to Vernon and home, the vehicle was great. I had a wonderful drive through God's glorious creation! I saw my friends Don and Rose on Saturday, spent all afternoon with them, sang to them, shared the Lord with them, and Don as sick as he is, requested that I get his guitar out for him and he played along!
Rose thanked me for that, as Don hasn't played in at least a year, and it made his day. Suddenly a woman came to the door, to give the two of them a pedicure, saw that I had my guitar, and told me to continue, that she'd just join in. So little did I know that she knew alot of the gospel songs I was singing, and turned out to be a Christian! God is good! This made it much easier for me to speak of heaven, and she helped out, it was great. I leaned over to her at one point and said "You know this is a Divine appointment don't you?" She agreed and both Don and Rose were blessed! When she left, she gave me her card, and her business name is "Heavenly Foot Care" I laughed! I knew she was an angel! I am not worried about Rose, I know she has accepted Jesus, she is reading the Book of John which I left for her, and my friend is going to try and get her a large print bible. Don went to bed before I left, and I went in to say goodbye, I asked him if he had accepted Jesus, he said "I'm working on it"
Please continue to pray for him, as I felt that I will not see him anymore. However, I will be calling them at least once a week to stay in touch. I also told him jokingly that I would be bugging him about it! But he has heard the message, he now only has to come to terms with Jesus. Please pray that the Lord will speak clearly to his heart, and that he will be saved.
Thankyou for your prayers! God Bless, Love in Christ, Monika

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (Mature), 468 guests, and 72 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation