Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#341931 10/10/02 08:57 AM
C
caullin Offline OP
OP Offline
C
There is no where to turn. My wife does not love me. I love her with all my heart. She had an affair and I apologise, give compassion, console, and try to make her feel better. She has not offered one consoling word to me. She will go to counseling and spits out a forced Ilove you. But that does not show me anything. I think she is just afraid to leave. I want to die. She is my whole life.

P
P
Im with you Rod...my wife is telling me this same thing...hang in there...are you not meeting her needs? has she met someone else? How long have you been together?

P
P
Ok Rod...so she did have an affair...shes given her heart to someone else...might try Plan B...thats what Im trying...basically step back and away...give her space...I know this is hard and may produce alot of anxiety...wait for her to come to you...stop pursuing her...It goes agaisnt all my instincts but that is what I am trying to do!...you got another place to stay?...thats what Im contemplating...Im not exactly a pro at this because Im learning this as I go...do you have a friend that you can talk to? a church counselor to help you with the depression...trust me I"m there with you!

L
L
I believe that the fact that she is willing to go to counseling and say 'I love you' does mean something. She may not be feeling the love she once felt at this time, but don't give up! Look to the Lord, pour out your heart to Him, He is a refuge for us. God can change her heart and He can restore your marriage! I am praying for you and for God to heal & restore your marriage! God Bless and Keep You!

With God All Things Are Possible!!!

A
A
Father,
In the name of Jesus, I ask that you comfort and strengthen Rod, and you let him know that you are with him, even in his darkest moments, when he thinks there is no more hope. I ask that you sustain him through this difficult period, and that you let his faith continue to stand. Father I ask that you keep him from doing anything that might hinder your work in his wife.
And now I pray for his wayward wife. You said you have loved us with an everlasting love, and you will always draw us to you with your tender mercies. Lord I pray that you draw this woman out of her fog, and open her eyes to see where she has gone wrong. I also pray that you grant her a repentant heart, so that she will have the will to the do right thing.
And I pray also for the many men and women who have requested prayer on this board, that you please meet them at the points of their needs, and let them always know that no matter how dark the night, the sun always rise in the morning. Lord I ask that they will not lose faith in you, in themselves, or in their marriages, but they will cooperate fully with you as you work to help them in their situations.
And, finally, I ask that, whatever the outcomes might eventually be, that you will let it work for your glory, and for their best in the long run.
This I ask in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen

C
caullin Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Thank you for your prayers and kind words. It is nice to know there are still people out there that are good and kind. People who care about people. That means so much in my darkest hour where the world seems to be filled with ugliness. I wish I had the faith that you have. I feel hopeless and beyond redemption. I know God loves me but I can't feel that love right now.

L
L
Continuing to pray for you Rod.

Please continue to write and let us know how you are doing and how things are going. God Bless!

L
L
ROd,

I pray for Rod right now that you give him faith and a hope in the future that his marriage will improve. Give him evidence even right now that they as a couple are making progess in the restoration of their love for one another. Touch this wifes heart and renew her love for her husband. I pray that you give the counselor Godly wisdom in everything that is said. In Jesus name, Amen.

How are you doing?

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,115 guests, and 77 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation