Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
#342023 10/26/02 11:23 PM
L
L
Jonah,

How are you doing?

#342024 10/27/02 02:17 PM
J
jonah Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hey Loyal,
I am struggling still here. The anger is unreal, and i know it not my wife, but the enemy. I am trying to love from a distance which is hard as you know. I've struggled with doing things that i said i would do and have really made an effort to do those things and have been successfully, and i don't expect praise for them, i don't expect grief for them either, which is what i get. It has turned into a power struggle and she holds the keys. She got a letter from the friend in question, who is getting marriage and the envelope is addressed to my kids, and ms....thought it was tacky, wanted address it with her, but i am not the one to make her see that this friendship is not healthy. Why even my kids are questioning it, i try to cast it down to them and tell them that she is really a good friend of there mother's and she really cares for her, but i can see it is wearing thin with them, especially in the light of the envelope. I don't know what i want you to pray for, don't really know what to ask for. I am committing to going to New Warrior in a couple weeks to deal with some emotional issues that i have to deal with.. thanks for your concern. how are things going for you and your wife, you are still in my prayers and i know GOD is using the bad to work for the good in your situation.. be in peace.

#342025 10/28/02 09:25 AM
K
K
What is the Wednesday prayer thing that you are mentioning in here? K

#342026 10/28/02 02:09 PM
S
S
jonah,

God put you and your W on my heart at church yesterday during our worship. Prayed for you through the whole thing almost.

I know meeting the EN's and getting grief for it is a real hard thing to recieve. But I gotta tell you I've been there and it does get better. Your W's not used to getting them met and now there's been a drastic change that she's not sure whether or not it's just a temperary thing ust to get her to warm up to you again or not. Consistancy is the key. I think you're seeing the result in LW's posts. The enemy is feeding her with the thoughts she's getting. You need to show her that what she does won't make you waver from your commitment to the changes you're making in yourself. That you're serious about working on your part. That's Plan A. You make yourself a better husband no matter what. She'll see it and start to rethink her perception of you. When she does that, she'll be more open and receptive to you meeting her EN. Then she'll see that it's safe for her to open up to you and start to mee you're ENs.

It's a long road jonah. You need to pace yourself. Release it and give it to God. He's the fixer of marriages.

Keep us posted. Laterz'

S&C

#342027 10/28/02 02:17 PM
S
S
K,

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">What is the Wednesday prayer thing that you are mentioning in here?</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Every Wednesday a bunch of us fast and pray for marriages and other requests here on the forum. It was started by cajunky. cajunky posts the week's prayer from "The Power of a Praying Husband" and lists those who have asked for prayer as well as answered prayer. Lupolady posts the week's prayer from "The Power of a Praying Wife" also. You'll usually see it at the beginning of the week.

BTW - since you're first post you've been on my prayer list. Let us know how you're doing too ok?

S&C

#342028 10/28/02 04:57 PM
L
L
Jonah,

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I am committing to going to New Warrior in a couple weeks to deal with some emotional issues that i have to deal with.. thanks for your concern. how are things going for you and your wife, you are still in my prayers and i know GOD is using the bad to work for the good in your situation.. be in peace. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I'm going to pray for your W's anger to diminish
and that you will see a breakthrough. I know its hard when you don't see any outside progress. BUT you can't see whats going on in your W mind or spirit. Just the behavior right now. S&C is right on with his last post to you. She needs to believe that your not just trying to manipulate her. I know this PLAN A is REALLY HARD STUFF TO DO. But the best chance that our marriages will survive this hell that were are going through is in OUR HANDS, Jonah

I'm praying for you buddy, hang in there!

PS. just put an update on my thread in Emotional Needs Forum. To answer your question, things are progressing but very very slowly. thx for asking and your continued prayers...

#342029 10/28/02 05:09 PM
C
C
I loved the link that you provided S & C. Sometimes that is all we have to offer when our spouse will not acknowledge us as someone they once cared deeply about. Besides this is exactly how I want to be treated and you know the saying in the bible. Treat people as you want to be treated.

I encourage anyone who wants to join our prayer group for our marriages to come let me know on the thread and we will add your name and pray for your marriage weekly and we want you to pray with and for us weekly too.

Love in Christ
cajunky

#342030 10/31/02 10:52 AM
S
S
Knock knock,

jonah..... you home? Let us know how you're doing?

S&C

#342031 10/31/02 02:17 PM
L
L
Jonah,

Are you OK? I also want to know how you are doing?

#342032 10/31/02 03:21 PM
J
jonah Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I'm still here, fellas hope you continue to lift my marriage up in prayer. Things are going the same, still distant, have been praying though and praying the prayers of Stormie again. She is going out of town with the kids this weekend to see my her family so I'm not sure what that is about. Still hoping for a breakthrough we can both hold on to and for communication to flow better.

#342033 10/31/02 04:06 PM
L
L
Good to hear from you. I will keep praying!

#342034 11/04/02 06:25 PM
J
jonah Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Are you fellas still here with me, wanted to talk to you all.

#342035 11/04/02 07:14 PM
S
S
Yep. Still hang'n around. What's up?

S&C

#342036 11/04/02 10:27 PM
J
jonah Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Just wondering, still here. Trying my best to find some joy in this trial. Feeling powerless and as if there is nothing I can do about our situation and not really knowing if that's right. I know when i surrender to GOD he is in control and that involves me giving it completely to him, I just feeling like gardner waiting for the grass to grow. Please continue to pray for us and for positive breakthrough.

#342037 11/05/02 02:44 AM
S
S
jonah,

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Trying my best to find some joy in this trial.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yep, I know, there are times that you wish it were all over already. The only joy I feel I've seen in this situation are the small victories I find throught this journey and knowing that my God has a wonderful plan for me ahead. I will make some woman happy to be married to me. I hope it will be Mrs. S&C.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Feeling powerless and as if there is nothing I can do about our situation
and not really knowing if that's right. I know when i surrender to GOD he is in control and that involves me giving it completely to him, I just feeling like gardner waiting for the grass to grow.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The path we both take is a long one and the enemy is there to try to get us to stumble at every turn. But I truely find at the times I am at my weakest, is the times that God has been most powerful and most active. The things God as asked me to do is to work on myself so when the time comes, I would be ready. He prefers it when we are helpless. For me, sometimes it was the only way things went forward.

Joy came when I knew I was being obedient to God's will. As I obeyed, He would work miracles and I get to see them unfold in front of my eyes.

I have faith in you my friend. God is making a mighty man in you. You will be victorious. My prayers are with you both everyday.

S&C

#342038 11/05/02 05:22 PM
L
L
Jonah,

Sorry it took me so long to get back. I have not left you and pray for you. </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Please continue to pray for us and for positive breakthrough. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I know what it feels like to look for any indicator that things are progressing in the way you want them to go. Did you go to NEW WARRIOR? What was the outcome?
I want you to know that God has laid you on my heart. I will be here for you as long as it takes.

It takes courage my friend. I believe you have what it takes to make it through this. I feel the Lords presence as I type these words.

Dear Lord, Make a way where there seems to be no way in Jonahs marriage. Speak to his W's heart and breakthrough the barriers that are there. Give Jonah an indicator that you are working and that he is doing all the right things. Give him peace and joy in his heart. Engulf the children and this couple in Your love. Breakdown the barriers that keep this marriage from going to the next step of victory. In Jesus Mighty Name,
Amen.

I am with you, I wish your heart peace tonight. LW

#342039 11/08/02 11:31 AM
J
jonah Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Are you fellas just with me? God is good all the time. Please continue to pray for breakthrough.

#342040 11/09/02 01:17 AM
S
S
Hey Jonah,

I'm hanging around. Just got to work. How's things going?

S&C

#342041 11/08/02 02:46 PM
L
L
Jonah,

I'm here too. Whats happening? LW

#342042 11/08/02 03:16 PM
J
jonah Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Well guys, through some unexpected problems I was priviledged to spend sometime with my wife. I enjoyed it the conversation was better. So I'm praising GOD for that, just hoping that it will continue. Seems easier I was trying so hard but now things are coming naturally, meaning the things I do for you and to help her, she still is resistant at times to show appreciate though. I am still holding on for a breakthrough that both of us will know is from GOD. I was awoken this morning with a prayer rushing from my mouth "GOD renew the spring of our love." I've been trying to figure it out, but it wasn't me for sure, had to be the Holy Spirit in me. Thanks guys

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 369 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation