Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
Every Wed. we pray and fast for one another. Every Weds we can check in and let everyone know we have prayed for the group. Prayer does mighty things and group prayer is even better.

I think it will be great to see how God works in our lives and heals our marriages and us. If you want to pray with us I will be more than happy to add your name to the list below.

Prayer Warriors who are praying and being prayed for: cajunky, Ezra, Willgetthruthis, Godisincontrol, Natasha79, JohnC, NMWBTWBD (Not My Will, But Thy Will Be Done, Wallace, relady, steadfast and committed, morriggs, lupolady, stillwaiting, Broken Hearted, PasDeDeux, hopeful_person, GinnyF, justpeachy, cry2much, SNL, LostAgain (Dave&April), Dodger, gloriachu, LoveNcare, JMF, WEN, NiteHawk, Absurd, LetSTry, AgainsttheWind, cemmerson, getting better, kellidiane, Terrified, BeeLee, idostylin, Resilient, thiscantbehappening, day by day, Jloves, broken x3, Sue with Hope, sunrise1, shepette, Malc, Faithfulwife, timbo-e, Angelia, FeelingAllAlone, broken_joe, dopey, awake, truly a friend, Is it to late, stilltryingtosaveit, landslide, GODBLESSU, vega, LoyalWarrior, janna-m-r, ferbie, epiphOny, simmy, cajeanie, d_rose, lost_lonely, briank4775, mayflower, Caged_Bird, LunaDove, goldielocks109, darwud, Mrs. darwud, Zuzus Petals, adamv, Army Hubby, Gail (mojodiva)& Shane, bonnie five & H, TryingToKeepHope, Hopeful98, lghoping, SoTired (Mike & Trish), evega, Douglas and Kirsi Nielson, Jessicafl27, kimmy2, auntielala, weezy8550, miserynmissouri, STBXWife, sealfan, Jen Brown, LunaDove, SMIAJ, cinderella, day by day, GreggC, trying_to_accept, solon, serenitydipity, ilia, lonejrock, anchorhugger, Prayer & Patience, Chikar, Alex6, Hopeforamiracle, fishlady, rookie, Made A Mess of Things, *DeepSigh*, boden, new comittment, deeplyhurting, jeff15679, Bob Castaldi, k57mo, skottyjay (Scott and Melody), TROD (Tony and Julie), thisso, ladysheep, hurtmorethanheknows, singleguy, tryingTOsaveMYmarriage, Keesley, recovering_dad,

Prayers Answered: Lupolady(air conditioner), Steadfastandcommitted (first string again), cry2much(sucessful surgery), Movingonwithlife(Wife coming home), WGTT(accepted into mentor program), betrayed and desparate (sucessful cancer surgery), Againstthewind (Got job), Free (Marriage Restoration begun ), cajunky (wife not engaged & did something with family, told me she loved me), Stillwaiting (neice is o.k.), Stillwaiting(Got to see her husband for 2 hours and his heart seems to have softened), Steadfastandcommitted (wife gave up other man), janna-m-r (Husband came home and wants to try to restore marriage even though he is the BS), tsc (marriage being restored), Faithfulwife (GOT A JOB, Found a house, D is final and got a puppy that “just LOVES me”), d_rose (got a ways to go but we are going there together.), WGTT (WH coming home), GreggC (wife's heart is softening a bit and son asking about things in the Bible and believes in it), hopeful_person (H seemed more willing to consider a reconciliation),

Thank you everyone that prayed with us and also all of you that gave a praise report. Like many of you all, I like to see the praises to answered prayer. It is a blessing to hear how God is working and helping people get through tough times.

<small>[ September 04, 2003, 01:56 AM: Message edited by: steadfast and committed ]</small>

S
S
S&C,
May God's will be done and may we do what we know to be God's will. I'm with you brother!!
God Bless
singleguy

T
T
S&C,
I am already on the list, AND, I need a special prayer for tomorrow. As I mentioned in other postings, my W was serving me D papers last week. For whatever reason, time, availability, whatever...I was not served. Today, on my way home from work, she calls me and said her atty feels it would be faster if I call him tomorrow and arrange to meet him to have the papers served.

Is it just me, or is this crazy. I don't want a D but I am suppose to see her atty to pickup papers stating my W wants a D. I don't have an atty of my own, fired her, see the Suicide post link below. I have not hired a new atty, figuring if God wants me to work on this M, having an atty misdirects the energy and praying required elsewhere.

NEED ADVICE.
If I have to meet her atty, I want him to know I DON"T WANT A DIVORCE and that I LOVE MY WIFE. I want him to know that I want to work on this M in every and anyway I can. Without going into the TRO case, I want him to know that my then atty told me some things that were said between him and her (confidential) - I know that would cause problems for my x-atty, but...I don't know what to do.

I have to call him at 10:00 AM tomorrow, so ANY rush advice is truly appreciated.

Wanting my marriage to survive,
TTSMM

S
OP Offline
S
TTSMM,

I am definately not the one to give any advice on this issue. I have never been served D papers before. And while I've never been in that situation, What I thnk I would do and what I'd do maybe two different things. Right now I think I would call the atty, tell him/her I don't want a D and I am willing to fight to save my M. Because of that, I doubt that I'd set do any work to see the D happpen (i.e. I wouldn't call the atty to set an appointment). But I'd tell the atty that I wouldn't run from the guy serving me the papers.

Maybe if you posted it under the divorce or general questions, you'll get better responses.

Good luck and God bless you.

S&C

C
C
To all of you,

I'm here, I'm praying.

May God Bless all of you. Cajeanie

R
R
Please add me to your list.

I am desperately trying to save my marriage though wife appears not to want to right now.

Thanks,

S
OP Offline
S
recovering_dad,

I've added you to the list.

TTSMM,

How'z things today?

S&C

T
T
S&C and all,
If you check this link, URGENT - BS Wants Me to Call Her Atty to Pickup D Papers ,you will find out how everything went yesterday. I am still fighting for my M and with God's help and love, and the prayers of those here, my M will be saved.
TTSMM

S
OP Offline
S
I just realized that I was missing a couple of chapters from Power of a Praying Husband and posted them in the wrong order. My apologies to everyone. Here's one that I missed; and to me, it is such an important one at that. I do believe this should be said by both H and W either separately if you have to, but together if you can. Matt 18:19 confirms that this will be a very powerful prayer if you pray together. "If two of you agree on Earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in Heaven".

Chapter 6 – Her Marriage

Marriage can seem like Heaven. Or it can seem like hell. For most people, it’s somewhere in between. That’s because it’s not easy becoming one with another person, even if that person is the one God created especially for you. There is a lot of growing required. But it’s not about causing our mate to grow into our image, it’s about both husband and wife growing into God’s image, together.

Lord, I pray that you would establish in me and (wife’s name) bonds of love that cannot be broken. Show me how to love my wife in an ever-deepening way that she can clearly perceive. May we have mutual respect and admiration for each other so that we become and remain one another’s greatest friend, champion and unwavering support. Where love has been diminished, lost, destroyed or buried under hurt and disappointment, out it back in our hearts. Give us strength to hold on to the good in our marriage, even in those times when one of us doesn’t feel love.

Enable my wife and me to forgive each other quickly and completely. Specifically I lift up to you (name any area where forgiveness is needed). Help us to “be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving,” the way You are to us (Ephesians 4:32). Teach us to overlook the faults and weaknesses of the other. Give us a sense of humor, especially as we deal with the hard issues of life.

Unite us in faith, beliefs, standards of morality and mutual trust. Help us to be of the same mind, to move together in harmony and to quickly come to mutual agreements about our finances, our children, how to spend our time and any other decisions that need to be made. Where we are in disagreement and this has caused strife, I pray You would draw us together on the issues. Adjust out perspectives to align with Yours. Make out communication open and honest so that we avoid misunderstandings.

May we have grace to be tolerant of each other’s faults and, at the same time, have the willingness to change. I pray that we will not live two separate lives, but will instead walk together as a team. Remind us to take time out for one another so that our marriage will be a source of happiness, peace and joy for us both.

Lord, I pray that You would protect our marriage from anything that would destroy it. Take out of our lives anyone who would come between us or tempt us. Help us to immediately recognize and resist temptation when it presents itself. I pray that no other relationship either of us have, or have had in the past, will rob us of anything in our relationship now. Sever all unholy ties in both of our lives. May there never be any adultery, or divorce in our future to destroy what You, Lord, have put together. Help us to never cast aside the whole relationship just because it has developed a nonworking part. I pray that we will turn to You – the Designer – to fix it and get it operating the way it was intended.

Teach us to seek each other’s well-being first, as You have commanded in your word (1 Corinthians 10:24). We want to keep You at the center of our marriage and not expect from each other what only You can give. Where either of us have unrealistic expectations of the other, open our eyes to see it. May we never waver in our commitment and devotion to You and to one another, so that this marriage will become all You designed it to be.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 822 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation