Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#344933 01/31/04 05:57 PM
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 3,830
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 3,830
Hi MB-ers,

I just wanted to share with the group that I'm feeling somewhat sad today, because I found out yesterday that my exH is up to his old tricks again. It was my son's birthday and we all went over to have steak in his honor, and after the meal, my exH wanted my son to watch Howard Stern's Show (which is basically just exploiting women for ratings AND his way of making it as if his SA is okay). Then I started to notice around the ex's house things like posters of women with big boobs, and his web cam set up, and stuff that was marked "private" on top of his desk, and well, you all know...things that aren't obtrusive but that you notice when they are back in their SA illness. I don't know why he tries to "hide" things or mark them "private" because it's not like anyone lives with him anymore, and he is completely free to do whatever--we are divorced after all, so he doesn't need to hide it anymore.

Anyway, I'm sorta sad, because my exH refuses to admit he has a problem...or that the way he views women as sex objects is inappropriate...or seek any help or recovery. In his own words, "Those sex-addicts are sick! I'm not that bad! I don't need any help!"

On the other hand, I am very grateful that he is my EX, and that I no longer need to be involved in or wrapped up in the lies and drama of that kind of existence. I'm happy to say that I now have the freedom to keep working on me and my side of the road, and I'm pleased with the progress I've made and proud of myself for not mentioning what I saw or getting into things I can not control. It's just...well, I'm sad because of course at one point I loved my ex and wished that he wanted to get well. It's sad to see that same old denial and those same old secrets and stuff--you know.

That's it.


CJ

#344934 02/02/04 10:26 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,416
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,416
CJ, i am sorry you are feeling sad. sometimes we just need to let ourselves be sad. it will pass, be sure to be gentle to yourself in the mean time.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 192 guests, and 35 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,661
Posts2,323,619
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0