Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
OP Offline
A
I just wanted to know if you could give me insight on what to pray. You see, I am going to ask my husband to pray with me when we get together to discuss our finances as a way to get the divorce 'over with' (his term) - I love my husband very much and do not want this divorce and pray everyday that something happens that will cause the divorce not to happen. (did that make sense) Please tell me what I can say in a prayer that both can hear together. Thank you so much for your past prayers - and this one. You have been an inspiration to me and my belief that this marriage is worth fighting for. God Bless.

S
S
Dear all,
I have read your post about 20 times, and as I do I have asked God to give me the insight, the wisdom to say what the Holy Spirit wants me to say. It's not the words that are so important, but it's the heart. It's the heart that is broken before the Lord. That's what gets His attention. Lord, I ask that You would touch this marriage in a miraculous way today. Lord, this is not Your plan for these two. You had a family planned, from the moment they said "I do" till one day far into the future, after children, and grandchildren, they would be holding each others hand knowing they had lived a long good life together. Thankful for all the blessings they had enjoyed thru those years. Father God, I ask that You would soften the heart of this man. That You would speak to him night and day with Your infinite wisdom. Send people to minister to him Lord. Father, create circumstances that would cause him to reconsider all that he is giving up. Bring restoration to this family Lord. In Jesus name. Amen

Now for the finances prayer:

Lord, today we have chosen to divide our finances due to our decision to divorce. Help us to be fair with one another. That neither would be selfish or greedy. Let us remember that we have children involved, and that what we do to each other today will affect them both directly, and indirectly for the rest of their lives. How we treat each other will go far beyond what we say to each other. Give each of us a heart that has compassion in our decisions, that we might be fair and equitable with each other as we can be. We ask this in Your name Lord. Amen

All,

Go to www.rejoicemin.org and get a daily email partner that will stand with you for the reconciliation of your marrriage. Also get on the email list so that Charlyene can send you a daily email of encouragement. I too, along with everyone here, will stand with you as well!

God Bless Girl
sg

A
OP Offline
A
Thank you so much! You have a special gift - thanks for sharing it with us!!

S
S
I stand in agreement with single's prayer. I couldn't say it better, so I won't. He has such the knack for words, doesn't he? AMLF, we are all here for you & praying for you. I too pray that this divorce is stopped and your H's heart will be softened. In the meantime, get close to God, develop an intimacy with Him and He will work on things "behind the scenes". Put your trust in HIm and Him alone, not in your H's words or actions. God is in total control here & please remember, He knows what's best for you. Faith is in things unseen, and this is a difficult thing to remember but it is very true. Pray to develop such immovable faith that nothing can touch it! And when you feel like faltering & giving up, DON'T! Pray to God to take away those fears & He will replace those feelings with peace & joy. He will renew your hope & your strength. We're all here for you.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 380 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation