Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#345843 03/26/04 12:46 PM
W
OP Offline
W
I would lik eto have folks please pray for my WAW wife who filed for a divorce and it will be final on April 5th. There are some signs of her heart softning as I do my Plan A, but she has stopped going to church for several months now and is really having atough time with the stress of the divorce. We also have 4 little girls ages 3, 5, 10 and 11. The young ones are really missing thier dad (me) who has been out of the home for 2 months now.

I pray daily and ask that maybe someone can pray for me, my wife and my marriage. I am committed to staying the course for as long as I can and haven't given up on her. I beleive there is no EA's going on with her, I just failed to meet her EN's but otherwise was a good dad and husband. Please pray for her. Her name is Teresa. Thank you.

#345844 03/29/04 12:27 AM
H
H
Wahoodee,

Your name has been added to the Prayer Warrior list and we WILL be praying for your marriage. I am sorry you find yourself in this situation but glad to know that you are searching for help from the One that CAN do something for you. Keep praying and trusting Him. I'll be praying for you.

H98

#345845 04/01/04 10:20 AM
W
OP Offline
W
Hopeful98 and fellow prayer warriors,

Thank you for answering my request for prayers for my W and family. I feel that the Holy Spirit IS working right now very strongly in this situation. Its so hard for me and I struggle daily as does everyone on these boards it seems.

I pick myself up and keep going thgough. I feel that its my cross to bear right now and I have no choice in carrying it. Its so hard sometimes though. The hard part is leaving my 3 and 5 year old kids at night when they ask me to stay and they begin to cry when I put them to bed. Why can't my wife see how hard this is for me? Why can't she see the pain these innocents are in because of this? I pray that God opens her heart to thier suffering. Thats the hardest I think. Ultimately I could live with the pain of a broken marriage but not my kids broken hearts and not being able to help them. Its the most helpless feeling I've ever had.

While I certainly don't want to read anything into this next statement or situation, I feel that perhaps God is holding things back for a time. Time will tell I guess. What I mean is that I found out today that the 30 day waiting period that my W had to wait before filing the final (already signed by her and I) divorce decree was over 3/23/04 and it (the final decree) could have been filed for a week now but hasn't. I know that her attorney contacted her to see how things were going and I pretty sure he asked her if she wanted to move forward since the 30 days had ended.

Again, even though she hasn't pressed forward at this point doesn't mean she isn't going to and it could happen at any moment. I trust that God is holding this up for a reason (prayers perhaps) but I hope that this is a good sign. Again, I don't want to get too hopeful but am looking for any little sign at this point. If it does go forward, I know that God is allowing it either way.

Thank you for praying for us and adding me to the prayer list. It means a lot to know that others are in my prayer camp as I am in thiers.

#345846 04/01/04 11:04 AM
I
I
Wahoodee,

Your post make me feel very sad since your situation is similar to mine. I also have 2 young children, Daughter is 4 and son is 1.5. eventhough I'm not out of the house yet, but my wife has filed for the divorce back in Feb. I pray to the Lord daily and that's what gets me through many tough times. Like yours, mine also shows signs of hope. I'm very skeptical and try not to raise my hope up to high becuase it had happened before.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that there are others that in the same situation you are in and that I will be praying for you as I would for many others on this boards.

P.S I have a person who I meet on this board that I talked to regularly, we are in the same situation and helping each other geting through this. He is a much better Christian then me and has pointed out many good things to help me through. If you are interested let me know and we can talk off line. My posts is a few below yours if you want to read it.

Jamesp

<small>[ April 01, 2004, 10:05 AM: Message edited by: jamesp ]</small>

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 649 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation