Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
I
OP Offline
I
It has been along road, my wife finally came to the point where she said that she had forgive me. It was evident by they way she acted toward me lately, but she insisting on going through with the divorce. Please pray that God will change her heart before it is too late. Thank you.

L
L
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by jamesp:
<strong> Please pray that God will change her heart before it is too late. Thank you. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">What do you mean, "....before it is too late....."

WHEN will it be too late?

L
L
It is Never going to be to late. Just remember that. Use this time to know God better. It's ok to be anxious and scared but tell it to God. Divorce is not the end.

Lunadove

L
L
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by LunaDove:
<strong> It is Never going to be to late. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Thank you, Luna. That was going to be my point!

I hope you are listening, James. IT AIN"T OVER TILL YOU SAY IT'S OVER.

God Bless,

I
I
jamesp,
This is a posting I answered java with and I want to share it with you as well.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I feel for you. I know the pain you are experiencing as I am waiting for the same. I won't tell you what you should do. I will tell you what I am doing.

I was served papers in Sept '03. I didn't sign them. I have been apprehensive with looking for a lawyer, and last week (after joing Restore Ministries) I have decided to NOT find a lawyer. I will not allow my fear of being cheated to interfere with what God has planned. I have surrendered my marriage to God. Already, some think I am crazy. Perhaps, BUT, if I claim God to be my Lord, not just my Savior, I HAVE TO TRUST HIM TOTALLY. In my case, if she does cheat me, well that is my earthly punishment for cheating "on her".

As for God "hating divorce", He DOES. Again, my take on it. God CAN heal my marriage right now. What happens for me? I am still an angry man. I still sin in my heart and thoughts. I still judge my wife, without telling her (verbally or in action). I am NOT the man God wants in this marriage.

Should I be asking God to not only save my marriage, but also, instantly remove ALL of my sinful actions? Is that going to make me humble? Is that going to make me grateful? Is that going to make me an effective witness to be used by God? For me that is a selfish request. When I think about, any request to God can be considered selfish. He allowed His Son to die so that I would enjoy eternity with Him. What right have I to ask Him for anything?

Have you read Hopeful98's Clean Blood? It moved me immensely.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">God bless you brother,
ItsInHisHandsNow
Genesius

I
OP Offline
I
Thank you all for your encouragement, I really do appreaciated all of your prayers as well. The reason I said about giving up is due the the fact the this roller coaster ride is getting to be too much sometimes and I tend to let it out more than I can keep it in. I will stand by my marriage no matter what happen.

Thank you all and God bless each and every one of you.

Jamesp

L
L
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by jamesp:
<strong> Thank you all for your encouragement, I really do appreaciated all of your prayers as well. The reason I said about giving up is due the the fact the this roller coaster ride is getting to be too much sometimes and I tend to let it out more than I can keep it in. I will stand by my marriage no matter what happen.

Thank you all and God bless each and every one of you.

Jamesp </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I hear you there. But then I step back and realize I am willing to do anything to make my marriage work. Which usually reverts to trusting in the Lord. I pray for all who are in the same situation as me.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 473 guests, and 79 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation