DON'T FORGET -

"Early on the first day of the week, while it was still dark, Mary Magdalene went to the tomb and saw that the stone had been removed from the entrance. So she came running to Simon Peter and the other disciple, the one Jesus loved, and said, "They have taken the Lord out of the tomb, and we don't know where they have put him!" So Peter and the other disciple started for the tomb. Both were running, but the other disciple outran Peter and reached the tomb first. He bent over and looked in at the strips of linen lying
there but did not go in. Then Simon Peter, who was behind him, arrived and went into the tomb. He saw the strips of linen lying there, as well as the burial cloth that had been around Jesus' head. The cloth was folded up by itself, separate from the linen. Finally the other disciple, who had reached the tomb first, also went inside.
He saw and believed." John 20:1-8

All around the world on this Resurrection Sunday morning, people are preparing to go to worship and to celebrate the resurrection of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. It is both sad and shocking that approximately 50% of the married
people in the United States did not wake up on this grandest day of the Christian year, with their spouse at their side. The Enemy is wrecking havoc in our families, our churches, and eventually in society, through divorce.

We send an Easter bouquet of appreciation to the men and women known as "standers;" people who have dug in their heels and said "no!" to divorce. They are praying and standing with God for the restoration of their marriages. These people will go to church today, in most instances, without their spouse. Some do not even know where their beloved can be found.

If that describes you, our friend, Resurrection Sunday is your day! The disciples thought all hope was gone when Jesus was crucified. No doubt someone was telling those first Christians to "get on with life," just as people are telling you to do. An empty tomb bore testimony that the crucified Jesus was alive! His empty tomb bears testimony that your dead-appearing marriage is also alive. While we wait and
pray for that day of restoration for your family, Easter 2004 has some lessons for the stander.

As much as we love standers, they can be forgetful. When the Enemy places them under attack, some standers focus on their problems and forget about Jesus:

* Some forget who rolls away the stone -

"When the Sabbath was over, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome bought spices so that they might go to anoint Jesus' body.
Very early on the first day of the week, just after sunrise, they were on their way to the tomb and they asked each other, "Who will roll the stone away from the entrance of the tomb?" Mark 16:1-3

To the world, the huge boulder of adultery, addiction, or abuse appears to have to have been set in place in front of your marriage. The two Marys did not even need to question who would roll away the stone. God had that all worked out, just like He has for your stone.

* Some forget to run to the tomb -

"When they came back from the tomb, they told all these things to the Eleven and to all the others. It was Mary Magdalene, Joanna, Mary the mother of James, and the others with them who told this to the apostles. But they did not believe the women, because their words seemed to them like nonsense. Peter, however, got up and ran to the tomb. Bending over, he saw the strips of linen lying by themselves, and he went away, wondering to himself what had happened." Luke 24:9-12

Who first saw evidence of the resurrection? Peter, who ran to the tomb. The standers who first see evidence of marriage restoration are
men and women who are "running" a straight line toward that goal. The ones who falter, standing today, quitting tomorrow, perhaps standing somewhat the next, are being delayed in reaching their goal.

* Some forget the promise -

"While they were wondering about this, suddenly two men in clothes that gleamed like lightning stood beside them. In their fright the
women bowed down with their faces to the ground, but the men said to them, "Why do you look for the living among the dead? He is not
here; he has risen! Remember how he told you, while he was still with you in Galilee: 'The Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, be crucified and on the third day be raised again.'" Then they remembered his words." Luke 24:4-8

What has God promised you regarding your marriage? The scriptures tell us that God keeps his promises. Nevertheless, standers forget,
even when God remembers. Time and time again, God reminds each of us not only what He has promised to do for us, but also of what He has
called us to do.

* Some forget that Jesus lives -

"Then the disciples went back to their homes, but Mary stood outside the tomb crying. As she wept, she bent over to look into the tomb and saw two angels in white, seated where Jesus' body had been, one at the head and the other at the foot. They asked her, "Woman, why are you crying?" "They have taken my Lord away," she said, "and I don't know where they have put him." At this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing there, but she did not realize that it was Jesus." John 20:10-14

We can report that we have never heard of a stander starving or being thrown into debtor’s prison. We acknowledge that your funds may be
tight, and it all looks hopeless, but that is when Jesus works best. Do not make the mistake of forgetting who brought the answer, after it
arrives. Remember that your help came from the Lord, regardless of who He chose do deliver your answered prayer.

* Some forget to believe -

"Now Thomas (called Didymus), one of the Twelve, was not with the disciples when Jesus came. So the other disciples told him, "We have seen the Lord!" But he said to them, "Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put
my hand into his side, I will not believe it." A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though
the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, "Peace be with you!" Then he said to Thomas, "Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe." Thomas said to him, "My Lord and my God!"
Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." John 20:24-29

We would almost wonder if doubting Thomas had been the first stander? After the resurrection, Jesus entered the room without using the door,
and instructed Thomas to place his fingers in Jesus’ hands, which Thomas had said would be the only way he would believe that Jesus was alive.

What must Jesus do for you before you acknowledge that He is Lord, and that He can restore your hurting marriage? Each day, every day, and in every way, Jesus is showing us that He lives. Nevertheless, many times we follow Thomas’ example of unbelief.

We pray that today, this Resurrection Sunday, may be the day that you seal your relationship with the risen Lord Jesus. He alone is the One
who forgives, forgets, heals, and restores. Blessed be His precious name. May you call out to Him today.

"Later Jesus appeared to the Eleven as they were eating; he rebuked them for their lack of faith and their stubborn refusal to believe those who had seen him after he had risen. He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned." Mark 16:14-16

May you have a blessed and Christ-centered Resurrection Sunday today.

He is risen, (don't forget),
Bob and Charlyne Steinkamp
Rejoice Marriage Ministries