Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#346190 04/29/04 07:04 AM
E
OP Offline
E
Yes, things are not as I'd like them to be, but when I really look back, I can see that I'm growing and becoming more empathetic, more considerate of others.

I don't say this to blow my own horn, because frankly, it wasn't me. God is showing me the hurts of others, the error of my ways, and a different perspective on life.

A year ago, I was all about modifying my car, Auto Crossing, making final preparations for the trip to Arizona to install the turbocharger. Not a single thought about how my W or children felt about these things.

Today, the car has been sold, and I cannot stop thinking about how they all feel.

I thank the Lord that while I still feel anger, I seldom act out with it. When I do, the Lord quickly points it out to me.

I do have an unexplainable confidence that my marriage will be restored. I know that my W's affair is only a symptom of her pain, her unmet needs.

Yes, it is a sinful response to that pain, but it is not my place to judge her.

I just ask the prayer warriors here to keep lifting both of us up in prayer, and I would like you also to take a little time with me in thanking and praising God for what I've seen so far. While I'd like this all to be resolved, I also understand that the lesson may take a while for me to fully learn what it is the Father is teaching.

Praise God the Father and perfector of my faith.

Tony

#346191 04/29/04 11:52 AM
S
S
Yes, things are not as I'd like them to be, but when I really look back, I can see that I'm growing and becoming more empathetic, more considerate of others. Oh Tony, I am so proud of you! You have realized that you are indeed growing & learning! This is wonderful! PTL! Keep up the good work!

I do have an unexplainable confidence that my marriage will be restored. I had the same feeling inside when my H was gone. I couldn't explain it, but it wouldn't go away. I believe God is speaking to you, deep inside of your heart. And when you feel like you're losing that feeling, go back into His Word and remember His promises!

I just ask the prayer warriors here to keep lifting both of us up in prayer, and I would like you also to take a little time with me in thanking and praising God for what I've seen so far. You've got it! Lord, I thank You that You are helping Tony realize the growing he needs to do & leading him in his decisions. Thank you Lord for always being in control. We can do nothing, be nothing, without You as the light! Hallelujah! Praise Him - the Almighty King!

#346192 05/03/04 09:55 AM
K
K
Tony--

I admire your standing for your marriage, your willingness to allow God to use this to shape you and mold you. I hope and pray that your marriage will indeed be restored.

Kathi

#346193 05/04/04 08:34 AM
E
OP Offline
E
Thanks all,

You know, I could get discouraged as I learn more things. God had really been speaking to me these past few days while listening to Christian radio. Charles Stanley on Sunday talking about the fruits of the spirit, and how angry outbursts can be a sign of selfishness, the sermon on Sunday was about forgiveness.

Then yesterday, I heard Dr. D. James Kennedy talking about 10 pre-conditions for God answering prayer.

God is speaking to me through many men and women.

I could get discouraged when I see how I fall short, but I'm trying to take comfort that God loves me enough to point these things out to me.

Thank you,

Tony

#346194 05/05/04 12:33 AM
H
H
Mr. Tony Java - Praise Jesus for your outlook! He is doing a great work in your life, and I trust Mrs. Java will see the light and the scales will fall from her eyes. You hang in there, brother, and God bless!

#346195 05/04/04 07:41 PM
F
F
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by javaSansContour:
<strong>You know, I could get discouraged as I learn more things. ... I could get discouraged when I see how I fall short, but I'm trying to take comfort that God loves me enough to point these things out to me. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Oh, my good brother! I have to admit that I too felt like I had so badly missed the mark that I wanted to cry (and did), but of course, I'm a gooey little Feeler! It really can be discouraging to have your eyes opened to all the ways in which you fell short, and even MORE discouraging to keep your focus on YOUR shortfalls and not the shortfalls of your spouse. Like that one parable said (heehee): Get that big old phone pole out of your own eye before you start picking the toothpick out of mine. (CJ Paraphrased Version)

Oddly enough, this is when it is the hardest but the most rewarding to thank God in EVERYTHING. How can *I* even approach God to thank Him, I'm just a mess!!?? Well, God commands us to do it and so we must, and we must drag our mess of a life up there before Him for Him to see. And He loves us anyway.

So, I join you in thanking God, tonight, Tony.

Blessed are You, Lord our God, King of the Universe, creator of those of us who fall so far short of our potential. Thank You for caring about us even though we are just a MESS. Thank You for showing us all the ways in which we miss the mark...it's so embarrassing! Thank You for knowing every single way that we have not been the people you called us to be, and loving us inspite of ourselves. Thank You for finding us valuable enough to teach us these lessons--even though it had to hurt. Thank You for being so patient with us when You have every reason to just reject us. Thank You for being with us to help us carry the burden of these painful lessons. Thank You that we had a season of married life...that was a GREAT blessing (sniffle). Thank You for our spouses and their confusion, and we place them completely in Your hands so You can guide them back to You in the way that You know they need it. Thank You for our OP's--yep, that's right...the OP's. No matter how WE may feel about them, we know that they are loved and valued in Your sight, so we pray You will shepherd them back to You as well. Thank You for helping us get by somehow...

AMEN

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,188 guests, and 64 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation